Official North Face Thread vol. winter b

halftime

formerly halftime
Been on the hunt for a North Face for these cold NY winters...

Figured I'd make a thread to discuss other winter jackets as well.

Anyone know where to find a non- Supreme TNF Mountain Shell? I'm not even sure if they make those...

some vintage TNF's:

Old pic when I just moved lol plz forgive the air mattress lol
Steep tech agent fleece

Trans Antarctic

Powder guide vest 2011

My dude, I doubt cats up in here are going to know about the Trans!

I'd love to see the Gore Gods and Cypha and them show up in here and shut it down.

My dude, I doubt cats up in here are going to know about the Trans!

I'd love to see the Gore Gods and Cypha and them show up in here and shut it down.

:lol:
I guess so. I just wanted to show heads other flavas of tnf.

Only got the Denali fleece and a light weight black nf jacket. Def gonna cop another one when it gets cold

north face moto apoge
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Low key would've appreciated this thread in general

But eff it.

Last edited:
About that time.

I'm simple though man. Been rocking HyVents since middle school in 02. Probably going to cop a new joint soon.

:pimp:

I love North Face I think I will stay loyal to the brand until I die or their quality becomes sub par.

So, you haven't copped since like '05 or '06? ...Because the quality on their technical gear has been a joke for years now.

I agree with BIP. TNF has been going downhill for awhile now. Even their denalis aren't the same quality as in the past. I've put my outdoor gear money on Mammut and Arcteryx or Arcteryx Leaf for multicam stuff the past several years.

North face summit series puts out

Heat. Da steep tech is now an entire

Division so they pump out MAD ****.

I want a new jacket to but I want some goretex type joint
'

Just cop an older joint of the bay. You can get Steeps and all that from the era of high quality pretty cheap, provided you aren't looking for a super rare color or something.

thread is appreciated. Ive been a TNF head since '99. Havent bought anything since 2008 because the quality is that solid.

My McMurdo Parka is the warmest coat ive ever had in my life. I wear a tshirt under the Mcmurdo here in NYC winters and im sweating in it.

For all my fellow NYC niketalkers, tent & trails on park place has a very nice selection both instore and online with fair-good prices. Heres their site
http://www.tenttrails.com/

I want a new jacket to but I want some goretex type joint

I want a goretex jacket too. Maybe i'll get the mountain light jacket or the heavier parka version. TNF has mostly been using that hyvent stuff for the last decade.

:pimp:

I love North Face I think I will stay loyal to the brand until I die or their quality becomes sub par.

So, you haven't copped since like '05 or '06? ...Because the quality on their technical gear has been a joke for years now.

I actually don't buy new jackets every year like that especially since I mostly work now, but from my bubble coat from the mid 90's to the fox fur hoodie coat after that was popular in NYC and all of the other stuff I have for them I'm more than satisfied.

I don't buy that much as some of you in here I can see you guys in here have legit or rare pieces I wouldn't know though I don't follow it as a sub culture like that so to say.

But, I've never had a problem with them I think they're quality is some of the best, but I also haven't really looked into the competition has to offer because I've been satisified.

:D

anyone know where I can find a north face down vest for $100 or less? My local spots dont have any in my size or price range.

Bip, aside from Trans-Antarctica and Steep tech stuff what are the best vintage North Face jackets to look out for? I'm liking the look of some of these National Ski Patrol jackets.

All I have to contribute to this thread at the moment is this '30 years of exploration' hat from 1998. Pretty cool hat with a Nylon exterior. It has a bit of military hat style fit to it which is interesting.

I'm mad I slept on all the hats on this website though:

http://www.vintagegearoutfitters.com/hats.html

A couple months ago pretty much all of them were available then they sold out fast all of a sudden. All they had left were the Green (laurel) coloured one and the green Shipton Spire one which I snagged. When they arrive to me in the UK I'll post my impressions up here of them. Vintage North Face hats seem really hard to find. Trawling ebay I rarely find any. Its a shame because the older ones look like they have a really nice fit to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom