OFFICIAL Nike Air Force 1 High x Foamposite THREAD- VOL: are you disappointed??

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I don't see these moving big numbers at all. People in the hood that just buy forces to match their gear and get fresh don't drop $200 or more on em. That's why all the "supreme" Forces that dropped a couple of years ago sat on shelves until stores cut the price in half.

People that cop foams do so because they like foams. Not ANYTHING made with foamposite, but the actual, original shoes that we appreciated for the design. (foam 1's, flightposite's, foam pros). I don't know why they think we want this mish-mash of sneakers. Maybe with creating new colorways it would be cool, like eggplant foam 1's, or something like that, but not like "Let's mix this shoe, with that shoe, with 4 other shoes...."

If Nike really reads this stuff in depth, we want 2 things, and 2 things only:

1. Retros of all the shoes we know and love done PROPERLY with at least some attention to detail. I understand that cost of materials, etc... are different today, and I don't expect an exact reproduction, but stop giving us the wrong midsole, or cheap, cracking paint, or a REALLY strange shape on the upper, etc...

2. New stuff done the right way, on it's own. A little inspiration from classic sneakers is OK to some extent. (i.e. Lebron VII's) but just make it new and fresh, not a recreation of a shoe we once loved, or combination of a couple of shoes we once loved (sharkalaids, sharkleys, Alpholutions, New Nike tennis sneakers that look like Agassi's when you couldn't even get the Agassi retros right.)

If you're gonna do something crazy for foamheads, Quickstrike (not HOH) the Voltage Foam Pros, Carbon Fiber Flightposites, Royal Foam Pros, and Royal Foam 1's. If you want to do something new, combine 2 shoes we loved into one like you did with eggplant foams. Good example would be Royal Flightposite ones like the photoshop BP did that everybody drools over once a month or so, or do a carbon-fiber Foamposite 1 so we can have an all-black sneaker we'd gladly drop $200 on. Some stuff seems so simple and obvious but it just doesn't happen. I love the fact that we get classics retroed when we do (Griffeys were done well, same with GD II's, and I'm amped to get infrared 90's again, etc...) but sometimes they just don't make sense.

My ranting is done....
^Truth

bearhighfive.jpg
THIS.

Couldn't they take some inspiration from Foamposite 1s and make a new one?  Make them lighter maybe some how more breathable.  Use foam and full length zoom and keep clear soles.  Maybe try to incorporate flywire. or whatever is in the hyperfuse. 

Where has all the creativity gone?

word them sheeds went down to 90 in my dr jays, i thought that was crazy at that time... none of them 25 anniversary joints that were above 150 went on sale, hopefully these do also, but since theyfoams who knows

I don't see these moving big numbers at all. People in the hood that just buy forces to match their gear and get fresh don't drop $200 or more on em. That's why all the "supreme" Forces that dropped a couple of years ago sat on shelves until stores cut the price in half.

People that cop foams do so because they like foams. Not ANYTHING made with foamposite, but the actual, original shoes that we appreciated for the design. (foam 1's, flightposite's, foam pros). I don't know why they think we want this mish-mash of sneakers. Maybe with creating new colorways it would be cool, like eggplant foam 1's, or something like that, but not like "Let's mix this shoe, with that shoe, with 4 other shoes...."

1. Retros of all the shoes we know and love done PROPERLY with at least some attention to detail. I understand that cost of materials, etc... are different today, and I don't expect an exact reproduction, but stop giving us the wrong midsole, or cheap, cracking paint, or a REALLY strange shape on the upper, etc...

2. New stuff done the right way, on it's own. A little inspiration from classic sneakers is OK to some extent. (i.e. Lebron VII's) but just make it new and fresh, not a recreation of a shoe we once loved, or combination of a couple of shoes we once loved (sharkalaids, sharkleys, Alpholutions, New Nike tennis sneakers that look like Agassi's when you couldn't even get the Agassi retros right.)

If you're gonna do something crazy for foamheads, Quickstrike (not HOH) the Voltage Foam Pros, Carbon Fiber Flightposites, Royal Foam Pros, and Royal Foam 1's. If you want to do something new, combine 2 shoes we loved into one like you did with eggplant foams. Good example would be Royal Flightposite ones like the photoshop BP did that everybody drools over once a month or so, or do a carbon-fiber Foamposite 1 so we can have an all-black sneaker we'd gladly drop $200 on. Some stuff seems so simple and obvious but it just doesn't happen. I love the fact that we get classics retroed when we do (Griffeys were done well, same with GD II's, and I'm amped to get infrared 90's again, etc...) but sometimes they just don't make sense.

My ranting is done....

Couldnt Have Been Said Better. I Hope Nike Reads Stuff Like This. I Cant Say Im Dissappointed In The AF1xFoam But At The Same Time I Cant Say Im Glad It Happend... They Jii Siced It On Twitter Too. Maybe Theyll Look Good In A Royal Colorway. Maybe Even Eggplant. But If Retail = $200+ They Will Sit And Collect Dust. Im 10000% Sure Of It. $150 Is A Decent Price For These Seein As They Are Foam Material. The Good Thing Tho Is That They Wont Crease Cause Of The Foam Material. AF1s Crease ALOT. So Thats A Plus.

My ranting is done....

Nike is out of touch. Then again people were paying $150 for fusions, the same price as the retail on most retros. I wonder how widely released they'll be.

^^^I think they'll be widely released for the masses.

For some reason, I feel like Nike is going to treat these as a regular AF1 release as opposed to a regular Foamposite release.

I don't see how anyone could possibly walk into a store that had these hybrids, and any foam one or pro all priced at $200 and walk out with the hybrids over the other options.

Not that I agree with the idea Nike, but if your going to do a foam x af1 why pick the highs over lows?  From what I remember, there are no low top shoes with foam material on them.  I'd consider the foam maxes like a chunky mid.  Outside of that, you've given us foam boots, which although is a boot is comparable IMO to the shoe in the post.  Another thing, you can't just throw a clear sole on anything you trying to push hard just to get people to bite on the idea.  You might fool some people, but you def ain't foolin me.

Originally Posted by young hova

I don't see how anyone could possibly walk into a store that had these hybrids, and any foam one or pro all priced at $200 and walk out with the hybrids over the other options.

Not that I agree with the idea Nike, but if your going to do a foam x af1 why pick the highs over lows?  From what I remember, there are no low top shoes with foam material on them.  I'd consider the foam maxes like a chunky mid.  Outside of that, you've given us foam boots, which although is a boot is comparable IMO to the shoe in the post.  Another thing, you can't just throw a clear sole on anything you trying to push hard just to get people to bite on the idea.  You might fool some people, but you def ain't foolin me.
People actually like, and buy, the highs, so it's not like there's a huge difference between the those and the lows. Just be glad they didn't choose the mids.
laugh.gif

And what's wrong with the clear sole? I think that it's a good look for the shoe, especially since it's tinted blue.
pimp.gif

I'm really hoping that Nike keeps the retail price under $200, because that would be too much. $175 sounds like an ok price to me.

disgusting!

should have released the black/ voltage foams or OG silver/ black foams with clear soles.

nike is *+@@$## ******ed. who the **!% cares about AF1 x foams

They are nice for air force ones, but they are no longer cool just like nelly...nike should stop crossing shoes and work on hotter colorways, higher quality materials, and new things that make us drool not these buckets of stool. (that was meant to rhyme)

dbff, I'm not saying the clear sole ain't tuff, because it is on this specific shoe. All I'm saying is I feel like they try to use a clear sole to dupe people in to paying a stupid price for a shoe/try to get people hooked on a style.

My ranting is done....

on point and cosign.
what nike doesnt realize is that their retros sell...... all these hybrids they make bomb, i always see them on sale and rarely do i see someone wearing a pair.... and i live in the hood and always in NYC.... 

like honestly how hard is it to do it correct? these foam AF1s aint gonna sell unless they some limited @%%# and even then they might sit.... cmon son 

im not gonna lie, im not a "true foamposite head" but i have to agree, those "foam" blazers are still on shelves, and most nice blazers move.

That pic doesn't make them look that bad. they aren't a bad air force 1. But they are still and Air Force 1.

It just angers me that Nike makes all these tweets saying "something you have never seen before".....Last time i checked i have seen air force ones before somewhere....

they will inevitably be too expensive and will sit on shelves.

PanaRicanRetro said it best. Foam fans are fans of foamposites not any shoe made with foam. People who are fans of jordans don't like jordan fusions so why would foam fans like foam fusions.

between the midsole being heavy as is plus the foam material I can't help feeling that shoe looks heavy **% hell it'll be like yanking out a cruise ship anchor bare-handed walkin in these...i'll most likely pass on these unless i can get them uber cheap

Back
Top Bottom