OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Yuuup haha. That's what happens when a $70 shoe ends up at every level of shoe store, and JC Penney. I also remember them running super small. One of the few shoes I ever had to size up on.

Peace,
J

I miss those days when JC, Palais Royal and other department stores also carried good shoes. Now they get the lower end stuff if they even still carry Nike.

I miss those days when JC, Palais Royal and other department stores also carried good shoes. Now they get the lower end stuff if they even still carry Nike.

My little story above about my parents being willing to get me the Air Force 180 took place at a JC Penney..My first 3 pairs of Jordans were bought a Penney's..That was the spot that got all the top releases..Then all the specialty shoe stores started making it into the malls in Ohio and Penney's supply dried up..

Since we're reminiscing...
When I was a kid, I remember seeing that the command forces were on sale in the Marketeer (weekly circular/coupon newspaper) here in Brooklyn. I probably nagged my parents for weeks to get them. Sweet memories of them and marked down Reebok Twilight Zones from Hermans in Kings Plaza are rushing back [emoji]128546[/emoji].

Last edited:
Since we're reminiscing...
When I was a kid, I remember seeing that the command forces were on sale in the Marketeer (weekly circular/coupon newspaper) here in Brooklyn. I probably nagged my parents for weeks to get them. Sweet memories of them and marked down Reebok Twilight Zones from Hermans in Kings Plaza are rushing back [emoji]128546[/emoji].

good lord how old r u bro!?!

I think his screen name adequately explains

good lord how old r u bro!?!
I've seen 50 year olds on here 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
I have a feeling most of the peeps posting in here are easily 30+.

36 this January lol. Twilight Zone pumps! First pair of J's were infared 6's. I had to run those joints into dust before ma dukes spent money like that again so it was a whole model jump before I got the white 7's. then we found the Reebok outlet up in Lake George, NY where I got many Shaq Attaq's for the LOW.

I have a feeling most of the peeps posting in here are easily 30+.
30+ indeed...kicks have that nostalgic feel...haven't had a pair of these since 5th grade..Super excited..

On another note the EU launch is 10/18 so my dudes that gotta have them early your favorite EU sites should have them up for sale tonight...

Think we'll ever grow out of this?

Taste in various styles might change, but appreciation for sneakers won't... I think. 

I don't think I will ever grow out of this. Especially with these retros just bringing back so many memories. Someone has to teach these young whippersnappers too. :smile:

Last edited:
You guys calling out the old folks, you don't understand, back in the day we didn't have anything, no internet, smartphones, facebook, etc lol. To us the excitement in life was getting new pair of kicks for school, anticipating the next jordan model. Getting out an playing some ball with our crew. It was simplicity back then. Even girls dug you if you had some dope threads.

Trying to get a good sense of how these fit relative to other current shoes. Everyone says TTS. For those that have how do they fit compared to the white flight huaraches? Those tended to run a tad big. Do these shoes fit similar to those or do they run smaller compared to the huaraches. Just trying to get good comparisons between shoes.

Me and my long time homie were talking about how his moms put these on layway back in the day at footlocker because  she couldn't spend the money all at once..  

i still remember going to his house the day that he got them and i was like 
eek.gif

Last edited:
You guys calling out the old folks, you don't understand, back in the day we didn't have anything, no internet, smartphones, facebook, etc lol. To us the excitement in life was getting new pair of kicks for school, anticipating the next jordan model. Getting out an playing some ball with our crew. It was simplicity back then. Even girls dug you if you had some dope threads.
Indeed.

Much simpler times back then... walk in, cop, walk out!  Didn't have to deal with resellers too!

Looking back and thinking about it now, there were so many kicks that the first time I saw them was in the store!  None of those Twitter or IG "sneak peek" pics! 

Back
Top Bottom