Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

For you guys with kids in sports or extra-curricular activities

What age did you start them? and what activities? I have seen lots of girls in gymnastics around my sons age (15 months) but i am looking for alternatives. (he's starting t-ball at 3)
My son took Tae Kwon Do for years when he was slightly older than your son. He loved it for a long time. Almost had his black belt before he stopped to play football (soccer). When we told his master our son wanted to stop, he was so disappointed because he was grooming our son to be on his show team... If you do martial arts, be sure to research which place you end up going to...

Edit - I know it's all the rage now with mma, but Brazilan Jiu Jitsu is popular. If you have a rough a tumble kid, he might really enjoy BJJ... At 3, it would be a good age to introduce him to that & if you live in Cali, you might find some really good/legit places for him to learn. I really like places that have character patches like it's featured in this Gracie vid. They're teaching kids to be well rounded people in addition to learning their Brazilian JJ...

@Fozzy Badfeet - Congrats on your baby. He's an adorable lil guy...

Last edited:
Hit a lil milestone at daycare yesterday.

11326.jpeg

Pretty proud but not looking forward to "have to go potty claims" 30x a day. She's 1.5 (18mo) idk if its early or right on time but she's been showing interest the last cpl weeks and finally actually did it yesterday

Hit a lil milestone at daycare yesterday.

11326.jpeg

Pretty proud but not looking forward to "have to go potty claims" 30x a day. She's 1.5 (18mo) idk if its early or right on time but she's been showing interest the last cpl weeks and finally actually did it yesterday

Started my daughter at 19 months and she was a quick learner and it definitely saved us money on diapers, we never even had to go the pull up route which was nice.

Started my daughter at 19 months and she was a quick learner and it definitely saved us money on diapers, we never even had to go the pull up route which was nice.

Nice. I jokingly told my wife back when we moved up to size 5 diapers that we arent going to 6. I was mostly serious though because the box had less n less but cost more.

Gonna go out this weekend and pick one up for the house.

my wife and i don’t parent based on how we think others will perceive my son, especially his grandparents lol. if he likes weird stuff and isn’t interested in sports or other “normal” activities we don’t give a crap. we want our son to be his own person and not be afraid to be a certain way because of what people might think.

Same here. Went from diapers to real draws. I didn't even know that they made boxer briefs that small!! :lol:

Ever since that post we have made a routine that mornings before getting dressed and before bed we ask her if she needs to go and shes running in there to go.

She usually sits there about 10 sec or so and tries to get up. So far we have been able to get her to stay a lil longer but nothing ever comes out. Hopefully just the routine of going helps.

This morning though as full as that diaper was im sure she didnt have anything left :stoneface:

My son turned 15 yesterday... So proud of this kid. We couldn't have wished for a better son. He's growing up to be a great person & a joy to be around (even if I don't like the new fangled rap he listens to. :lol:). I love hanging out with my family...

I remember his potty training period... We used to chant "pee pee on the potty, pee pee on the potty" or "poo poo on the potty, poo poo on the potty".

When we switched him from diapers to underwear, we'd get him up in the middle of the night & sit him on the toilet to pee. We had a stool in there so we'd sit in front of him & he'd be half awake hunched over on my wife or I & we'd have to coach him to pee so he wouldn't have an accident in his bed.

There is a development of a muscle reaction or something that needs to happen in adolescence that helps hold urine for a period. Once that hit, he was good.

we enrolled my 8 year old son into AYSO soccer, this past fall. Its his first organized sport team. We really like the coach he's actually teaching the kids fundamentals, unlike some other coaches that I've seen out there :lol: anyways they had 14 regular season games ended the regular season (13-1). They made the playoffs as the top seed. Ended up playing the team that beat them in the semifinal game. I probably was able to watch only 3-4 games in person because of my work schedule. Every game that I went to during the regular season he never scored a goal. I wondered if it was pressure to impress dad that made him not score. In the semi final game I got there there at half time. Score was tied 1-1. The second half my son goes off! Scores 1 goal. I was hype! Scores a second goal! Almost fell out of my lawn chair :lol: He hits a 3rd goal that was waived off because he was "offsides". Never seen the kid score in a real game until that night. He almost put up a hat trick :lol: His team ended up winning and going to the championship game the next day. They brought home the trophy, I couldn't be more proud of him and his team. He was a little bummed out that he didn't score in the final game. I told him if you didn't score those goals in the last game you guys wouldn't have made it to the final.

Do your in-laws or parents (the grandparents) take care of your kids? Sometimes? All the time? Not at all? My in-laws help out everyday. I feel like I can't tell them what to do because they aren't my parents. It's a weird situation that I never expected to deal with. Any thoughts or opinions on working with the in-laws as sitters?

for me whenever my in-laws babysit, if they do something me or my wife don't like, it's my wife that tells them.

vice versa when it comes to my parents. wifey and i have an understanding about that. that's overstepping i think.....

Out of left field but does anyone have any unused formula theyre not using they wanna sell/give me.
Since my wife is breast feeding and has to supplement WIC is being funny and wont let us have both food and formula. So we're trying to hold out woth the free samples we got til my wifes milk production goes up

Do your in-laws or parents (the grandparents) take care of your kids? Sometimes? All the time? Not at all? My in-laws help out everyday. I feel like I can't tell them what to do because they aren't my parents. It's a weird situation that I never expected to deal with. Any thoughts or opinions on working with the in-laws as sitters?
Don’t burn your bridges with in laws. They’ll be the ones that can bby sit on last min stuff.
They’ll treat your kids based on how you treat them. Sometimes you gotta suck it up and adhere to what mom/pops in law says. It’s all love @ days end and if it wasn’t for mom & dad in law, your bby mama would not be present.

My in laws nor parents watch my son. They just have ways I don’t agree with. Sure it may have worked on me and my husband but we won’t allow it for our son. We are pretty selective with who watches our son. So we rarely leave him with anyone.

Out of left field but does anyone have any unused formula theyre not using they wanna sell/give me.
Since my wife is breast feeding and has to supplement WIC is being funny and wont let us have both food and formula. So we're trying to hold out woth the free samples we got til my wifes milk production goes up

I have a can of unopened and unused earths best organic formula that dosent expire until 2020. Dm me the deets and I’ll put it in the mail tomorrow.

My in laws nor parents watch my son. They just have ways I don’t agree with. Sure it may have worked on me and my husband but we won’t allow it for our son. We are pretty selective with who watches our son. So we rarely leave him with anyone.
What is it with your elders that u don’t agree with?

we enrolled my 8 year old son into AYSO soccer, this past fall. Its his first organized sport team. We really like the coach he's actually teaching the kids fundamentals, unlike some other coaches that I've seen out there :lol: anyways they had 14 regular season games ended the regular season (13-1). They made the playoffs as the top seed. Ended up playing the team that beat them in the semifinal game. I probably was able to watch only 3-4 games in person because of my work schedule. Every game that I went to during the regular season he never scored a goal. I wondered if it was pressure to impress dad that made him not score. In the semi final game I got there there at half time. Score was tied 1-1. The second half my son goes off! Scores 1 goal. I was hype! Scores a second goal! Almost fell out of my lawn chair :lol: He hits a 3rd goal that was waived off because he was "offsides". Never seen the kid score in a real game until that night. He almost put up a hat trick :lol: His team ended up winning and going to the championship game the next day. They brought home the trophy, I couldn't be more proud of him and his team. He was a little bummed out that he didn't score in the final game. I told him if you didn't score those goals in the last game you guys wouldn't have made it to the final.
they call offsides on 8 year olds in AYSO? Thats messed up. Let them play, as long as they aren't cherry picking

Back
Top Bottom