4 Pittsburgh Penguins VS. 5 Ottawa Senators

Western Conference
1 San Jose Sharks VS. 8 Colorado Avalanche
2 Chicago Blackhawks VS. 7 Nashville Predators
3 Vancouver Canucks VS. 6 Los Angeles Kings
4 Phoenix Coyotes VS. 5 Detroit Red Wings

good looks, ATFK
pimp.gif

nhl playoffs by far the best playoffs of the major sports...nothing matches the intensity of these games

My Predictions

Eastern Final-> Sabres VS. Senators
Western Final-> Red Wings VS. Canucks

Cup Final-> Sabres VS. Canucks
Winner-> Vancouver Canucks

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

My Predictions

That would be nice!

Predictions
1st Round
Caps in 5
Devils in 6
Bruins in 7
Pens in 7
Sharks in 5
Hawks in 4
Kings in 6
Wings in 7

2nd Round
Caps in 6
Pens in 7
Sharks in 7
Hawks in 5

Conference Finals
Caps in 7
Hawks in 6

Stanley Cup Finals
Caps in 7
(Hossa looses in the SCF again
laugh.gif
)

As long as Fleury picks it up the champs should be fine. Regardless, can't wait these are awesome to watch

I'm nervous about the matchup w. the Habs....they have a SICK PP and the Caps are pretty bad on the PK. Caps have to stay out of the box in order to take this series....

Halak is solid and the Canadiens played tough against the Caps all year....I'd like to say Caps in 6 (hopefully)

Caps in 4. Halak will be pulled by Game 2.
Devils in 7. Tough match-up. Boucher played decent down the stretch and no matter what anyone thinks about Pronger, he always shows up in the postseason.
Sabres in 6. Hopefully Boston breaks the 2 goal barrier in a game or two.
Penguins in 5. I have no qualmes saying that if Ottawa was healthy, they'd push Pittsburgh to 7 games.

Sharks in 5. They got really lucky that the Avs got the 8 seed.
Chicago in 7. This one could go either way to me. Rinne is one of the best goalies in the league. If he plays great and Niemi/Huet play like they normally do...
Kings in 6. Doughty and Scuderi will shut down the Sedins and Burrows. I really like this team. They have the depth and experience with Smyth, Williams, Scuderi and Modin. And I have no faith in Luongo's mental toughness to be honest. It's just a matter of when he decides to fall apart.
Red Wings in 7. Great goalies, great coaches I think this will be the best series in the first round.

doublej's...you guys will be fine. 5 games probably, 6 at the most. i just don't see them keeping up, or putting up another 6 goal performance. as far as the PP, it can only do so much for them. but i dont see halak shutting you guys down completely.

caps in 5
devils in 6
bruins in 6
pens in 5

sharks in 4
blackhawks in 6
canucks in 7
wings in 6

Bruins have taken 4 out of 6 vs. Buffalo this year, but I see them having a lot of trouble scoring goals against Miller.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

So is anyone growing a playoff beard?

Playoff beard in full effect. The Caps are winning it all this year DoubleJ's, don't be worried about the Habs.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Sharks in 5. They got really lucky that the Avs got the 8 seed.

And we got really UNlucky with the 8 seed last year.
Go Sharkies!!!!!

Of course.  Just bought my playoff tickets a few minutes ago.  Gotta grab another jersey though, this Marty jersey has been bad luck the past few years...

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

My Predictions

That would be nice!
Henrik and Daniel Power Twins Activate!  I'd love for this to happen, although I never though that going into the playoffs the thing that made me most nervous was our goaltending 
frown.gif

Of course.  Just bought my playoff tickets a few minutes ago.  Gotta grab another jersey though, this Marty jersey has been bad luck the past few years...
Switch it up and get yourself a Parise jersey. That's sick that you get to catch some playoff hockey live.

Switch it up and get yourself a Parise jersey. That's sick that you get to catch some playoff hockey live.

laugh.gif
I went to a Yankee game with the Parise jersey on last year, I think it's sullied.  Trying to get a Zajac or Kovy jersey even though he won't be around.

It's in Jersey, tickets were pretty cheap compared to what it'd be like at the Garden.

1st Round

Caps in 6
Devils in 5
Bruins in 6
Pens in 6

Sharks in 6
Hawks in 4
Kings in 7
Wings in 7

2nd Round

Caps in 6
Devils in 7