Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

Im pretty sure the puck was already in when Malik went into the net. I am glad the Devils got home ice. They are 10-1 in playoff series' in which they havehome ice advantage. Hopefully that trend continues.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Im pretty sure the puck was already in when Malik went into the net. I am glad the Devils got home ice. They are 10-1 in playoff series' in which they have home ice advantage. Hopefully that trend continues.

yea...its hard to tell.....its over now so who cares...this is gunna be a great series....are you going to any games?

i decided to start an official playoff thread, to gather as much interest as we can in the great sport of hockey...i'm just pumped the Flyers are back inand have what should be a great first round series

I predicted Sens vs. San Jose in the finals at the beginning of the season, I'd be surprised to see the Sens advance past the 2nd round
ohwell.gif

I'm really happy to see Washington and Pittsburgh completely turn their franchises around. What a great season for the Caps, division champs, coach of theyear, MVP, league leading scorer and Rocket Richard winner, and a Calder candidate in Backstrom.

I wont discount Ottawa though, I think the Sens can beat the Caps in 6-7 games even without Alfie.

Western Conference playoffs look like a snore fest to me.

Detroit is going to murk Nashville.
San Jose vs. Colorodo should be interesting.
Calgary vs. Minny might be the worst playoff series in NHL history. Expect a bunch of 1-0 and 2-1 games.
Anaheim vs. Dallas should be even more defensive than Calgary vs. Minny.

I think Detroit, San Jose and Anaheim are going to advance. Calgary vs. Minny is a toss up.

As for the East, you're better off flipping a coin than predicting the winners. I expect Montreal to beat Boston, no other outcome in the East wouldsurprise me.

the standings changed a bit today...

Its Calgary vs San Jose, for some reason Calgary is leading the season series...

sharks vs calgary scares me. (ima sharks fan by the way, reppin 408!)

i remember what calgary did to the sharks 3 playoffs ago...
mad.gif

plus its the nhl playoffs, anything can happen

im thinking at least a 6 game series between the flames n sharks.

The good thing about the lost to the stars, was that it prepared them for the type of game they'll see against the flames(or any other playoff team forthat matter). Sharks finally grew a pair and fought back.
pimp.gif

Nah not going to any games. I was all set to buy tickets to game 2 then I checked my account balance and Im glad I didnt buy them lol. Hopefully there will bea 2nd round for me to get to. This is what I think, Devils in 6. Montreal in 5. Pitt in 7 and Washinton in 6. Hopefully that works out that way. I think itcan. It will be Montreal vs Detroit though I think for the Cup with Montreal winning in 6.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by jrp44

Can't wait for the Rangers-Devils series
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rangers in 5
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Look how confident you are !!!
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I'm feeling it this year....B.S. calls from last year'sSabres series still had me
mad.gif
First the Giants....now the Rangers
nerd.gif

I think the Rangers are good enough to make it to the cup finals, I hope Jagr catches fire
pimp.gif

After posting my playoff predictions I realized that Yahoo had the wrong standings up last night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think the Rangers are good enough to make it to the cup finals, I hope Jagr catches fire
pimp.gif

As of right now, almost any team can come out of the East but I also like the Rangers chances. I am very nervous about the Devils, I'm not gunnalie....
ohwell.gif

Well at least you're being honest
laugh.gif
. If you think this series willonly take 5 games I think you might be a little misinformed. It will in all liklihood be a long series but stranger things have happened I guess. The Devilswent 4-1 in their last 5 games of the season. I think they have a good chance to beat the Rangers. Most of the Eastern Conference is a coin toss though becauseany of these teams can win. Its going to be a great playoff season.
pimp.gif

Playoffs start tomorrow. Can't wait. Should be a good one against Calgary. All of the experts say no way can Calgary get past SJ. I'm not as confidant,but we are a different team with Campbell.

cicco1212 wrote:

Washington Caps we in here 3rd seed baby...

Such a sad thing that we can't see a Caps - Pens eastern conference final.

I'm really hoping for a Sharks - Pens final. What a huge market that would be for the NHL. Although a Canadiens Sharks final would be
pimp.gif
too. Does anyone remember that game in San Jose last month. Talk about fun towatch.

jrp44 wrote:

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by jrp44

Can't wait for the Rangers-Devils series
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rangers in 5
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Look how confident you are !!!
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I'm feeling it this year....B.S. calls from last year's Sabres series still had me
mad.gif
First the Giants....now the Rangers
nerd.gif

Blame your team for letting Drury shoot between Vanek's legs over Lundqvist's shoulder to send it into OT in game 5
pimp.gif

oh wait you have Drury now
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom