OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

This is really happening!

There was no doubt for me that Nike wasn't going to put the pump in this shoe. I'm fine with that as long as the shoe looks the same as the original. Off the bat I can see they left out the pop color plastic lace holes on the ankles....hopefully it all
gets figured out in a production model.

I'm hoping these are a QS so they'll use decent leather on the shoe cuz the other garbage they've been using on most of their retros recently isn't cuttin' it.

*facepalm*

I hope that retro pic is a fake honestly, cause if thats what Nike has in mind to do to the force 180 pumps...
mad.gif

I dont care of they actually pump or not, but if they dont even look like the og's then why make anything?

*bonks Nike on the noggin* whats wrong with you!

Do it right Nike, or dont even do it at all.

i gurentee these do not look like the og did in the pump area, and if they don't Nike mucked up BIG TIME!!! if the don't look like the og in that area, SCRAP THEM NIKE. it will be a fail!

although I'm very excited to see these and hopefully cop them! I cant believe the day came!

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

looks like they slightly lowered the height, got rid of the third lace hole on the ankle collar, and removed the eyelets at the top. but who knows, those could be very early samples.

I dunno, this is a pretty big let down. They don't look like a bad looking shoe by any means but they look more like a hybrid shoe than anything. They should have left the shoe as is the way it originally looked but without the pump function, would have worked so much better. In 2003/04 the court victory pumps didn't have functional pumps but atleast they left the little tennis ball on the shoe

I wonder if the whole Reebok patent thing really had something to do with them not including it on this retro. Here's the original patent for the 180 pump

Here is the command force pump patent

good thing i saved this windbreaker from the 90's that was made to go witht hese!! now i'll look all spiffy wen i get my pumps!!!

DSC00437.jpg

NIKE COULD YOU PLEASE USE THE SAME SHAPE ANKLE COLLAR???? and could you please put in the 3 teal eyelets on the top ankle collar ALSO!!!

Gotta give Reebok props on the pump concer, they executed it way better than Nike. Putting it on the tongue was genius, nice job Paul

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I wonder if the whole Reebok patent thing really had something to do with them not including it on this retro. Here's the original patent for the 180 pump

Here is the command force pump patent
im thinking it did..its really the only thing Reebok has ever beat Nike in (well, that and making a permanently icey sole) 
laugh.gif

I don't see how Reebok is the only one allowed to make pumps..Nike made it's first pump a couple years after Reebok if Im not mistaken..And a quick search online shows that Reebok, Nike, LA Gear, and DC Shoes have all made inflatable footwear(DC's being a snowboot in a couple different models in 06/07)..So I don't think it has to do with any kind of patents or lawsuits, I think it's just Nike bastardizing a classic cause their cheapskates..And nobody can tell me about production costs when nike is constantly puking out Foamposites which due to the molds aren't very cost efficient to make/sell..

Originally Posted by casekicks

I don't see how Reebok is the only one allowed to make pumps..Nike made it's first pump a couple years after Reebok if Im not mistaken..And a quick search online shows that Reebok, Nike, LA Gear, and DC Shoes have all made inflatable footwear(DC's being a snowboot in a couple different models in 06/07)..So I don't think it has to do with any kind of patents or lawsuits, I think it's just Nike bastardizing a classic cause their cheapskates..And nobody can tell me about production costs when nike is constantly puking out Foamposites which due to the molds aren't very cost efficient to make/sell..

Very good point sir we need to demand a proper retroing

Thank you Thorrocks..I mean it's not like they'd have to worry about them sitting on shelves, afterall, look at what people are waiting days in line for..Galaxy Foams, Yeezys, South Beaches, Banned Jordan 1s, Concords/Space Jams/Cool Greys, Cements..And the list goes on and on..Not to mention the only shoe even sniffing 100 bucks is the Jordan 1 with all the others being way over 150 and now you have Foams, Ye's, Jordan 2012 well over 200 dollars..So it's not like the market hasn't already proved they're willing to pay the 180-225 price that Nike would probably charge for Pump 180s..

Originally Posted by casekicks

thats the key word...after. Reebok did it first so they have first dibs on a patent. It doesnt matter when nike issued a shoe with a pump system, if it was after Reebok initially did it, they would lose in court.If I remember correctly, Nike and Reebok were in a bitter advertising war in the early 90's trying to sway the public on which company had the better pump technology. Reebok probably figured that Nike would eventually retro these due to their popularity so they probably filed the patent to prevent a true retro and tell the public that if they want any pump technology in their sneakers, then they would have to come to Reebok.

Back
Top Bottom