Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i would do is pay by paypal regularly..then just pay his paypal fees for him.  Pay him for good not gift.  This way you are protected and he doesnt have to pay fees.

Congrats to all that got/getting their pairs via NDC and local spots.

Time to hibernate and wait for the market to correct itself once all the impulse buyers are done.

nighty night y'allz!

Originally Posted by CARRERA909

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Man y'all are nutz I wouldn't care how long shipping took if I got a pair for retail..

It's not so much how long it takes, more of a they haven't shipped yet, & until they do run a risk of the orders being cancelled etc.
This.  It's still on preparing to ship on both of my orders.  I just want them to charge my card already 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sole5tar

Need to ask for advice since I have never done this...Guy is offering me a nice discount to pay with paypal gifted, so he avoids ebay fees. I know I will not be protected with this option. What is another way of doing this so he doesn't get charged fees and I can be protected? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
I believe Gifting the funds is the only way. You should NOT do that with these. It's like giving NikeVandal $100 for "info"....You see now he's telling people to open an unauthorized charge dispute with their credit card companies.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by Kontraband1911

I traded these: 

2wp8lcw.jpg

for these:

vvzg7.jpg

t8one9.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
WOW. You came allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up! Sheeessh 

Nice trade in terms of fairness. The South Beach 8 is probably the only pair out of the bunch that you can probably sell in less than a month for $950. The rest of the joints everyone in their moma has them. The DMP 11 was totally raped when the Concord came out, so those are no longer keeping it's stock high. You can find DS DMP packs now for $650-800 in just about every sneaker get together. The Space Jam is just a joke, everyone has that damn kick. Everytime I head to some meetup, I at least see 15 guys rocking that thing... 11's have no more soul. People have played it out. The south Beach elite 9 is ugly imo, and everyone has it, or at least in Texas they do. $400 tops. If you tried selling all these on your own, you are right around $2450! That's if you sold them away from Ebay & Paypal... less if you sold them on ebay of course. So all in all, who ever traded you, just saved himself time by just trading. It would taken him about 2 weeks or so to sell two of those kicks and a month to sell the other ones. Time = money. Is much easier to sell the Yeezy 2,  then to sell all those other pairs you got. That's how that guy saw it. Too many folks are cheap and so therefor it's hard to sell multiple kicks.

Who ever got the Black Y2 did his math. Sold small stocks for one big stock which is know to hold value even after it has been worn many times. But good for you!

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Need to ask for advice since I have never done this...Guy is offering me a nice discount to pay with paypal gifted, so he avoids ebay fees. I know I will not be protected with this option. What is another way of doing this so he doesn't get charged fees and I can be protected? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
i wouldnt do it. alot of money to be taking risk. Dont GIFT

Exactly, never do GIFT!! Just calculate the 3.5% of your transaction, and add that on top of the payment to the seller. That way he still gets what he is asking and you are essentially paying the fees for him. If he does not agree to that, RUN the dude is trying to rip you off.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I believe Gifting the funds is the only way. You should NOT do that with these. It's like giving NikeVandal $100 for "info"....You see now he's telling people to open an unauthorized charge dispute with their credit card companies.

Yeezy money is too much money to be gifting bro.

Take the fees and protection.

Thanks for the replies. I am definitely NOT gifting several hundred dollars. The only problem is he is offering a few hundred dollar discount since ebay fees are high. Never bought from him before so I don't know how legit he is.

Say I buy them at his listing price, pay with money order, he marks as payment received and I get screwed. Does ebay protect me in this case or anything similar to this or only if I use paypal?

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

i wouldnt do it. alot of money to be taking risk. Dont GIFT

Exactly, never do GIFT!! Just calculate the 3.5% of your transaction, and add that on top of the payment to the seller. That way he still gets what he is asking and you are essentially paying the fees for him. If he does not agree to that, RUN the dude is trying to rip you off.
Smart, you call his bluff...if he complains on that you know he is FOS.  

Thanks for the replies. I am definitely NOT gifting several hundred dollars. The only problem is he is offering a few hundred dollar discount since ebay fees are high. Never bought from him before so I don't know how legit he is.

Say I buy them at his listing price, pay with money order, he marks as payment received and I get screwed. Does ebay protect me in this case or anything similar to this or only if I use paypal?

Paypal and paypal alone. Don't let your excitement get the best of you.

Tell him to avoid ebay all together if he wants.  Ask him to type you up an invoice over email, tell him to add the paypal fees to the total price, pay him for "GOODS" not gift.  If you get screwed, you can file a dispute within thirty days.  The seller has to provide a legitimate tracking number that the product defined in the invoice was shipped.  Even if paypal can not get the money from his account, you are protected through their protection policy.  Ebay and Paypal may be double protection i do not know ebays policy as well.  But most importantly, like others have said, you typically flush out scam artists by speaking business logic to them.  

...would you trade platinums for blacks if you weren't to fond of the plats?

or are the plats really that much better, i can't decide

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Just waited in line for 4 hours and got my yeezys..... Good thing.... Nope they aren't my size so I left with two pairs size 10... Kinda salty right now I know the store owner had a bigger size but oh well

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Paypal and paypal alone. Don't let your excitement get the best of you.
Yea dont be stupid, offer to pay fees and if he still says no, hes looking to scam.

The 3.5% would bring it right back up near his listing price, he is trying to knock out the fees and save me money in theory. That's the whole point of him asking to send it as a gift instead of buying it through his ebay listing, I'm trying to save a few hundred. Eh, might have to just bight the bullet and do it with buyer protection.

It sucks because he could be legit LOL

People have said it before but I'll say it again.  There's a reason that NT forbids gift payments in the buy/sell.  Use paypal and do it as a sale, just say that you'll add the 3.5% to whatever the buy price is and that way you're covered by paypal.  Gift payment is a HORRIBLE idea for anyone that you don't know.  If he rejects the 3.5% just start running the other way because he's definitely about to rip you off.

The 3.5% would bring it right back up near his listing price, he is trying to knock out the fees and save me money in theory. That's the whole point of him asking to send it as a gift instead of buying it through his ebay listing, I'm trying to save a few hundred. Eh, might have to just bight the bullet and do it with buyer protection.

Bro, lets say its 2k, thats 70 bucks.  Not worth a risk for 70 bucks.  If he is charging over 2k, it's a dumb deal to begin with

Originally Posted by telemitry

Tell him to avoid ebay all together if he wants.  Ask him to type you up an invoice over email, tell him to add the paypal fees to the total price, pay him for "GOODS" not gift.  If you get screwed, you can file a dispute within thirty days.  The seller has to provide a legitimate tracking number that the product defined in the invoice was shipped.  Even if paypal can not get the money from his account, you are protected through their protection policy.  Ebay and Paypal may be double protection i do not know ebays policy as well.  But most importantly, like others have said, you typically flush out scam artists by speaking business logic to them.  
This sounds smart. I'll tell him to end the auction and draw me up an invoice from scratch and set it as payment for goods(?). However, this may be a dumb question but how would I be protected by ebay if he does this? Wouldn't this be a purchase outside of ebay?

Originally Posted by daaznfella

...would you trade platinums for blacks if you weren't to fond of the plats?

or are the plats really that much better, i can't decide
I would trade the plats for the solars just because I can see myself wearing the solars a lot more.  It would still be tough for me to let go of them
laugh.gif

Solestar who do u bank with. If its chase go for it! I bought some foams and never got the kicks from a person i gifted. Chase had the money back in my account before i got off the phone. GO FOR IT if you bank with Chase.

Originally Posted by telemitry

This sounds smart. I'll tell him to end the auction and draw me up an invoice from scratch and set it as payment for goods(?). However, this may be a dumb question but how would I be protected by ebay if he does this? Wouldn't this be a purchase outside of ebay?
You would not be protected by Ebay, you would be protected by PayPal...thats the key.  As long as you have an invoice, send money as gift, and get the product within 30 days

I bought my MV through paypal gift, but he was a NT admin so i knew he was cool and if he ripped me off i be all over NT til the break of dawn (lame) until everyone knew he was a scammer but he wasn't because he was a NT admin. But yeah you do take a risk as a buyer though

Originally Posted by Kstrick12

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by BDUB313

Funny thing is you go to a pawn shop and try to sell yeezys they will pay less than the Msrp price lol don't pay up hard right now they will drop soon I'm still debating if if I should even keep or sell but proto J was right who cares about make in 800-1000$ profit off a limited shoe that you prolly would never own again, either the person don't like the shoe or they will spend that money they made on some BS. Money comes and goes, material things and memories about yeezys or anything else is for a lifetime.

laugh.gif
 okay boss...
That is why I said hypebeast Bdub, nothing personal but "memories about yeezys last a lifetime"....
ohwell.gif

and Kontraband heck of a come up! 

No I feel where ur coming from when I say memories though I mean how hard they were to grab, how easy to resell, how much hype was happening with em, say 10 years from now if u have kids and they get a little bit older, at least well have conversations on how crazy the shoe game came up in the 2009-2012 era and possibly still have the shoes collecting dust... These memories will never tarnish because it's hecteck! Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom