Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

caught my daughter in a pretty big lie ... my daddy sense turned on and i'm partial to be blamed for this ...

she's responsible for her homework and on her iPad she has homework to read and answer 20 questions at the end and it gets logged to turn in the next day, so she would do it herself for months and the other day i was wondering why she would finish so fast ... then i asked to see her iPad and went to her homework app and saw that she hasn't been doing her questions, but she's been logging them in as if she was doing them.

i can understand if she didnt do a couple, but its pretty much the whole page of 20+ online books she did it for ... i decided to remain calm and not lose it cause man this girl gets everything ... so i just had a talk with her and deleted most of her apps (kids youtube / kids netflix) and told her once she finishes up on her reading / questions we'll see where I stand at that point.

big dad fail :smh:
Don’t trip bruh. You confronted and didn’t avoid. Hopefully she recognized your disappointment.

My baby is 7... surreal man. She has changed my every being. Been tryna spend more time with just her since her lil bro has been stealin all the attention. Hell be two in 2 months. Damn I'm old
Congrats fam. My baby girl turned 4 a few weeks back. No idea where the time goes man.

What up to all the dads showing up. My daughter is 3 and a half and she is amazing. She is the love and light of my life. I have a 4 year old stepdaughter. And now I’m finally getting my boy. My son is due June 26. Having a tough time trying to name him though. Girls are much easier I think.

:lol: that's something only a parent and school photographers can understand :lol:

Every school pic has been a fail. (He is only 21 months) The first photos he looks like he's saying "why am I here?" - no smile
The second tiem around he looks like he's literally saying "WTF?" and in another picture he is throwing the teddy bear prop at the photographer.

We went over "cheese" all last night and this morning...so we will see.

Any of yall had to do the classmate birthday gauntlet.
Got like 6 bday parties the next couple weekend

TBH, we hardly attend any classmate birthday parties. The exception would be my son's BEST friends that he hangs out with daily. If it's "just a classmate" who's inviting the whole class, nah. Thankfully my son's birthday falls in the summer and we don't feel obligated to invite his whole class.

and in another picture he is throwing the teddy bear prop at the photographer.
:rofl:
We went over "cheese" all last night and this morning.
:lol:

when my son was 1, he flipped out and refused to sit down and pose. they told him to pose however he wanted to then and they came up with this (no smile either).
189FA2A9-5BA8-4CC6-8001-2DAF331670DA.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t think of a middle name that flows with Hendrix. We were gonna name him after me but her and I are the most indecisive people in the world.

Being a full time parent is a job in itself (a lot more tiring than an actual job imo). I guess it would make sense if the numbers make sense (cost of a nanny vs what you’ll earn if you were at work). The next question would be if the time you’ll be spending with your child and watching them grow is worth that difference in cost
I swear staying at home with kids all day is harder than people think, but I don't think it is as hard as some people make it out to be. I personally think it is a widely overlooked middle ground in their. Some people let the kids just run the house and don't keep order or put them down for naps. I personally couldn't be a stay at home dad, the money wouldn't make sense versus saving and making. However I would have loved to try it by choice of course.
Any of yall had to do the classmate birthday gauntlet.
Got like 6 bday parties the next couple weekend

Domino pizza winning
MOFU... Last month I had 2 birthdays every weekend, wife and I were alternating taking the girls to them. Then my daughter's birthday was in their, I told her this is the last time we are doing this. Damn these classmates, I will get the girls some toys and call it a day. My time watching some other bad kids run around for a party is over. Also we aren't doing big birthdays for the girls, waste of money having to get each kid a goodie bag.

I was talking to another dad and I was like dude just take cake up to the daycare or school. He said you can't because of all the allergies..
giphy (14).gif

HOW DO SO MANY KIDS HAVE SO MANY ALLERGIES NOW. I get pissed just trying to fathom how my oldest is allergic to tree nuts, but not my second one.

I swear staying at home with kids all day is harder than people think, but I don't think it is as hard as some people make it out to be. I personally think it is a widely overlooked middle ground in their. Some people let the kids just run the house and don't keep order or put them down for naps. I personally couldn't be a stay at home dad, the money wouldn't make sense versus saving and making. However I would have loved to try it by choice of course.

For both my girls I got at least 3 months of paternity leave, and after each one I realized that it's not easy but it's also not that bad. Staying home all day, cleaning up after ourselves, and cooking each night def opened my eyes that being a single parent could easily be hell tho

caught my daughter in a pretty big lie ... my daddy sense turned on and i'm partial to be blamed for this ...

big dad fail :smh:
The joy of having daughters just raise our voice just a little and give them the look. We get so much more respect than our women do. LOL. Wife gets pissed the girls just break down when I say something versus her.
Baby girl due Easter Sunday 4/21 - still not here.

1st child, no expectations at all. Currently chilling in the hospital waiting right now. So many emotions.
Late? Interesting I thought the first one usually came early. Baby girl to comfortable up in their, need to coax her out. LOL.
Picture day is today....

***praying for a smile from this kid***
I believe ours is Monday, I alrady know my youngest won't be smiling. Damn cause of all my gray hair and only 3. The 4 year old will have a forced smile.
What up to all the dads showing up. My daughter is 3 and a half and she is amazing. She is the love and light of my life. I have a 4 year old stepdaughter. And now I’m finally getting my boy. My son is due June 26. Having a tough time trying to name him though. Girls are much easier I think.
On our drive back from spring break wife was like what do you think about another one. I played dumb another what spring break. She said maybe we can try for your son. I was like WHAT. I contemplated jumping out the truck into oncoming traffic. I was like do you not hear them in the back, hell no. Besides 5 doesn't break even when you ride rides.

Back
Top Bottom