OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Just waiting on Uni Red and Olive release date info. Not one of these trainer releases have been appealing, even the retro of the wh/blk & blk/wh.

Should be Fall'18, no official date but possible July-Aug

my girls gna kill me for copping all three but its a risk I'm willing to take
tenor.gif

Sunset tint for today.

08EBC505-1E14-4955-8F36-AA6EC3C0BE75.jpeg

My daily wear

I ended up copping a 2nd pair because the B/Ws are just so damn wearable

Thinking of grabbing a pair of these, its crazy I dont own a blk/white shoe lol

Not sure what thread to ask this in but ive recently just started working out and i cant seem to find the right shoes lol. Like if im doing reverse lunges or whatever. Ive been using racers but i dont feel the stability i would want. in sock darts, my feet slide around. Havent tried the trainers yet though but would you guys say its the best to work out in?
On leg day you need to stick with something that has a flat solid rubber sole i.e. vans or chucks (there are others but this is the cheapest option). This will allow you to have a solid platform/base when pushing. Last thing you want is a shoe with a lot of cushion or height because it will be too squishy thus lacking stability. You won’t be able to tell the real difference until you start pushing heavy weight.

On leg day you need to stick with something that has a flat solid rubber sole i.e. vans or chucks (there are others but this is the cheapest option). This will allow you to have a solid platform/base when pushing. Last thing you want is a shoe with a lot of cushion or height because it will be too squishy thus lacking stability. You won’t be able to tell the real difference until you start pushing heavy weight.
These would be okay for squats right magic872? trainer that is

These are terrible for squatting, you would want a flat shoe with solid foundation (chucks/vans) or weightlifting shoes for lack of ankle mobility (dorsiflexion). The problems with the trainers are that the sole is unstable and the shoes itself offer little to no lateral/medial support. You can try barefoot (socks on) for deadlift/squats, which is what I do.

The purpose of a weightlifting shoe and a running shoe cancels each other out, which is also why hybrids like Metcons fall short. How can a shoe be both solid lifting platform and flexible running cushion. I'm not a big fan of Chucks either. If you're looking for a lifting shoe, get a lifting shoe. A weightlifting shoe is a lot more, than a raised heel. They offer a solid composite sole, a hard shell that protects you both from the dangers of heavy weights, but also braces your foot from all the internal pressure, when you push all that weight through your feet and into the floor.

These are terrible for squatting, you would want a flat shoe with solid foundation (chucks/vans) or weightlifting shoes for lack of ankle mobility (dorsiflexion). The problems with the trainers are that the sole is unstable and the shoes itself offer little to no lateral/medial support. You can try barefoot (socks on) for deadlift/squats, which is what I do.
Thank you sir appreciate the feedback

Wow! Just learned something new. Great info, magic872 magic872 :pimp:

Noob lifter here :lol:
This article does a great job of explaining the importance of choosing the right shoes.

https://squatuniversity.com/2016/05/06/are-you-wearing-the-right-shoes-for-squatting/

Jewelz I would stay away from trainers IF you plan on going heavy and really pushing yourself. Meaning 3 reps max. But if you’re just a casual lifter you will be fine with trainers.

Last edited:
if you need some weightlifting shoes and are not wide foot, i highly recommend Adidas adipowers, you can find them half off almost every month. $200 -> $100

As someone who squats regularly (2-3 times/week), I can say it really depends on your form/goals/ROM/anatomy, but you really can't go wrong with a pair of Vans for squats. I use Vault Sk8 His and Vault Slip Ons (less frequently) almost every squat/leg day, although I do have a pair of Flyknit Metcon DSX 1s that I actually just squatted in and can be good for lighter weight squats (under 275). Any heavy weight squats(315+) in Metcons result in an unsettling squishing feeling in the heel, which is awful for any type of heavy compound lift (you lose energy and stability in the cushioning)

Just take your shoes off when you're doing leg exercises. Problem solved.

I DL barefoot, except my gym has a stupid policy against it. When I asked why I couldn't conventional DL (inside shoulder width foot position) barefoot, I was told "you can drop weight on your feet" :rofl:

I still take my shoes off because I know most of the people who work there and they don't give a **** unless the manager is around.

I DL barefoot, except my gym has a stupid policy against it. When I asked why I couldn't conventional DL (inside shoulder width foot position) barefoot, I was told "you can drop weight on your feet" :rofl:

I still take my shoes off because I know most of the people who work there and they don't give a **** unless the manager is around.

With or without shoes your'e ****ed :ohwell:

I actually use the original Flyknit Frees on leg day, sometimes some of my Free Run 3.0s. Virtually no cushion on them, flat soles but more versatile if I want to get a run in.

The first Flyknit Free is truly a glove on my feet, just can get funky from sweat accumulation easily

The purpose of a weightlifting shoe and a running shoe cancels each other out, which is also why hybrids like Metcons fall short. How can a shoe be both solid lifting platform and flexible running cushion.
While I'm no fan of Vans or Chucks as a leg lifting shoe, the Metcons definitely have their place as a "jack of all trades". That's why they make an excellent crossfit shoe where you're not maxing out. I don't endorse crossfit, but I love my Metcon 3's for nearly everything in the gym, even light leg days and cardio.

Now, for heavy squats/deads, a dedicated lifting shoe would be ideal. If one can't afford separate shoes for different things in the gym, then like others said, shoeless is ideal.

Wow! Just learned something new. Great info, magic872 magic872 :pimp:

Noob lifter here :lol:
You can also do squats and deadlifts barefoot if anything. I sometimes wear running shoes to the gym because I do some cardio at the end of my workouts. Just toss your shoes to the side and go barefooted when doing those kinds of lifts if you want to use running shoes.

I actually use the original Flyknit Frees on leg day, sometimes some of my Free Run 3.0s. Virtually no cushion on them, flat soles but more versatile if I want to get a run in.

The first Flyknit Free is truly a glove on my feet, just can get funky from sweat accumulation easily

Same- I lift in my Flyknit Free NSW. They feel really good for squatting, deadlifting, etc.

Just snagged a pair of Hyper Jade Punches on ebay.

I've been looking for these for a while. I will update a recent collection pic once I get them . Soo hyped

Back
Top Bottom