OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority of the pairs will sell online quickly, at least before the end of the year. The resellers have many things working for them:

1) Nike gave the general public about 48 notice before the auctions started. Therefore, if you didnt have the money saved or didnt have the credit, you wouldnt be able to get a pair. No one was prepared. (ex: everyone knows the Duncans are coming out soon and they are $225, so you have time to save that money up for release date) Now people can save there money up and buy them when they are ready. I honestly think $6k is just the tip of the iceberg. I would expect to see SOME prices between 9-15...Resellers with money will sit on these waiting for that buyer to bite...the sizes will run out and that price will hold.

2) Nike made this USA exclusive for the auctions. The rest of the world could not buy them originally. (I know there are US buying agents who ship internationally for you, but its not the same) Now the rest of the world has access and will have the chance to buy them on ebay from resellers. And they will pay. 1980's cinema was HUGE in Europe, Asia and everywhere else. EVERYONE knows what these are and wants them.

3) Christmas/holiday season. DADDY I WANT THESE...enough said. People with money/credit will spoil there kids and buy these

4) The fact that the movie is nearly 30 years old. This means that the kids that watched this and want these since 1985 are damn near 40 years old. Some/most have established themselves in work/society and if they want it, they will buy it.

5) GRAIL STATUS. For alot of collectors, sneakerheads, sci-fi lovers...This is it. They have been waiting to close the door on this chapter for along time. Its here now. Expect alot of sales from this group.

I think the majority of the pairs will sell online quickly, at least before the end of the year. The resellers have many things working for them:

1) Nike gave the general public about 48 notice before the auctions started. Therefore, if you didnt have the money saved or didnt have the credit, you wouldnt be able to get a pair. No one was prepared. (ex: everyone knows the Duncans are coming out soon and they are $225, so you have time to save that money up for release date) Now people can save there money up and buy them when they are ready. I honestly think $6k is just the tip of the iceberg. I would expect to see SOME prices between 9-15...Resellers with money will sit on these waiting for that buyer to bite...the sizes will run out and that price will hold.

2) Nike made this USA exclusive for the auctions. The rest of the world could not buy them originally. (I know there are US buying agents who ship internationally for you, but its not the same) Now the rest of the world has access and will have the chance to buy them on ebay from resellers. And they will pay. 1980's cinema was HUGE in Europe, Asia and everywhere else. EVERYONE knows what these are and wants them.

3) Christmas/holiday season. DADDY I WANT THESE...enough said. People with money/credit will spoil there kids and buy these

4) The fact that the movie is nearly 30 years old. This means that the kids that watched this and want these since 1985 are damn near 40 years old. Some/most have established themselves in work/society and if they want it, they will buy it.

5) GRAIL STATUS. For alot of collectors, sneakerheads, sci-fi lovers...This is it. They have been waiting to close the door on this chapter for along time. Its here now. Expect alot of sales from this group.

Congrats on all your pairs. Thats just amazing the amount of effort and quality put into this shoe.

A couple of questions though,

Is there a production tag inside the shoe? When and where were they made? Im curious to see if they would put that info on a tag and put it on the shoe, seeing how secretive this release was.

Congrats on all your pairs. Thats just amazing the amount of effort and quality put into this shoe.

Is there a production tag inside the shoe? When and where were they made? Im curious to see if they would put that info on a tag and put it on the shoe, seeing how secretive this release was.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Yes.
8/10 in Taiwan.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Yes.
8/10 in Taiwan.

Originally Posted by monase

i guess there's really something special in 2015 for all of those who got the Mags.

Who knows. Maybe the 2015 ordeal is only for existing owners
happy.gif

Now that I see pics and stuff I really wish I had got 2 pairs, but of course like Kal stated money wasn't right or else I might've
happy.gif

Originally Posted by monase

i guess there's really something special in 2015 for all of those who got the Mags.

Who knows. Maybe the 2015 ordeal is only for existing owners
happy.gif

Now that I see pics and stuff I really wish I had got 2 pairs, but of course like Kal stated money wasn't right or else I might've
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Poise3

Hmmmmmmmmmm
nerd.gif

It seems as if Nike is keeping limited releases under wraps now.

Looks like those with pairs now, will probably be thr first to be able to purchase whatever they plan to release in 2015.

Originally Posted by Poise3

Hmmmmmmmmmm
nerd.gif

It seems as if Nike is keeping limited releases under wraps now.

Looks like those with pairs now, will probably be thr first to be able to purchase whatever they plan to release in 2015.

Poise3 speaks the truth.

As soon as I found out that these were for going up for auction, I dumped ANYTHING I could find around my house on ebay. I took a lot of hits but realized that I could re-buy anything I sold (if I wanted to) in the future. There was no way I was going to be able to afford re-seller fees, especially seeing as though people interested outside the USA were not allowed to bid (THANK GOD). After all was said and done, I think I made about 50 sales in 3 days which has amounted to around $300 in ebay fees.

I don't regret selling ANYTHING now that I have a pair.

The only problem I have now is...How the hell am I going to hide this enormous bright yellow box from my wife?

Poise3 speaks the truth.

As soon as I found out that these were for going up for auction, I dumped ANYTHING I could find around my house on ebay. I took a lot of hits but realized that I could re-buy anything I sold (if I wanted to) in the future. There was no way I was going to be able to afford re-seller fees, especially seeing as though people interested outside the USA were not allowed to bid (THANK GOD). After all was said and done, I think I made about 50 sales in 3 days which has amounted to around $300 in ebay fees.

I don't regret selling ANYTHING now that I have a pair.

The only problem I have now is...How the hell am I going to hide this enormous bright yellow box from my wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom