🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

ECF50339-7AC3-43B8-8747-28D8D779E20B.jpeg

B9478004-DD4F-4456-83DD-EEEE005ECA91.jpeg

Just arrived. Nice playful design.

I remember the Rafa 21 t shirt coming out prematurely too so hopefully he gets to 23 🫶🏻

So while my pair of clay VP2 is in transit, I went to the nearest Tennis-Point store yesterday. Initially just to get my racquets restrung. But... I ended up buying this whole outfit... >D

tempImagen5NI1F.jpg

Here's a little review of the VP2 after 2.5 hours of play : They don't feel that much heavier on feet than the OG VP. The upper is softer and more flexible. It moves more naturally with your foot. They feel TTS lengthwise but they fit is roomier than the VP1. There is more padding inside so for me it's a step up in comfort but the tradeoff was containment. The lacing system didn't give me the lockdown I had from the previous VP, but once I tied the laces harder, it was ok. The air zoom unit in the forefoot is not game changing for me but I could feel a small amount of added cushioning. They still feel low to the ground. I played on a rough and abrasive hard court and I already tore the upper around the ankle collar. But that's juste the way a play. I run everywhere and slide a lot on defensive shots. The good news is the rubber reinforcement on the inside of the toe box.
It seems pretty durable. I used to make holes in the Vapor 9/9.5... I also tried the Vapor 11 in store. They look way better than the VP2 and were really confortable but I made a couple of runs and lateral movements and they felt too heavy and bulky for my taste. I had the feeling that they made me stand more on my heels than on my toes. Sorry for the long post. Feel free if you have any other questions ! Cheers :smile:

tempImagei9aVBv.jpg
tempImage9JV6Xn.jpg

Novaks shirts are up to $155!!! Yikes

Seriously…. Even Yonex shirts are getting up to $115. Crazy!
like who pays full price for any of that? Everyone is so conditioned to wait for massive markdowns then cop what they want. Why even start the price at $80 or above? All of it just sits, sometimes for years. TW is still sellin yonex shirts from AO 2022 at full price. Guess what! You can get any size you want!

So while my pair of clay VP2 is in transit, I went to the nearest Tennis-Point store yesterday. Initially just to get my racquets restrung. But... I ended up buying this whole outfit... >D

tempImagen5NI1F.jpg

Here's a little review of the VP2 after 2.5 hours of play : They don't feel that much heavier on feet than the OG VP. The upper is softer and more flexible. It moves more naturally with your foot. They feel TTS lengthwise but they fit is roomier than the VP1. There is more padding inside so for me it's a step up in comfort but the tradeoff was containment. The lacing system didn't give me the lockdown I had from the previous VP, but once I tied the laces harder, it was ok. The air zoom unit in the forefoot is not game changing for me but I could feel a small amount of added cushioning. They still feel low to the ground. I played on a rough and abrasive hard court and I already tore the upper around the ankle collar. But that's juste the way a play. I run everywhere and slide a lot on defensive shots. The good news is the rubber reinforcement on the inside of the toe box.
It seems pretty durable. I used to make holes in the Vapor 9/9.5... I also tried the Vapor 11 in store. They look way better than the VP2 and were really confortable but I made a couple of runs and lateral movements and they felt too heavy and bulky for my taste. I had the feeling that they made me stand more on my heels than on my toes. Sorry for the long post. Feel free if you have any other questions ! Cheers :smile:

tempImagei9aVBv.jpg
tempImage9JV6Xn.jpg
Have you tried the cages or zoom nxts? Any comparison notes? They look sick, just waiting for my local shop to get them in stock.

Have you tried the cages or zoom nxts? Any comparison notes? They look sick, just waiting for my local shop to get them in stock.

I've tried the cages a while ago. Also a really confortable shoe. I liked how the tongue wraps around the top of the foot and the lockdown you get but same thing as the Vapor 11 : too heavy and bulky for me. Again I like more minimalistic flexible and quick feeling shoes. Some people would rather have more support. I also own 2 pairs of Zoom NXTs but rarely play in them. I just can't seem to get the right fit. I went 1/2 size down and still need to tie the laces really tight to get enough lockdown. I don't have particularly narrow feet but I have to tie the laces so hard that my feet get sore after a while. So not the best for longer sessions.

Until Nike puts zoom in the heel I’m not copping anymore tennis shoes. Will play in a outdoor basketball shoe for tennis until then. In my opinion NXT is better then cages and vapor though (except looks).

I've tried the cages a while ago. Also a really confortable shoe. I liked how the tongue wraps around the top of the foot and the lockdown you get but same thing as the Vapor 11 : too heavy and bulky for me. Again I like more minimalistic flexible and quick feeling shoes. Some people would rather have more support. I also own 2 pairs of Zoom NXTs but rarely play in them. I just can't seem to get the right fit. I went 1/2 size down and still need to tie the laces really tight to get enough lockdown. I don't have particularly narrow feet but I have to tie the laces so hard that my feet get sore after a while. So not the best for longer sessions.
Yeah I own a pair of Zoom NXT, same issues with the lockdown, truly a horrendous shoe. An extra eyelet would solve 70% of whats wrong with that shoe to get an decent lockdown. I was a big fan of the Cage 3s owned 7 pairs, tried on the 4s, just never bit the bullet. Loving the colorway and look of the 2/11s just hoping they fit my feet!

Just played in my clay court vapor pro 2's tonight and can say not a big fan after first wear. Didn't feel like there was much cushioning (and I'm not even picky about it compared to most) and overall just felt kinda stiff without much performance. I'll wear a couple more times but not exactly sure I'll be rushing out to buy these iterations (however the clay sole being available in the US will likely *force* me to buy them as most EU options are cracking down on shipping to US as they should have been all along).

Really wish Nike would come out with more classic Challenge Court stuff.....that retro line is really good and last time they came out with anything from it was in 2020 (the retro 90'-91' line )

Also not a fan of the Vapor 11's or the NXT's as the cushioning isn't great. They need to put more Zoom Air, Air max or something in their tennis shoes. Really feels like you're running on pavement with just socks on.
Prefer ASICS as I feel their gel cushioning right now is better than Nike's cushioning.

Just played in my clay court vapor pro 2's tonight and can say not a big fan after first wear. Didn't feel like there was much cushioning (and I'm not even picky about it compared to most) and overall just felt kinda stiff without much performance. I'll wear a couple more times but not exactly sure I'll be rushing out to buy these iterations (however the clay sole being available in the US will likely *force* me to buy them as most EU options are cracking down on shipping to US as they should have been all along).

Really wish Nike would come out with more classic Challenge Court stuff.....that retro line is really good and last time they came out with anything from it was in 2020 (the retro 90'-91' line )

Also not a fan of the Vapor 11's or the NXT's as the cushioning isn't great. They need to put more Zoom Air, Air max or something in their tennis shoes. Really feels like you're running on pavement with just socks on.
Prefer ASICS as I feel their gel cushioning right now is better than Nike's cushioning.
💯💯💯💯I found the VP2 waaay too stiff. I’m done with new Nike shoes….I switched over to the ASICS speed for clay about two years ago and have loved them. Just gonna pick those up for hardcourts now. They’re as close to the vapor x as I feel like I can get. That said, the On Roger Pro‘s are the best hardcourt shoe I’ve ever played in. Too bad those are $200 bones and only released like twice a year….in an orthopedic at best colorway…smh

The coco cg 1 is a pretty good shoe for hardcourt as well. A little spendy but remind me a bit of the atc 3 I used in high school.

Back
Top Bottom