🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Alcott! (Some good deals on big auction site if anyone looking for this one)
image.jpg

I've been extremely underwhelmed by the lack of RF gear from Uniqlo. Would love to see more casual wear items along with the on-court zip jackets made available. Especially the mint green/white combos he wore in spring of 2019! Just feels like they're really underutilizing the RF partnership. Maybe now that they have the 'RF" logo to use, we might see more items

Couldn't agree more re: the Oscillates. Shame you can't really get em any more. I wore out all my OG Oscillates. Only got the Safari Oscillates left :frown:
IMG_20210219_180937.jpg
What are OG oscillates worth these days? 305569 161 the oscillate clay white light graphite?

I was cleaning my basement today and found an absolute masterpiece.
Feds 2007 vapor that he wore once in IW.
BRAND NEW with tags, plastic never opened the box since 07.
I remember putting them in the basement until my my injury healed. They have been long forgotten

If anyone is interested in this magical find then feel free to pm me.

What are OG oscillates worth these days? 305569 161 the oscillate clay white light graphite?
I guess it really depends on what someone is willing to pay for them. Personally, i probably wouldn’t pay more than $150-170 for them. However, there are people trying to sell them for c. $400 on a well known auction site, which i think is way out of bounds.

Today, i think they’re a good social tennis shoe and still a really cool, clean model, but have been usurped in performance terms by the 9.5 vapor tours, the vapor X and knits and who knows, maybe even the NXTs (will let you know once i‘ve played in mine!)

I guess it really depends on what someone is willing to pay for them. Personally, i probably wouldn’t pay more than $150-170 for them. However, there are people trying to sell them for c. $400 on a well known auction site, which i think is way out of bounds.

Today, i think they’re a good social tennis shoe and still a really cool, clean model, but have been usurped in performance terms by the 9.5 vapor tours, the vapor X and knits and who knows, maybe even the NXTs (will let you know once i‘ve played in mine!)
Thnx for the info :smile: i have a pair in size 11.5 new without box and dont know what to do haha; wear it and try it or sell it and buy another pair of shoes (or maybe 2 pair haha).

I was cleaning my basement today and found an absolute masterpiece.
Feds 2007 vapor that he wore once in IW.
BRAND NEW with tags, plastic never opened the box since 07.
I remember putting them in the basement until my my injury healed. They have been long forgotten

If anyone is interested in this magical find then feel free to pm me.
Is there photographic evidence of this find? Would like to see.

So which of the older vapors are fairly easy to break in? I have a bunch of models from 2006 to 2011 (vapor 5 and 6, lunarlite ect) which i would love to wear but if they all require hours of wearing (like the vapor eight) i rather keep them fresh and crisp :lol:

Last edited:
I would love for just one of these shoe companies to have an elite player actually involved in the design of their new shoe. Nike should be embarrassed that their top dog (Nadal) has never worn the shoe he is supposed to wear. This NXT is a joke. The designer in that video has never played tennis in his life. He says that it'll let the player slide and then grip him as he pushes off? Yeah, it can be night and day at the same time too. Pro tennis players don't need help sliding on hard courts. Amateur players should never try it, they'll break their ankles. He said nothing looks heavy about this shoe... I totally disagree. It looks like a giant rubbery heavy turd. I hope Nike didn't spend a ton of money on this shoe, because it's not going to sell. What a shame.

I played in them tonight and they’re horrible. The plastic on the outsole was killing my pinky toe. I gave up so many points tonight because i couldnt run back in time and the shoes did not have proper comfort and lacing. The lacing on these shoes are horrible smfh. Going to stick to my beat up ASICS ff2 courts. Nike needs to get their **** together. I was surprised Osaka was doing well in them.

I played in them tonight and they’re horrible. The plastic on the outsole was killing my pinky toe. I gave up so many points tonight because i couldnt run back in time and the shoes did not have proper comfort and lacing. The lacing on these shoes are horrible smfh. Going to stick to my beat up ASICS ff2 courts. Nike needs to get their **** together. I was surprised Osaka was doing well in them.
Osaka doesn’t play in NXTs, she’s in GP Turbos

Sorry forgot. I had the GP turbos also. they got too cushiony and my foot was sliding inside after 10 matches. They stretched like crazy.
Oh wow, I was thinking of the Turbos after all the bad NXT sentiment. Does Nike make a good tennis shoe at all? Or am I staying in my Ascics? Was always a Nike tennis guy in my youth, but coming back to the game after a couple decades absence, seems like they have lost their edge 😢

Oh wow, I was thinking of the Turbos after all the bad NXT sentiment. Does Nike make a good tennis shoe at all? Or am I staying in my Ascics? Was always a Nike tennis guy in my youth, but coming back to the game after a couple decades absence, seems like they have lost their edge 😢
I’m going back to ASICS, ordered another ff court 2 since they tend to sell out fast. My all green pair has zero traction but they’re still stable and comfortable as hell. I’ll snap a pic of the soles later 😖😖

edit: pics of asics and the outer plastic on the NXT that’s been killing my pinky toe.

127F7247-A91A-42A8-B24B-936CFA713AF7.jpeg
AE334B17-6C53-48C5-A39F-01C6261D8890.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom