Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Laying on the couch trying to be my chest cold my youngest get at the other under the blanket and chills out
My oldest sat next team and proceed to talk about sonic

Made me feel realy good even though my chest is congested .... Kids man

I have a personal phone and a work phone. I Changed the contact for my work phone to “Santa clause” told my 3 year old son that Santa knows when you’re being bad.

So remember when they launched the space x deal. Well I told my son it was Santa. And when he was being bad I went In the other room and called my phone and Santa appeared on the caller I.d.

He yelled that Santa was calling and I told him to answer. I went back In the other Room and had a conversation with him about behaving and I knew about the bad stuff he did.

My son was legit shook.

I have a personal phone and a work phone. I Changed the contact for my work phone to “Santa clause” told my 3 year old son that Santa knows when you’re being bad.

So remember when they launched the space x deal. Well I told my son it was Santa. And when he was being bad I went In the other room and called my phone and Santa appeared on the caller I.d.

He yelled that Santa was calling and I told him to answer. I went back In the other Room and had a conversation with him about behaving and I knew about the bad stuff he did.

My son was legit shook.

Hof dad stuff right there

Love when I get home from work and my son just looks at me coming in the door and does his smile/excited scream :lol:

He turned 1 end of November and I know I should enjoy these moments, but man I can't wait to take him to the movies/park, teach him about sports, build leggos, play video games etc.. :lol:

Love when I get home from work and my son just looks at me coming in the door and does his smile/excited scream :lol:

He turned 1 end of November and I know I should enjoy these moments, but man I can't wait to take him to the movies/park, teach him about sports, build leggos, play video games etc.. :lol:

That daddy home hug/hop combo makes the grind worth it

Enjoy that while it lasts lol my kid is 7 right now and sometimes I’ll walk in and 30 min later he’s like “oh dad you’re home?” When I literally walked right in front of him :lol:

It’s almost the same feeling as when you visit a family members house when you first have a kid and they say “where’s (insert kids name here)? They don’t even ask how you’re doing lol

Been meaning to tell y'all, not even 24hrs after talking about my daughter not peeing in the bed at night she wet the bed and the other poop'd on the floor not even 2 ft from the potty. Can't even brag about em smh

Son will be 12 next year and he's grown so much this lil winter break, told him he's almost big enough now. Life changes a lot when you're big enough. Wife asked me what did I mean by "big enough"? I just looked at her. Couple more inches and these disciplinary convos gonna get a lot more touchy feely

When I was trying to teach my son to poop In the toilet, there were Long sessions in the bathrooms. We’d read books. Watch shows on the phone. Etc. I think at one point I had him sit for two hours on the toilet while I sat there with him.

Anyways. We got past that point and told him every time he poops he would get a stamp. So he progressed from that.

Now when we tell him to poop like before we head out on the road. I tell him if he doesn’t poop, I’m finna get that vacuum and I’m gonna a vacuum it out. Ya feel me?

He’s three by the way. We tell him we’re gonna vacuum his toys and he goes and picks them all up.

^when my older one doesn't go to bed we tell her where going to get the T Rex from outside to come and get her or we're going to send her in the basement with the poisonous spiders that bite

is that wrong?

sometimes I'll have to put a dinosaur sounds youtube video on and cover my phone with the blankets to get her in her own bed

my have to do this in the morning cause she's awful about getting around for school

it's Jurassic Park at my house sometimes, a complete crap show

^when my older one doesn't go to bed we tell her where going to get the T Rex from outside to come and get her or we're going to send her in the basement with the poisonous spiders that bite

is that wrong?

sometimes I'll have to put a dinosaur sounds youtube video on and cover my phone with the blankets to get her in her own bed
:rofl: :rofl: that's messed up man.

when my son was about 1 1/2 he didn't want to go to sleep and kept talking in bed. i told him that the roaches could hear his voice when he talked and would come in the house and crawl on his face unless he was really quiet. til this day he's deathly afraid of roaches. if he sees one at preschool, he runs to tell the teacher :smh: i dunno man, i think most of us do stuff at the spur of the moment because we know it'll get the immediate result even though it's not the best thing for our kids. we're all human though and i know we love em.

kind of a long story but this is what's going on with my boy: on this last winter break, my son was coming to work with me everyday. basically i let him do whatever he wants and my co-workers all indulge him. the only thing is that he has to stay inside the office and can only do something outside if he's accompanied and they have to ask me first. so he got to watch movies on his ipad all day, eat all kinds of crappy snacks, nothing structured. i noticed that he developed a tic, like his whole body would do a slight spasm, his head would tilt forward - like if you saw something that surprised you. took him to the dr and he said it was not uncommon to get some kind of tic and his son developed a similar thing except like a blink but it went away after a few months. he referred us to the neurologist and said they would be calling me. we take a few days off and fly to the big island and i notice that the tic pretty much almost goes away completely so i'm like phew. we come back and he comes back to my job and it starts up again. i take off a few days from work. first day i let him play on his ipad and magic tracks all day and he still has the tic. the next day, no ipad and i take him to the aquarium and do other outside activities and it subsides significantly. come monday he goes back to school and he's barely doing it but tuesday (yesterday) the school calls and reports the tic (i didn't tell them). he's not doing it really bad but it's still there so i call the neurologist and the earliest they can see us is MAY! i'm like eff that and they give me an appointment in feb. the lady chuckled when i said he's had the tic for a few weeks, like it was not that big of a deal. i don't know if the lack of structure triggers it or if he feels pressure from the private school testing he's been going to. maybe overstimulation? anyway, it's been kinda tough to feel so helpless and worried. didn't realize that stuff comes along with being a parent.

When I was trying to teach my son to poop In the toilet, there were Long sessions in the bathrooms. We’d read books. Watch shows on the phone. Etc. I think at one point I had him sit for two hours on the toilet while I sat there with him.

Anyways. We got past that point and told him every time he poops he would get a stamp. So he progressed from that.

Now when we tell him to poop like before we head out on the road. I tell him if he doesn’t poop, I’m finna get that vacuum and I’m gonna a vacuum it out. Ya feel me?

He’s three by the way. We tell him we’re gonna vacuum his toys and he goes and picks them all up.

attempting to get my son to poop on the toilet...i took off work for about a week right before christmas and i had him pooping 2-3 times a day on the toilet..soon as i went back to work he stopped doing it...he doesn't poop himself he just holds it in...got skidmarks on every last one of his drawers...we do laundry once a day now...his legs get to shaking and i rush him to the toilet and just sits there and whines...he was on there for 3 hours 1 day over the weekend...trying to get him there before our daughter comes...wife is due feb. 2....wish me luck fellas...

we try to avoid long spells on the toilet but one thing that helped turning them around and letting them draw on the toilet seat lid. Use dry erase markers

^my third is due February 16 and my middle child just turned 2 yesterday

been talking about how we need to work on that stuff before the third comes but don't really think of it while at home...especially weekdays

me and my wife both work and after getting the kids from daycare, getting home, making and eating dinner, it's pretty much time to get them ready for bed and get ourselves ready for bed

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Once you get into a routine your day seems to have a few more hours. At least it does for me.

attempting to get my son to poop on the toilet...i took off work for about a week right before christmas and i had him pooping 2-3 times a day on the toilet..soon as i went back to work he stopped doing it...he doesn't poop himself he just holds it in...got skidmarks on every last one of his drawers...we do laundry once a day now...his legs get to shaking and i rush him to the toilet and just sits there and whines...he was on there for 3 hours 1 day over the weekend...trying to get him there before our daughter comes...wife is due feb. 2....wish me luck fellas...

Is his poop hard as a rock. You should give him some laxative powder. I do that to both my kids.

yo...

how many of your s/o's breastfeed on demand?
just curious. trying to google from a father's perspective and i'm not coming up with anything helpful.

venting moment:
it feels like **** when your baby wants their mother 99.99999% of the time and can only be soothed by suckling from her breast.
it feels like **** when the baby doesn't give a **** if you walk in or out of the room or not but has a completely different reaction all of the time with mom.
and like nobody really talks about this when you break down breastfeeding exclusively vs formula feeding vs doing both.

my son is so fussy almost all of the time he's not sleep, eating or with his mom. if i try to do the same stuff as she does minus breast feeding i look like a sucker as he cries uncontrollably until she gets back.

formula makes him projectile vomit.

anybody else been through being useless from birth to eating solid foods? just curious. we're supposed to have two but i'm good on that. one is good.

ha! can’t take that personal man. my wife breastfed our son until he was about 1.5 i think. he was a huge crybaby for his mama as a newborn but it got better when my son started day care at 3 months. she had to pump and we had a freezer full of milk and used those PITA dr browns bottles.

we're almost at 4 months.
his mom is all lovey dovey and preaching patience and **** like i got breasts and milk.
i hit her with a ***** please every time.

its easy to say i don't have patience when you can whip one of your breasts out at any given moment. i can't do **** unless we have bottles on deck and he cries like he has colic but he doesn't. its gotta be like the step below. ****, he's crying right now.

she then asks if i'm doing *insert anything anyone with a brain would do when their baby cries*
last time he cried with her i hit her with the well, didja didja didja breast feed?
she got mad.
foh.

its so frustrating! word life on god #jesuschrist

i'm tired of pretending or sugar coating. his temperament is wild to me. tell me it gets better when he can start eating solid food.

sorry, have to vent here. nobody offline understands where i'm coming from. they look at me like a monster when i say these thigns because babies are cute and because they're all women with breasts that formula fed their children or have no children or whatever.

i don't give a **** what anyone says, if your child cried and squirmed and all that all of the time with you that they are awake unless they are eating or ...well no, just unless they are eating then you'd be upset too. its not at all what i envisioned. i know it gets better but its pretty bad now. extremely aggravating and frustrating especially when his mom doesn't understand at all as she has a direct pacifier.
he's only cool awake when we are in bed together and his mom is there or he's being carried and i should have typed carried with an asterisk because it comes with certain conditions.

and he's the world's lightest sleeper right now too. most of the time she has to whip a nipple out for him to go to sleep. carrying him x n works but the moment i put him down its a wrap 99% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom