*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

Is there power in having a lifetime contract with Nike compared to MJ/Jordan Brand as a subsidiary?

Is there power in having a lifetime contract with Nike compared to MJ/Jordan Brand as a subsidiary?
From my understanding with Jordan brand, MJ had full control of the company, nike had no say so, MJ made the decisions on everything, lebron doesn't get to control what happens with his products nike does

More so on the liberty of say a unexpected dilemma arises to where Nike might want to sever ties with LeBron, Nike wouldn't have the same flexibility to dismantle a company like Jordan Brand?

no cause lebron has a contract as an nike athlete, with signature clothes and shoes, now before 97 Micheal Jordan had the same thing, then brand Jordan which is a nike sub company was created.

Says LeBron wants to start his own company, could stipulations with Nike hurt that?

Does Kobe have a lifetime contract with Nike? Understandably he has China on his side, but Kobe as a brand or entity isn't LeBron worldwide.

If LeBron were to pull it off, would it hurt his long term legacy considering his name is entirely tied to the name of basketball in 2018?

From my understanding with Jordan brand, MJ had full control of the company, nike had no say so, MJ made the decisions on everything, lebron doesn't get to control what happens with his products nike does

I'm calling shenanigans on this.

JB is a fully owned subsidiary. Nike may have granted them the independence to move how they wanted but the idea that they couldn't swoop down from the rafters and go "Nah," isn't accurate. They own Jordan Brand.

I don't get why LeBron would sign a "lifetime" contract. (Has either party ever even confirmed this?)
The bag would have had to be GINORMOUS.

JB is a fully owned subsidiary. Nike may have granted them the independence to move how they wanted but the idea that they couldn't swoop down from the rafters and go "Nah," isn't accurate. They own Jordan Brand.

I don't get why LeBron would sign a "lifetime" contract. (Has either party ever even confirmed this?)

Yeah it was reported everywhere and deal was over $1B

I look forward on trying to grab the swingmans. those are dope! glad Nike stood away from the big swoosh on these shoes.
I wish they would have went with a smaller swoosh like on the MSU pair. but its all good

your comment makes no sense, brand Jordan is a sister company to nike under the same unbrella, brand Jordan runs it's own operations if nike had control to tell brand Jordan no, it wouldn't be brand Jordan it would all just be nike

Yeah it was reported everywhere and deal was over $1B
Which is the thing because seems like no one knows the year to year payouts.

To bring McGrady into the discussion, is he still receiving money as the TMac brand over at Adidas seems to be all but dead. LeBron is in a more fortunate position.

Would the LeBron name or brand fade over time and if so, would Nike let the terms of the contract play out? Simple answer is to just let life play itself out, but trying to see what's LeBron's motives past his NBA career.

I'm especially interested in the ones with the old L23 logo those might be crazy

I remember reading that the layout of the scales is made to resemble the AZG. I feel like that L23 logo pair will be blocked out like one of them. Maybe first games?

4D6512CA-C212-445F-BDB9-495D98177179.jpeg
Just got these... really nice in person!

your comment makes no sense, brand Jordan is a sister company to nike under the same unbrella, brand Jordan runs it's own operations if nike had control to tell brand Jordan no, it wouldn't be brand Jordan it would all just be nike

You literally do not understand what you're talking about, so I'm done with this conversation, lol.

"Brand Jordan is a sister company to Nike under the same umbrella..."
NIKE IS THE UMBRELLA, GENIUS.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Slam Kicks just talking s*** or is there any fire here?

Back
Top Bottom