OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by Flight8403
pimp.gif

Penny V?
eyes.gif
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Should be the next hybird in the Penny line instead.
yea...right after da zoom rookies....

They're actually a REALLY good looking shoe in person. My little brother tried them on, and thinks it will be one of the best performance shoes ever. The midsole is cut a lot like the LeBron 9, with the big chunk out of the arch and lots of carbon fiber. For now, there will be 3 colorways. This OG inspired color, a dark grey/black/court purple/rave pink (infrared-y/orange-y shade), and then a sport turquoise/team orange/white colorway that is kinda like a Dolphins/South Beach-y shoe.

Peace,
J

yup the colorways are going to determine the success of this shoe. I'm not gonna fall for it though.

Someone said Eric Avar > Marc Dolce

Thats like saying Tinker Hatfield > Jason Petrie

OF COURSE THEY ARE. They are Legends... the best of the best. Innovators beyond Innovation....

You cant compare the guys who have the freedom to do WHATEVER they want in the Kitchen with NO Reigns to guys bound by Red Tape all thru the design Process.

Folks will be swayed by these. I admit... I would have kept the Hybrid individual names for the Penny Line since he no longer plays... but at least we can all look forward to new Pennys again.

ONE THING I AGREE WITH IS THE HIGH CUT... OVERDONE.. I WANT TO SEE MORE PICS/IN PERSON AND THE SHAPE IS A BIT STRANGE

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Someone said Eric Avar > Marc Dolce

Thats like saying Tinker Hatfield > Jason Petrie

OF COURSE THEY ARE. They are Legends... the best of the best. Innovators beyond Innovation....

You cant compare the guys who have the freedom to do WHATEVER they want in the Kitchen with NO Reigns to guys bound by Red Tape all thru the design Process.

Folks will be swayed by these. I admit... I would have kept the Hybrid individual names for the Penny Line since he no longer plays... but at least we can all look forward to new Pennys again.
Rock, how do you feel about these being called the Penny V though? Penny doesn't play anymore and these shoes are highly derivative of past models. I'd be more comfortable with 'em being called the 'Son of Penny' or some other hybrid-esque name.

If these take off, do you think we'll be seeing VC 6 or Pippen 7?

Not feeling these at all but I've never been a fan of his shoes other than Foamposites so ehh more for you guys.

damn they look weird.

it looks like some fusion and mix of the previous pennys to 1.

looks like the penny 2s with beer goggles and made the lines go all over the place instead of smooth curves.

another thing i dont like that they're calling em penny V's is all da penny designs flowed into eachother...you can see da natural progression from I-IV, these should've

still had a inner sockliner, a air max bubble to tie em into da IV's a lil bit more.

Are these releasing through Nike Basketball or NSW? Cause if it's NSW I can already picture these shoes lacking in the quality department.

being a fan of the penny line i will cop as long as nike doesn't slap a limited tag on em like with the flight ones. i feel the shoes needs a bigger swoosh, one that wraps around a little and a more defined shape. hoping for a 120-130 price tag.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

another thing i dont like that they're calling em penny V's is all da penny designs flowed into eachother...you can see da natural progression from I-IV, these should've

still had a inner sockliner, a air max bubble to tie em into da IV's a lil bit more.

A sockliner would've been dope on these! The upper could've definitely been better but I'm sure Nike just settled on it.

We'll see how the final product turns out but for now...
sick.gif

Really curious as to how much they price these at, and like dude posted earlier, they would look better with a bigger swoosh
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrSoLeFrEsH

This sort of makes sense to me actually of all the lines to re launch Penny's makes the most sense.

Plus on a side note if they are re launching his line it'd make sense that Memphis be a Penny sponsored school they're seemingly next up for a new batch of uni's having had these for a while.

If they keep the price point under $130 it'd sell well I think.

Memphis just got new UNI's when we left Adidas and went to Nike the year after Rose left..

Back
Top Bottom