🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Honestly that wouldn’t work in regards to the volt top and darker shorts. The night session shorts are already all black with a hint of turquoise lava print and the Swoosh being volt. It would have to blend in order for it to work well.

Curious that Rafa actually wore the US Open day top with the rest of the night outfit (except for the socks, I believe).

I noticed during today's R2 match that Rafa's shoes had the red 12 fireball on them. Does it mean he is going to wear them through French Open, too?

1600279315823.png
Rafa is going against everything D_Leblanc18 D_Leblanc18 has been preaching. Wearing the white socks with black sneakers and mixing the volt top with dark shorts lol

Curious that Rafa actually wore the US Open day top with the rest of the night outfit (except for the socks, I believe).
I’m just stating the facts that it wouldn’t work well. Rafa can do whatever he wants, he’s the one who is wearing it to play after all lol

Rafa is going against everything D_Leblanc18 D_Leblanc18 has been preaching. Wearing the white socks with black sneakers and mixing the volt top with dark shorts lol
I mean I really like each piece individually. It might even work this way if the socks were black but seriously...black shoes, black(ish) shorts and white socks?!?!? Come on bro. The rafa US Open/make-shirt French Open kits are too good to mix and match that bad. So close...yet so far away. (Don't tell Rafa I dissed his outfit please.)

I’m just stating the facts that it wouldn’t work well. Rafa can do whatever he wants, he’s the one who is wearing it to play after all lol

It reminds me of US Open '18 day session shorts. Rafa wore all white while there were other shorts at retail stylistically matching the night session. Wristbands were a mess that year, too (wore White/(Black) for day session while Hyper crimson/(Black) were clearly prepared for that outfit).
I always wonder if Nike somehow messed up deliveries/recommendations. Otherwise, it just doesn't make much sense. You spent time designing/producing something just not to advertise it with your target model the way it was supposed to be?

Nike must have put a lot of money in this collaboration (and the resulting stock) to push it like that.

I am not particularly sold on black shoes for clay. They quickly get dirty and lost their shine. Besides, the original French Open shoes with the trophy bite seemed more fitting.

It just doesn’t look right to me. Now if the side of the shorts were volt, that could work cause it would blend in. As for the white socks, those have to go.. lol

Neither to me. I just pointed it out for irony.

The shirt also looked a little large on him (I wonder if that's intended)

Neither to me. I just pointed it out for irony.

The shirt also looked a little large on him (I wonder if that's intended)
It does and he wore the same at the exo in Atlanta. He’s usually a medium but I guess it’s a large or it could be a retail one. Lol

It would been cool if Nadal’s shirt was the same blue as the splatter paint and then blend in the bottom half with black.

YES! Black for the night session is overused/overrated!

The color reminds me of the Brave blue outfit Rafa was supposed to wear during WTF '13. Back then, the logos were also Volt. I need to compare it side-by-side to see if there is a difference in shade.

They make shoes for rg, but rafa will play with us open shoes. Funny. No sense
There isn’t a point on wearing any RG outfits. Most of them been on clearance since June. If you were part of the company, would you let your athlete promote a current item to get revenue or would you put them in a outfit from couple months before that’s on discount?

Back
Top Bottom