Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought nike said no more midnight releases, so will they be released between 8 and 8 est?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by FLATFOOT888

big ups to 160JordansDEEEEEPPPPP!!!!!

^my dude hooked up the Platinums!!! 

you realize those have the same "pink" on 'em too...

laugh.gif
at you for having pink shoes...
laugh.gif

hes kidding 

you really think i would let this shoe go for retail

i know my boy flatfoot for 8 years 

he dont really mess with shoes anymore 

but yeah he would paid what i would have paid if he wanted them

Originally Posted by InfraRen

I hope you get a pair, since you have Scyther as your avy.
laugh.gif
 I appreciate that man, only store in my state to get them gave em all to people out of state, hopefully u get your pair to

guys, if NikeVandal hits you up for $100 for the exact time of the NDC drop, just do what a few of us did and pull together several people to split up the money...
wink.gif

if his info is legit then sure, he deserves some dough for it, for helping us... i just don't think he should get $100 from each one of us individually...

too many people are just going OD on these and trying to cash in any way they can...
30t6p3b.gif

if his info isn't legit tho, dude better disappear...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thatsG

I thought nike said no more midnight releases, so will they be released between 8 and 8 est?

I think that only referred to store releases, not online.

WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY'RE RELEASING ONLINE!!!!!!! (well some of us do but that's beside the point) STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!!

starting this time tomorrow, there will be no sleep. Monsters, Red Bull, coffee, & cocaine will be in full effect soon.

I really don't want to stay up all night tomorrow for these since I have to work Saturday morning but It looks like I don't have a choice. I will be heated if I stay up ALL night and they don't drop

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY'RE RELEASING ONLINE!!!!!!! (well some of us do but that's beside the point) STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!!

soooooo........ when are they releasing?

chris-bosh-lebron-bomb.gif

today was such a bad day. was gonna rsvp for the militaries and 5 minutes they tweet, the power goes out. I have never been so heated. Gonna focus on these now.

got my homebrew app for grabbing api's of nikestore.com site, so once it refreshes and has them up, i will be locked and loaded on a fiber optic line with full on auto complete forms w/cc numbers and addys filled.
credit cards will be mad max'd this weekend.  good luck to all

Banned.  No buying/selling outside the buy/sell area - and we're certainly not going to let you do something as sleazy as selling "info." 

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Originally Posted by JoeyD16

I think 21 Mercer and Dave Vericker (Store Manager aka "Head Coach") fail to realize is that Nike is a publicly traded company.

I'm assuming that the District Manager associated with 21 Mercer could probably care less about the unethical practices occurring at the store along with the misappropriation of company assets.  I am guessing that will all of the complaints associated with the handling of the Air Yeezy 2 release at 21 Mercer that at most Vericker and his staff would receive a verbal warning from the District Manager, and that would be the end.

However, being a public company, there's something called a "control environment" which I'm assuming that Vericker and his staff believe doesn't apply to their actions.

It doesn't take more than five minutes to go to www.nikebiz.com and pull up Nike's "Inside the Lines" booklet. 

If you really want to cause an issue and report 21 Mercer, Vericker and his staff I'd suggest calling Nike's "Alertline" number at 1-888-836-2463.

Because I'm assuming that the District Manager associated with 21 Mercer is going to be thrilled with formal complaints of unethical, weak control environment and misappropriation of company assets being formally investigated. 

Enough is enough.

Right, we can complain and post pictures all we want, but nothing will change that way.
If you guys really want to change something, call corporate and report them.

give the hype some time to die down... people who missed out on the Yeezy 1 will trade for the Yeezy 2 (for those of you who loaded up on the previous release)

Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by micer

Alright, lets look at this chronologically and then speculate. You might change your mind, but I'm not trying to sway anybody. I've remained optimistic I'll be able to get a pair since day one and I live in Alaska, seriously. 
  • The AY1 drops and people are immediately stoked for the AY2. Hype is building from day one.
  • Kanye starts wearing AY2 prototypes before WTT tour and people are even more hyped. Speculation is already starting that the AY2 might be the most hyped shoe ever.
  • WTT tour was when hype really got big. People saw Ye wearing the finished Solars and freaked. Everyone wanted them at this point, but it was mostly people who were up on shoes. Regular people didn't know about them and hadn't gotten a good enough look at them to be sure.
  • April rolls around, and the rumored release date is coming up. This is where the game changed: Nike realized how big the hype was at this point and they knew that the AY2 had the potential to be the biggest release ever. Additional points to this:
  1. At this point, everyone had seen the shoes and wanted them. This includes heads, hypebeasts, regular folk like me, and literally everyone's $&*#ing grandma. It didn't help that Jay-Z got his pair about this time (I think) and people were really stoked, especially when he shouted them out at his SXSW show.
  2. Nike realized how appealing this shoe was, so they pushed the release date (claiming the april date was just an announcement) to produce more pairs. 
  3. This is the main point of this post, READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ME RAMBLE: The Yeezy 2's are an entirely different release. The reason Nike didn't supply the Galaxies, the Lebrons, any hyped Jordan, is because they don't appeal to everyone. Lets face it, as dope as these shoes are, regular people don't want them. Only heads and hypebeasts want these shoes. Nike knows the demand for their shoes, trust this. They know that if they release these shoes in limited quantities, they will sell out, but they aren't going to risk having extras laying around for people to be calling wack as soon as the hype dies. I wouldn't doubt that Nike loses money on GR's for lame sneakers that nobody really wants, but will pick up on a whim. I would never wear the SB Lebrons, but I can see myself wearing Y2's everyday, especially if I copped both CWs. This is why I believe Nike has changed their ways with this release.
  4. The fact that Nike typically doesn't do huge announcements and such for hyped releases is another reason I believe the Y2's are different. There was no official Nike announcement with a set date for the Lebrons or Foams, but the Y2's had an April announcement date? That's odd for Nike to do, unless they've got another plan.
  • April announcement passes, people are salty. MORE hype builds.
  • Assorted production pictures get leaked. This doesn't normally happen with shoes. More hype.
  • Nike implements the Twitter RSVP system. Personally, I think they did this in anticipation of this release once they realized the magnitude of the hype. They knew that after the GFoam drop, there would be riots and pandemonium when this released, regardless of quantity if the hypebeasts didn't get satisfied. Again, more hype and speculation about the release.
  • Early celeb release. I covered reasons for this in the previous post, but again, Nike wants our money and wants more hype.
  • Drawing out the release info as long as they can built more hype, and only cemented that they were gonna NDC release in my eyes. It's kind of messed up that Nike drew it out so long without telling boutiques, because it kind of made it difficult for them, but they had to.
  • Release info drops, and then people freak. Look at this thread, and tell me the hype isn't at an all time high.

Now lets think. Given how much time has passed since the AY1 and hype was building, Nike had plenty of time to plan this out, and make sure they made as much money as possible with it. Call them a hating corporation or whatever, but they want money. There's no reason for them to hold out on us with this one, because everyone will buy it and it WILL sell out, no matter the quantity. The only reason these aren't a GR at this point is because, really, GR's aren't cool. When was the last time a really hyped GR came out? Never. The Yeezy 2's will be a large stock, and if you really want them, you'll get them. And if I'm wrong on this one, oh well. I won't be salty. They're just shoes. Take what you will from this.
This guy has 11 posts..... and I can pretty much sum it up for you guys. Its just simple math. You know that shoe that released in December 23rd.... what are they called? Oh the concords! They were at every brick and mortar store plus online. Everyone and there mom was saying "The prices will fall when they release and the hype will die because realistically you can purchase the older retro 11's or the DMPs." Makes sense. But, nope pairs were still going for around the $400 range....and people were getting trampled and fights were breaking out. Really ever since December Nike was on media alert from the Concords, then the Galaxys. If this guy knew the numbers then he wouldn't say anything, he would actually be contradicting himself. He is saying this shoe is hitting on genres of people and that Jordan's don't.... which okay I get what he's saying in that case let compare. The Banned 1 release was about 100 to 150 per store at Nike Outlets and ONLY Nike Outlets. Multiply that by under 100 Outlets getting them is give or take 10,000 pairs. Concords in the U.S. man every freaking store and Online at almost every store. Your probably looking at over 200,000 pairs easily. And THAT wasn't enough for the masses. WHY in the world would you think a pair of shoes that is appealing to all sorts of demographics and genres are going to have an adequate amount? They ARE not going to manufacture more of these than the Concords, maybe the Yeezy 1's but no where near what your thinking. Let's not confuse Optimism and Reality. Good Luck to everyone!
Yep, pretty much.  If you really think it'll be easy to cop Yeezy 2s on NDC you're just fooling yourself.  I really hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom