🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Anyone seen this shirt anywhere?  Can't seem to find anything like it.

Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+7+FG3izzpfnsGl.jpg

Roddick has been underwhelming at times.

smh.gif
I dont know on how he manages to rank 5th-10th in the ATP rankings. Beastin' in the small tournaments is the only thing I could think of.

he manages to go in the quarters or semis all the time, but he just cant ride that wave. I just hope he can pull it all together for just one grandslam title in the next 2 years.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Roddick has been underwhelming at times.

smh.gif
I dont know on how he manages to rank 5th-10th in the ATP rankings. Beastin' in the small tournaments is the only thing I could think of.

he manages to go in the quarters or semis all the time, but he just cant ride that wave. I just hope he can pull it all together for just one grandslam title in the next 2 years.

His play has improved along with his work ethic and attitude this year I think.  If any, I believe his best shot moving forward will be @ this year's or 2011 Wimbledon if either he or someone else can knock of Federer.  I think his game is well suited to grass, but unfortunately so is Roger's. As far as rankings go, there aren't a ton of guys anymore like Roddick, who can basically bank on round of 16 or quarters for nearly every tourney.  He doesnt win many, but he also doesnt lose early very often, thus his decent ranking.  If he doesn't have points to "defend" for winning titles which I believe is how the ATP rankings work, then he can afford to do what he does and maintain a fairly high ranking.   Either way, I am with you.  Would be nice to see him win a big one or two before he bows out.  Window is definitely shrinking.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Anyone seen this shirt anywhere?  Can't seem to find anything like it.
They have the neptune blue and dark obsidian colorways on NDC, but no green yet.  I expect a few more c/w's to drop in the next couple of months though as we head into the French.

<<< meant to post this pic in this thread- but decided to change avatar, so here is the French open shirt I was referencing earlier in the thread.  I thought it looked pretty cool.  Anyone with recent (last year or so) tennis shoe pickups, feel free to post pics if you get around to it.  Oh yeah, and SinnerP, I completely agree on the Edberg/Adidas shirts late 80s- super cool and super unique as well.  Nothing like that from Adidas in years.  Even Lendl's stuff, as much as I disliked his playing style- was unique and stood out some.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Oh yeah, and SinnerP, I completely agree on the Edberg/Adidas shirts late 80s- super cool and super unique as well.  Nothing like that from Adidas in years.  Even Lendl's stuff, as much as I disliked his playing style- was unique and stood out some.
Yes, I liked the 90's stuff... clean designs, and classically 'tennis', if you will.  
Adidas

1274474.jpg

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
!BlzyhVgBmk~%24(KGrHqQOKjYEtj+EChokBLdHfQyvdQ~~_12.JPG
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Mizuno

1236772.jpg

Nowadays, like I said, its really plain... team-tennis stuff.

I can live without the short-shorts though 
laugh.gif

1099c97a7eee806d0a0d7076b0d4bc4a-getty-93198357mh015_sony_ericsson.jpg

Originally Posted by gmac32

anyone know how these ballistec's fit? true to size or what
The Ballistec 1.3's ran ½-1 size big... Not sure about the 2.3's, but according to TW they're true-to-size.

Anyway, Rafa's current outfit...

8816b8b89579745460565690915689c2-getty-98037731jf038_atp_masters_s.jpg

I found the 1.3s were pretty close to true to size- maybe go down 1/2 size.  Certainly not up like some of the recent Kobes/Lebrons.  They are somewhat of an awkward fitting shoe due to the materials, but I think once broken in , they are fine.  I like the current 2.3s in that Neptune Blue better "on court' than I do in all the pics I have seen prior to SinnerP's post.  I would like a pair of these 2.3s at some point, but due to my infrequency of playing tennis, they are hardly a necessity right now.  My guess is outlets will begin seeing some of the early year colorways in the next few months, and I may wait to see what can be found at that time.

I got the blue 2.3's and I'd say they fit 1/4 size big. I like my tennis shoes small so I went with a 9 instead of my usual 9.5 Fit snug initially but they stretched out a little. They are probably the best performing tennis shoes I've had in a long time. Highly recommended.

Wish I had something productive to post. Just wanted to say it's always awesome to see a tennis thread, big ups to Sinner P.

I think this year I'm going to try to play in my ZT1. I've worn oscillates religiously for the last decade (geez...) and I'm down to my last pair. Should have re upped when they were on TW in my size last year (size 15, if any good NT'rs want to help out)

Size 15!? Damn!

Well, the Oscillates were a great and popular shoe... They just never worked for me though. I have flat feet and after playing an hour in them, big blister formed on my arch.

What kind of gear do you use?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

If I am not mistaken, Lunarlite incorporates Lunarfoam.  Perhaps like a second generation Lunarfoam.  A better take on the original?

I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that's it's Lunarfoam incased in Phylite.

Anyone?

I am currently using the 2k10 for tennis.
Really comfy and light shoe.
Best tennis shoe among the 2010 lineup.

With the tourney kicking off today...
Fed practising... 

Incidentally, those look like Vapor VI's in his current French Open colorway... it wouldn't be the first time its happened though.

2891553504da3dbf9129c3d6f70b99c6-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

And an exhibition match between 2 French DJ's...

Nice outfit... circa 1991 
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Though technically, the ATC III's are supposed to go with this outfit.

b78658ab92b2cad762abf33092e95871-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros-people.jpg
23dc0e50749369a4d703fa215d270f13-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros-people.jpg
42cc406545ef281873a282c4e11194b9-getty-correction-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros-people.jpg

Can someone answer the mosst important question concerning nike tennis line, what is Serena going to be wearing at the French open ?

i saw Venus today and she look terrible in that nightie looking outfit

With the French Open now over, I thought I'd give this an update.
Pics are from Nev1, Sixone, E36BMWM3 of TT... 
pimp.gif

And ProdirectTennis of course.

Wimbledon

6e3l9i.jpg

PDT302009558.jpg
PDT302009562.jpg
PDT302009569.jpg
PDT302009566.jpg
PDT302009567.jpg
PDT302009615.jpg

21juj9c.jpg

PDT302009621.jpg