Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I am going to propose then. Paypal has had my back in the past with ebay purchases at least.

Also aren't ebay fees 9%? Or does that change as prices go up? The offer that I proposed was based on saving him 9% and he accepted, so it is not a savings of $70 but rather a few hundred-*$+. Thanks all for the replies it's been helpful.

Originally Posted by Sole5tar

This is what I am going to propose then. Paypal has had my back in the past with ebay purchases at least.

Also aren't ebay fees 9%? Or does that change as prices go up? The offer that I proposed was based on saving him 9% and he accepted, so it is not a savings of $70 but rather a few hundred-*$+. Thanks all for the replies it's been helpful.

It's 3.5%. Even if he types you up a little email invoice it means nothing if you GIFT him the money. Tell him he has an option to send a paypal "invoice" to you through his paypal home page. I've done this several times to get around ebay fees but still have both parties be protected by paypal. That is the whole point. You want to pay those paypal fees in order to have the protection you seek incase he turns out into a scammer. No matter what he does outside of paypal it won't fly unless the invoice goes through a paypal invoice. Once again, as soon as you select "personal-->gift" you are waiving all your rights to dispute anything. How helpful do you think paypal is going to be when you call and complain that when you were trying to avoid their fees you got scammed? Yea....prob not very helpful. (although I have heard of it before, but with this big of a purchase, just protect yourself)

Originally Posted by trinhovo

you think these will ever go down to 1k or less?

Personally no.  I think they will drop a bit as many here have said once more of the NDC pairs hit the market.  However, I think seeing these below 1k ever is wishful thinking.  It doesn't matter if we all think that's BS, or overpriced.  I just don't understand how these could possibly fall below 1k  when you analyze resale prices over every other half way hyped release so far in 2012.  Right this second, 1500 shipped is a good market price.  Next week that may be too high.  I have the Plats, I'd jump on 1k blacks this second...ain't happening unless some of your fellow NT'ers (like Proto found)  help you out.  Again, doesnt matter what our personal feelings on the price are...thats the market right now. 

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anyone have any luck with the Sivasdescalzo online raffle?
Nope. That was probably my last shot at another pair.
Also they said they would have size 12 in the blacks, but on the entry form pre order it only had up to 11 in black...

ive had a few people offer me pairs at "decent" prices but both wanted "gift" payments. I offered to pay the extra money for the fees, and i never heard back from them. Lots of scammers out there, dont be a victim

Originally Posted by telemitry

Originally Posted by trinhovo

you think these will ever go down to 1k or less?

Personally no.  I think they will drop a bit as many here have said once more of the NDC pairs hit the market.  However, I think seeing these below 1k ever is wishful thinking.  It doesn't matter if we all think that's BS, or overpriced.  I just don't understand how these could possibly fall below 1k  when you analyze resale prices over every other half way hyped release so far in 2012.  Right this second, 1500 shipped is a good market price.  Next week that may be too high.  I have the Plats, I'd jump on 1k blacks this second...ain't happening unless some of your fellow NT'ers (like Proto found)  help you out.  Again, doesnt matter what our personal feelings on the price are...thats the market right now. 

I agree with all your comments. The price for yeezys are obviously inflated but I'm hoping to score solars for around 1k which is a great price considering they went for $300 + 15% taxes in Canada. In order to achieve these prices though, I'd have to be really lucky haha but theres no rush for me. I'm going to be patient with the prices and in the end if I don't manage to get a pair no hard feelings lol its just on to the next.

The 3.5% would bring it right back up near his listing price, he is trying to knock out the fees and save me money in theory. That's the whole point of him asking to send it as a gift instead of buying it through his ebay listing, I'm trying to save a few hundred. Eh, might have to just bight the bullet and do it with buyer protection.

It sucks because he could be legit LOL

Tell him to make a private auction with your ebay user name as a buy it now for a $1 and free shipping
Buy that $1 auction and then send him the rest of the payment as a paypal purchase good or service.
That way both of you are protected and can leave feedback.

who is still buying these for $2000? and why didn't i find these people when i was selling mine?!? 
nerd.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by g2000

Originally Posted by VicRain24

WOW. You came allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up! Sheeessh 

Nice trade in terms of fairness. The South Beach 8 is probably the only pair out of the bunch that you can probably sell in less than a month for $950. The rest of the joints everyone in their moma has them. The DMP 11 was totally raped when the Concord came out, so those are no longer keeping it's stock high. You can find DS DMP packs now for $650-800 in just about every sneaker get together. The Space Jam is just a joke, everyone has that damn kick. Everytime I head to some meetup, I at least see 15 guys rocking that thing... 11's have no more soul. People have played it out. The south Beach elite 9 is ugly imo, and everyone has it, or at least in Texas they do. $400 tops. If you tried selling all these on your own, you are right around $2450! That's if you sold them away from Ebay & Paypal... less if you sold them on ebay of course. So all in all, who ever traded you, just saved himself time by just trading. It would taken him about 2 weeks or so to sell two of those kicks and a month to sell the other ones. Time = money. Is much easier to sell the Yeezy 2,  then to sell all those other pairs you got. That's how that guy saw it. Too many folks are cheap and so therefor it's hard to sell multiple kicks.

Who ever got the Black Y2 did his math. Sold small stocks for one big stock which is know to hold value even after it has been worn many times. But good for you!

Dude spent 266 bucks.. And got 5 pairs of sought after shoes.
None of your analysis is needed. Flawless victory by Kontraband.

2nbezye.jpg

In person these are ugly as @%#^ Zen 1s>These

Good thing I sold em already. Gonna cop me some used Net Yeezy 1s
pimp.gif

I hope they come out with a few more color ways later so i can trade them for a pair of platinums

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

2nbezye.jpg

pimp.gif

You're crazy! The Platinums are
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
in person. Then again, it's all personal taste. Platinum > Zen.

2nbezye.jpg

pimp.gif

While I don't agree with the ugly statement, the Y1 is a better shoe IMO.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anyone have any luck with the Sivasdescalzo online raffle?
Nope. That was probably my last shot at another pair.
Also they said they would have size 12 in the blacks, but on the entry form pre order it only had up to 11 in black...
I was holding out hope, but it's late into the evening there.  I have to assume they already contacted the winners.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

2nbezye.jpg

pimp.gif

All my friends told me the platinums are UGGGGLY in person only people that like them are the owners lol.

i'm probably one of the few that thinks the plat 2s>>every other nike yeezy made. the strap on the 1 is absolutely hideous - don't care if the materials are better. the only thing about the plats is that they look like they'll get dirty super quickly. 
edit - and i could have gotten a pair of every other release yeezy. 

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Need to ask for advice since I have never done this...Guy is offering me a nice discount to pay with paypal gifted, so he avoids ebay fees. I know I will not be protected with this option. What is another way of doing this so he doesn't get charged fees and I can be protected? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
i wouldnt do it. alot of money to be taking risk. Dont GIFT
This. Don't do it fam trust me you will get scammed no questions asked

Originally Posted by hadegbite

2nbezye.jpg

pimp.gif

All my friends told me the platinums are UGGGGLY in person only people that like them are the owners lol.

Well, I don't own them but I've seen them in person. They are beautiful. I'd rather have them then those overhyped up Miami Vice LeBron 9's.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

2nbezye.jpg

pimp.gif

As a owner of the Zens I had zero interest in the platinum 2s.  If I had a pair of black 1s I probably wouldn't had any interest in the black 2s....they really need at least one more colorway that isn't so close to the originals.  If there is going to be a Yeezy 3 I hope they switch things up as far as colors go.

damn those yeezy elite socks r very nice!! i underestimated them for sure. those prob resell for 200 rofl, cant wait to see people trying to flip those and shirts too lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom