OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
just got my blue glows from DF. extremely pleased with these. my first unpadded trainers and i think i may be on the hunt for more
mean.gif
what size are these ? ive been searching for long for these grails !!!! 

OH YEAH U DEF GOT URSELF A REP !!!!

Last edited:
im really thinking if i should pull trigger on those black/sail/volt racers on runing warehouse.  such a good price!

Pretty much impossible to find white trainers in a size 10.5-11 at this point huh ? Had 2 pairs one padded and unpadded and regret selling both ...

Pretty much impossible to find white trainers in a size 10.5-11 at this point huh ? Had 2 pairs one padded and unpadded and regret selling both ...

Based off what's happened in recent weeks, I'm very confident they'll pop up again very soon. Only thing is getting lucky and being around when it happens.

Took some final pics of my EG Trainers this morning. I'll post them when I get in to work.

NDC finally restocked the MC trainers in 12.5

Had to seize the moment and get another pair since my other pairs have been getting abused from running.  One thing I thought was odd is that there's a 1 per customer limit on the shoes.

Got the sail/volt/black racers from runningwarehouse for $100.72 SHIPPED. Free UPS 2-day air. Great deal thanks whoever posted. I will find you and rep you haha.

I was wonder if any of guys paid customs on ordering DF?
customs is really hit or miss. i've ordered two pairs at a time (obviously totaling more than $200) from a few international sites before but never got hit with customs, but there are some people who order just one pair of jordans and get hit with insane customs fees.  

if you do get hit with fees, it's not exactly 20%. i've come across people who've paid $10 for fees, upwards to god knows what amount.  take it with a grain of salt. when in doubt, just put in two separate orders.

Last edited:

customs is really hit or miss. i've ordered two pairs at a time (obviously totaling more than $200) from a few international sites before but never got hit with customs, but there are some people who order just one pair of jordans and get hit with insane customs fees.  

if you do get hit with fees, it's not exactly 20%. i've come across people who've paid $10 for fees, upwards to god knows what amount.  take it with a grain of salt. when in doubt, just put in two separate orders.
Thanks!

custom fees are based on declared value of the package. i think its easier if you use a non-fedex/ups shipping to slip through without getting hit.

custom fees are based on declared value of the package. i think its easier if you use a non-fedex/ups shipping to slip through without getting hit.
or so it seems.  tell that to a couple people i know that had to pay $40+ on one pair of jordans

Finally got the pics of the finished product of my Electric Green Trainers. (Click to enlarge.)

Before:

1st Coat:

2nd Coat:

3rd Coat:

Heat-Setting:

Finished Product:

Products used:
Angelus Black Acrylic Leather Paint
Golden Mediums GAC-900 (dilutes/makes the paint adhere to the fabric better)
Flat tipped paintbrush for the bulk of the tongue, fine-tipped paintbrush for around the tab and logo on the tongue.

Process:
1. Mixed half paint, half GAC 900 and applied a THIN coat to the tongue. I eyeballed the mixture, didn't use any measuring instruments. I thought since the GAC was white that it would sort of make the paint a grey-ish color but that wasn't the case.
2. Allowed each coat to dry for 60-90 minutes before applying the next one. It took 4 coats total to get the tongue a nice, dark black.
3. After letting the paint dry completely for around 48 hours, I heat-set it. What heat-setting does is heat up the paint so that it penetrates further into the fabric and sort of locks in the color. The actual process of heat-setting was really simple:
a. Turn on your iron to medium heat. For me, this was the "Silk" setting. I originally had it set to "Synthetic" but it barely heated up.
b. Pop out the tongue, put it paint-side down on the ironing board.
c. Put a layer of 2 paper towels in between the iron and the tongue.
d. Leave the iron on the tongue for 8 minutes. Every minute or so I lifted the iron off of the tongue for like 15 seconds to sort of cool it off and prevent it from burning.
e. Keep the tongue popped out until it's fully cooled.
4. That's it. Very simple from start to finish.

I'm VERY pleased with how they turned out. The entire process took me around 6-8 hours to complete, with most of the time just dedicated to waiting for the previous coat of paint to dry before applying the next. It was a really easy project. Prior to this I'd never painted anything in my life besides in elementary school :lol:.

I did get a bit of paint on the little tab on the left shoe, but it's not really noticeable. I tried removing it with acetone and rubbing alcohol with no luck. I was gonna paint the Swoosh black, but since there's little room for error on that part of the shoe and you can't remove the paint if you make a mistake I think I'm gonna hold off on that for now.

Only thing left to do now is wear em and see how the color holds up. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics/process. :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Last edited:
Damn... I knew they looked cleaner with that black tongue but your progression pics really highlight the difference.

Nice work and thanks for posting 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom