Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr K

This is ridiculous, as much as I want the shoe, the way is being handled is absurd, I mean people willingly want to pay 700$ over retail and it is still impossible...only in this culture do you see such ridiculous mark ups and still have to jump through loops to even give your money away...we all say EFFF Nike, but at the end of the day next month we all will still be there willing to spend money on the oly VI's

SMH @ what we created...

Originally Posted by loubrock

Originally Posted by maxdunker

Remember when Nike reps were doing stock checks to make sure Concords weren't getting sold early? Guess these rules don't apply to boutiques SMFH.

here is the really really sad part about this whole thing. Aside from the grotesque amount of money being charged AND most likely being spent on this $245 sneaker, in the end it's still just a Nike "sneaker" to the fashion world. Nike wants for all intents and purposes this sneaker to somehow catapult them to the upper echelons of fashion. They think that just because Kanye is attached to this it will put them on par w/other high end brands rocked by some celebs. But sadly it won't. Nike shoes no matter the hype will never be on par w/Lanvin, Prada or Tod Loafers. They will still just be sneakers. No one who really matters (fashion wise) outside of sneakerheads and hypebeasts will really care about these. Kanye has been a fashion flop w/all his lines he's tried save for the Nike collab which has been his only real success. I mean just take a look at whose really rocking these from a celebrity/fashion stand point: Hip hop artists, athletes, wannabe rap artist/hypebeasts and in between geeky/trendy artists & b/c-listers trying to be cool with the latter.

S/O to all y'all dropping all this money for a shoe y'all probably wouldn't rock. there's NO way I'm dropping the type of money being thrown around for these kicks ESPECIALLY when the $$ is going to scumbag resellers. At least when I bid on the McFlys there was a good cause behind them and more justification of my $2500 bid. I'll keep reading this thread for the laughs and try my luck w/Nike Montalban rsvp or any other RSVPS to be had. Aside from that I'mma keep it pushing and look forward to Oly 7s, Bred 4s and 11's.

Oh yeah and if this is a bust in copping I'mma be looking at Air Randy or whoemever else has them high end fugazis, buy multiples and rock them like a soldier!!
you sound'n real mad about now...
U-Mad.jpg
 This.

All that hate for Nike only to come around at the end with

and try my luck w/Nike Montalban rsvp or any other RSVPS to be had. Aside from that I'mma keep it pushing and look forward to Oly 7s, Bred 4s and 11's.

you're still in their pocket
roll.gif

Thank god my local boutique is only charging retail but I can't even be mad at the ones that aren't. Hand them over to someone for 245 so they can go and sell them for a couple stacks??? Nah. Taking care of your rent for a year + makes much more sense to me.

Originally Posted by Mr K

This is ridiculous, as much as I want the shoe, the way is being handled is absurd, I mean people willingly want to pay 700$ over retail and it is still impossible...only in this culture do you see such ridiculous mark ups and still have to jump through loops to even give your money away...we all say EFFF Nike, but at the end of the day next month we all will still be there willing to spend money on the oly VI's

SMH @ what we created...

It's pretty sad. WITNESS...a Nike slogan...I truly am a witness of how sad this situation has become.

^^ And that's the problem with most of us. We know we shouldn't support this company because they treat most of their loyal customers like crap. We know that we're being overcharged for an inferior quality product, but we still buy it. We're all giant hypocrites and we totally acknowledge that. But most people are like that with a lot of things. Everyone that smokes knows that it's bad for them, but they still do it. Most fat people know why they're fat. They eat crappy food and don't exercise. Would they like to change that? Sure. Is obesity still rampant? Yup. The willingness to go against our own best interests is pretty much ingrained into our culture at this point; Nike and the Yeezys is just another example of it.

This release really got dudes considering crossing international borders, that %#+* is mind blowing...

Well done Nike, well done...
30t6p3b.gif

Remember when Nike reps were doing stock checks to make sure Concords weren't getting sold early? Guess these rules don't apply to boutiques SMFH.

here is the really really sad part about this whole thing. Aside from the grotesque amount of money being charged AND most likely being spent on this $245 sneaker, in the end it's still just a Nike "sneaker" to the fashion world. Nike wants for all intents and purposes this sneaker to somehow catapult them to the upper echelons of fashion. They think that just because Kanye is attached to this it will put them on par w/other high end brands rocked by some celebs. But sadly it won't. Nike shoes no matter the hype will never be on par w/Lanvin, Prada or Tod Loafers. They will still just be sneakers. No one who really matters (fashion wise) outside of sneakerheads and hypebeasts will really care about these. Kanye has been a fashion flop w/all his lines he's tried save for the Nike collab which has been his only real success. I mean just take a look at whose really rocking these from a celebrity/fashion stand point: Hip hop artists, athletes, wannabe rap artist/hypebeasts and in between geeky/trendy artists & b/c-listers trying to be cool with the latter.

S/O to all y'all dropping all this money for a shoe y'all probably wouldn't rock. there's NO way I'm dropping the type of money being thrown around for these kicks ESPECIALLY when the $$ is going to scumbag resellers. At least when I bid on the McFlys there was a good cause behind them and more justification of my $2500 bid. I'll keep reading this thread for the laughs and try my luck w/Nike Montalban rsvp or any other RSVPS to be had. Aside from that I'mma keep it pushing and look forward to Oly 7s, Bred 4s and 11's.

Oh yeah and if this is a bust in copping I'mma be looking at Air Randy or whoemever else has them high end fugazis, buy multiples and rock them like a soldier!!
U-Mad.jpg

Really? How so? Cuz i swear my post didn't read anything like eff nike this or eff Yeezy that. You might wanna re-evaluate your stake in life before you jump on someone who can verbeally and intelligently humiliate you.

What I stated were observations of the failed attempts of what I see happening with this release and this shoe in general. How does anything that I pointed out state I'm mad? I never said I'd stop buying Nikes or go on a rant about how Nike is screwing it's consumer base which has been stated to death. Fact is I can't make shoes and Nike makes cool ones so I'll buy them when they "let" me. I'm just pointing out the stark realities as they appear. For all the effort Ye has put into being a "fashion icon" he's fallen flat on his face trying to execute it. His Nike collab being his only success probably due in part to other designers on Nike's design team. Making this release "exclusive" and limited still isn't putting Nike on par w/other luxury brands. All we see are the people that jumped on the shoe, how many people do you think turned the shoe down and scoffed at it?

So let me keep it hood for a second and just say #clapbackhoe. Thank you and good day sir.
Cc: Control Are

The sad part is that Nike could've made this such a huge event from a mainstream PR/Marketing standpoint by offering them exclusively in their OWN stores and on their OWN website. Create a raffle system based on a Fuel Band purchase or include a golden ticket in a pair of Lebrons, Kobes, or KD IVs that reserves a pair for you to purchase at retail. So many options... but they'd rather give the allocation to shady boutiques and the like that are hard to control and will do nothing but hurt the brand in the big picture. A multibillion dollar company and this is how they handle things...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

The sad part is that Nike could've made this such a huge event from a mainstream PR/Marketing standpoint by offering them exclusively in their OWN stores and on their OWN website. Create a raffle system based on a Fuel Band purchase or include a golden ticket in a pair of Lebrons, Kobes, or KD IVs that reserves a pair for you to purchase at retail. So many options... but they'd rather give the allocation to shady boutiques and the like that are hard to control and will do nothing but hurt the brand in the big picture. A multibillion dollar company and this is how they handle things...
laugh.gif
Another idea... Do the rsvp on the corporate website instead of store by store on twitter. Then send the approved list of buyers to the stores or at least NTs and 21 Mercer. Also if they don't put at least a few online this is a total flop. I've said it before but as of now those of us not in big cities have basically have zero chance with this. Sad... I wouldn't mind a pair of Air Randy specials for a little over retail, but he'll want a boat load too since he claims his are legit. Oh well...
Honestly... I might be afraid to wear these if I got a pair the way things are right now. Don't wanna get jumped just for my shoes...

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by rceefresh

ANY word about NIKETOWNS??

one dude said toronto is a go. but thats canada....
Seem like there's a chance that NTs are getting them... I'm more interested in knowing about NikeTown Las Vegas...

U-Mad.jpg

Really? How so? Cuz i swear my post didn't read anything like eff nike this or eff Yeezy that. You might wanna re-evaluate your stake in life before you jump on someone who can verbeally and intelligently humiliate you.

What I stated were observations of the failed attempts of what I see happening with this release and this shoe in general. How does anything that I pointed out state I'm mad? I never said I'd stop buying Nikes or go on a rant about how Nike is screwing it's consumer base which has been stated to death. Fact is I can't make shoes and Nike makes cool ones so I'll buy them when they "let" me. I'm just pointing out the stark realities as they appear. For all the effort Ye has put into being a "fashion icon" he's fallen flat on his face trying to execute it. His Nike collab being his only success probably due in part to other designers on Nike's design team. Making this release "exclusive" and limited still isn't putting Nike on par w/other luxury brands. All we see are the people that jumped on the shoe, how many people do you think turned the shoe down and scoffed at it?

So let me keep it hood for a second and just say #clapbackhoe. Thank you and good day sir.

18z09t.jpg

Originally Posted by JordanSneakerhead23

Got to make the trip to Orlando or Miami for the Central FL peeps it seems

Everything is n miami, there's no type of play up here n orlando or for the rest of the state smh.... Strictly dade county it seems

U-Mad.jpg

Cc: Control Are

Man, maybe I'm naive but even though 21 Mercer is selling theirs out the back, this and that mom and pop are selling for "$x,000"...It's STILL NOT release day yet. I mean, yeah, we're hearing the horror stories but that's not ALL the shoes that are out there. We still don't know wassup with HOH and Nike stores. So....I'm holding out hope. Y'all can throw in the towel early if y'all want to. I'm not giving up yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom