OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Does anybody have an idea when these will come out?

Who cares..The more I think about these coming without the pump or hell even the right collar shape the angrier I get..I've literally wanted these shoes for almost 2 decades..This was supposed to be my first men's size pair of shoes ever..I talked my parents into going to JC Penney and buying these for me as birthday present/"you don't have to buy me school shoes"  gift..But they didnt have them in a 6 1/2 and I couldnt get em anywhere else since mom was gonna put em on her JCP credit card..I'm so disappointed Nike is taking the easy way out and not doing this shoe the right way..I mean having no pump on these(or atleast the identical collar w/non functional pump) is to us guys over 30 like Jordan doing a retro 8 w/out straps, or an 11 with no patent leather..Thats how serious these are to us that were actually old enough to remember when they came out..

Retro doesn't even look like the same shoe (compared to the o.g.) with or without the pump.

These will flop nationally.

Catch me for $69.99 a few months after release at Shoe City/DTLR/SportsZone or at an outlet with the dis, whichever comes first. 
laugh.gif

I wish the colorways were more faithful to what was hot in that time period this shoe was not a team shoe at all ifk why they are making team colors

They shouldve done the wht royal maize colorway and there was a nice wht blk colorway as well where the heel counter was blk nubuck.....

Overall even if Nike could make the pump there is no way they would, the cost of researching and engineering it and then setting up a production line for the parts for one Nike Sportswear model would drive the cost of the shoe to be well over 200.....

These are going to be at least 160 if not 170 already with the new pricing .....

As someone with knowledge of how the industry works in terms of sourcing materials for production and tooling molds and costs I understand them not using the pump, but there is no reason that they couldnt have kept the shoes appearance the same.....No excuse and theres no excuse to change up the tongue and remove the 180 logo either....

I might have bought if they at least got them to look right, nevermind the Pump.

As it stands, they can keep them.

I REALLY hope that if someone is reading this they will make the appropriate change to the shoes at the very least VISUALLY.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

They shouldve done the wht royal maize colorway and there was a nice wht blk colorway as well where the heel counter was blk nubuck.....

Overall even if Nike could make the pump there is no way they would, the cost of researching and engineering it and then setting up a production line for the parts for one Nike Sportswear model would drive the cost of the shoe to be well over 200.....

These are going to be at least 160 if not 170 already with the new pricing .....

As someone with knowledge of how the industry works in terms of sourcing materials for production and tooling molds and costs I understand them not using the pump, but there is no reason that they couldnt have kept the shoes appearance the same.....No excuse and theres no excuse to change up the tongue and remove the 180 logo either....

I can see the shoe being 175 with the pump since the reebok pump bring back is about that much too

The shoe would be about 300+ with the pump.....Nike would need to recreate it from scratch and recoup it all in one run of this model since the tech would not apply to any other designs.....Reebok has been using that pump for almost 20 years, same tech applied in all models so the cost of it at this point is almost nothing to add it into a shoe.....Cant compare it all to a Reebok Pump

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

The price on these more than likely will not be over 135

No way bro, it will be higher, much higher...  

Doubt it.  One: Their not going to charge 175-200 for a shoe they are making in a bunch of colorways.  Two: The shoe in its current state wouldn't warrant a price over that.  

Originally Posted by NikeRider

The price on these more than likely will not be over 135

No way bro, it will be higher, much higher...  

Doubt it.  One: Their not going to charge 175-200 for a shoe they are making in a bunch of colorways.  Two: The shoe in its current state wouldn't warrant a price over that.  
BigLescobar just confirmed price will be 130 for them

BUMP, new pic courtesy of Biglescobar thoughts everyone?!

Updated pic is on page one as well so you can compare between the og's

Nope. They look even worse when you look on page one and see the side by side comparison of the originals.

they really do look like a take down model now. still though, i'll grab the OG colorway and the Black/Rave Pink ones.

they really do look like a take down model now. still though, i'll grab the OG colorway and the Black/Rave Pink ones. 
tired.gif
grin.gif

at least the Ewing 33 Highs will give me hope for a retro high top done right 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

This is how I feel about them.  To me they look like a slightly better PR1 type model.

Back
Top Bottom