Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ArmorRig

Originally Posted by kevi

Originally Posted by CeeCeeSinger

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this really gave me a lot of hope

I hope you are right.

I just want this release to be over. I'd give anything for these to drop tonight...

1-800-344-6453 is the Nike corporate office number, I just made a complaint about 21Mercer. I told them why are people receiving RSVP when they send their DM after I did and explained the rules said "first respond, first serve". They said I was right and they are going to call me back with some information. Lets see what is going to happen, most likely nothing. They said a lot of people are making complaints.

Originally Posted by kevi

Originally Posted by CeeCeeSinger

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope you are right.

Unfortunately, this is false. If this logic was correct, then why not do it with all other releases, Jordans, lebrons, etc? There's plenty of people that always leave empty handed, but if Nike made more they would definitely make more because there is more than enough customers to buy their products. The Air Yeezy's will not be widely available in the numbers you guys are hoping for, I'm sure we all hope they will but why would they feed us a limited supply of Galaxy Foams, like many other limited supplied Jordans and other Nikes; then all the sudden give us an ample abundance of a highly anticipated shoe-it's not going to happen.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Funny how dudes calling it rigged when the picked a guy from Dallas when he can't even pick em up.

Doesn't mean it wan't rigged.  21 Mercer has pulled some shady crap with limited released stuff in the past this wouldn't surprise me at all.  BTW if it wasn't rigged please explain this to me
laugh.gif

thank you tre posting up the %+#%%%+ truth
Everyone needs to see this, because there is no rhyme or reason for it.  Some people are trying to make sense of it by saying well 12:21=21 mercer but there was nothing about that mentioned when RSVP was announced so its b.s..  The bottom line is some shady @!#* went down there.

cosign
its straight up a foul move

Originally Posted by RV019

Montalban just did me wrong -___-I could've been doing other things but instead I wait in front of my computer for hours for nothing

I am so heated right now
mad.gif

Does anybody have their phone number? I'm gonna try and call to see what's up.

Wow if this is the case then I think I might take the initiative to boycott Nike. A bunch of you are always talking about it but I think I will take the action of never buying a Nike Product Again. I'm tired of bad marketing just to build hype and not provide to the customer.I sent mine at 4:16 immediately. If someone 5 minutes later got a confirmation then I'm done with this franchise. The RULES that @Mercer21 itself posted stated Shoes will be awarded on a "first respond, first serve" basis. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by capo1119

1-800-344-6453 is the Nike corporate office number, I just made a complaint about 21Mercer. I told them why are people receiving RSVP when they send their DM after I did and explained the rules said "first respond, first serve". They said I was right and they are going to call me back with some information. Lets see what is going to happen, most likely nothing. They said a lot of people are making complaints.
Could be why Montalban got postponed, NIke telling them to get their act together.

Originally Posted by tampakix

kevi wrote:

CeeCeeSinger wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope you are right.

Unfortunately, this is false. If this logic was correct, then why not do it with all other releases, Jordans, lebrons, etc? There's plenty of people that always leave empty handed, but if Nike made more they would definitely make more because there is more than enough customers to buy their products. The Air Yeezy's will not be widely available in the numbers you guys are hoping for, I'm sure we all hope they will but why would they feed us a limited supply of Galaxy Foams, like many other limited supplied Jordans and other Nikes; then all the sudden give us an ample abundance of a highly anticipated shoe-it's not going to happen.

i truly believe that almost 95% of the allocation of these pairs will be on NDC, just makes sense.

Nike needs to have someone overlook their shady stores. What a letdown, man. I even got the "can't DM if they aren't following you back" message from Mercer. What a bunch of JOKERS.

Originally Posted by micer

I have a feeling this is going to be an easy cop on NDC. I've been right about this release so far, and something tells me they're gonna have a reeeeeally large stock for this, and WILL be ready to handle the server load.
Consider these reasons:

• Nike only sent limited quantities to boutiques for a reason - to control this release. The last few hyped releases haven't gone over well and Nike knows this. They were never planning on huge quantities in stores to prevent people from getting upset and starting riots and $#&@. That's why they only sent a semi-large stock to 21 Mercer (their exclusive boutique) for heads who want to cop in the traditional campout style. 
  • Hype is too big. Nike knows how big this hype is and again, doesn't want another Galaxy Foam release.  They want to discourage resells (because lets face it; Nike WANTS our money) and prevent the bad press associated with salty hypebeasts.
  • Look at how much stock was allocated to A, B, and C (and also D) list celebs. I figured this before any stores had confirmation of stock - Nike can't dodge bad press by giving away all of the world's Y2s to celebrities to show off on Instagram. Therefore, they anticipated how many people would want these shoes IN ADDITION to the celebs and produced enough to satisfy the thirst. This is why I think the April date was pushed; Nike claims it wasn't, but I think it was to produce more pairs.
Basically what it comes down to - Nike wants people to buy their product, from them, and they know how big the hype is. This release is different from the Galaxies because with a shoe like this, even people like me who aren't heads (I don't own a single pair of J's and more than likely never will) want to cop. Nike wants us to them our money, not to resellers on eBay. They WILL come through, I'm confident.
Another aspect of the celeb release - Nike knew what they were doing when they released them early to celebs, building MORE hype. These shoes didn't even need anymore hype, but they built more for a reason. They're huge corporation and regardless of what they've done in the past, this release is different because it appeals to literally everyone who has feet and their marketing team wants us thirsty as hell. I'm certain that was on purpose because they know that means more money for them if they handle this correctly and release enough to satisfy everyone. 
I think they're gonna do a big online release, everyone who is on top of their game will have their Y2s, and Nike will rake in the cash. Think about how much money they'll make in a few years after this when the Y3 comes out... It's guaranteed to be doper and MORE hyped.

Originally Posted by hozer

Well glad NDC is still in the year 1999 and cant even accept canadian pay-pal or credit cards.  Our only real sneaker shop did an international raffle... Why must Canada be constantly boned in terms of sneakers?  Any NT'ers wanna help a Canada bro on NDC, I'll be e-camped at work.
If you're near Toronto the twitter RSVP is your best shot... if not, you're pretty much $+$+$$.

Nike could have done this tactic with any one of their limited releases, but didn't. If they wanted to curb the Galaxy madness, they wouldn't be so secretive about it.

Originally Posted by RV019

Anyone know if Montalban will even drop the RSVP today? or?

I'd say stay on that computer , have a feeling they might pull a fast one 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Weather

Originally Posted by hozer

Well glad NDC is still in the year 1999 and cant even accept canadian pay-pal or credit cards.  Our only real sneaker shop did an international raffle... Why must Canada be constantly boned in terms of sneakers?  Any NT'ers wanna help a Canada bro on NDC, I'll be e-camped at work.
If you're near Toronto the twitter RSVP is your best shot... if not, you're pretty much $+$+$$.

I hope the twitter RSVP isn't as bad for us but I doubt it since mad heads are tryin to cop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom