OFFICIAL Nike Air More Uptempo OG BLK/WHT 414962-002 APRIL 2016

2020s:

IMG_8051.gif

Hate to admit it, but will cop. I got a 2016, 2020, and will go for these. And yes, they restoring the feeling with this version.

Yeah they went kinda OD with it. Nike tried too hard and ended up doing a lil too much. Hopefully pairs vary and they don't all look like that.

At this point it makes you wonder if Nike even cares anymore. A simple walk to their archives or a quick Google search could show you what an original pair looked like and simply replicate to their new upper. It shouldn't be that hard.

Maybe that shake up at the top will fix things. Probably not.

First thought when I saw them was, the white extension under the letters look off. Then I saw this... I'm on the fence since I already have 2 pairs.

The white running into the midsole is thicker, the white outline of AIR is altogether.

Still, this may be the closest we will get to the OGs. In 6-10 they may get that part right…but will do something like make the heel swoosh white again lol

outside of the bubble size, it looks to me like the 2020s culd be slightly customized (extend the white and darken the back swoosh) to be closer to the OGs than even this new version:tongue:

All they had to do was extend the black portion of the lettering down to where the stitching is on the white part 🤷‍♂️…I’m still in…Closest that they’ve gotten to the OG’s so far…

Yea I'm out on the new version - The spacing looks all off. They tried to get closer, and IMO they got further away. I've always hated the ones that are blatantly painted in the gap to the midsole - OGS spacing wasn't so large so looked more natural. I'm out.

outside of the bubble size, it looks to me like the 2020s culd be slightly customized (extend the white and darken the back swoosh) to be closer to the OGs than even this new version:tongue:
Honestly I was just thinking about doing that...but can it be done without messing up? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom