Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

0A443E8B-6E7E-4AE5-A097-A48BC47DD540.jpeg
My guy loves books. Especially anything about cars or planes. Had to buy 4 books yesterday for a total of 60 bucks Barnes and noble on one with these prices. But I can’t knock his love for “reading”. Could barely get him out the store without him having to read one. He rode around the rest of the mall like this lol

0A443E8B-6E7E-4AE5-A097-A48BC47DD540.jpeg
My guy loves books. Especially anything about cars or planes. Had to buy 4 books yesterday for a total of 60 bucks Barnes and noble on one with these prices. But I can’t knock his love for “reading”. Could barely get him out the store without him having to read one. He rode around the rest of the mall like this lol

You need to go get a library card

welp, this is supposed to be my wife's last week of maternity leave. our daughter will grudgingly take a bottle from her but not from me and she's scheduled to start daycare in september but i'm supposed to watch her for all of august. now....my wife is probably gonna quit (she's the bread winner). we got a notice that the daycare tuition was gonna be raised to $2200/month so that didn't help. i told her we would make it work but it's gonna be challenging. we have our condo and my son's tuition along with all the other things from food to car insurance and everything in-between.

welp, this is supposed to be my wife's last week of maternity leave. our daughter will grudgingly take a bottle from her but not from me and she's scheduled to start daycare in september but i'm supposed to watch her for all of august. now....my wife is probably gonna quit (she's the bread winner). we got a notice that the daycare tuition was gonna be raised to $2200/month so that didn't help. i told her we would make it work but it's gonna be challenging. we have our condo and my son's tuition along with all the other things from food to car insurance and everything in-between.

Yea man thats rough. Do you have any family that is willing to help you out babysitting?

Yea man thats rough. Do you have any family that is willing to help you out babysitting?
we do but only on a limited basis. my wife is super picky about how the baby is cared for though and we'd rather not create a situation where we get mad at the fam. once the baby is over a year old, it'll be easier and maybe my m om can watch her.

wife is going back to work from maternity leave in end of august and im taking a couple of weeks off my paternity leave. Lol scared and excited at the same time having my son by myself. Thankfully i have immediate families that is willing to watch him daily if need be so we're saving some money on child care. Dude hates bottles and like plays with it, and ends up being soaked with milk. Tried different flows too and still not having it lol. Love the guy to death though.

For those in the 4-6 months age...how yall dealt with sleep regression? dude wakes up every 1.5 hour in the middle of the night! have to carry him put him to sleep, put him down, and wakes up again. Theres nights where he does 4-5 hours easy but it seems that only happens once or twice a week.

we do but only on a limited basis. my wife is super picky about how the baby is cared for though and we'd rather not create a situation where we get mad at the fam. once the baby is over a year old, it'll be easier and maybe my m om can watch her.
Ahh i got you. Yea luckily for us my wife is a head nurse for one of the day care company here and we get discounts and back up care if needed, but my MIL will be watching him daily if need be. 2200 / month adds up man.

For those in the 4-6 months age...how yall dealt with sleep regression? dude wakes up every 1.5 hour in the middle of the night! have to carry him put him to sleep, put him down, and wakes up again. Theres nights where he does 4-5 hours easy but it seems that only happens once or twice a week.

You have to figure out what might be contributing to him sleeping for 4-5 hours those nights
Maybe he needs a later nap during the day, or a smaller bottle during the day and a big one right before bed
Gotta figure out his rhythm

This is the time where communication about how y'all feel, plans, and expectations becomes really important. Make sure y'all are ready to listen to each other's frustrations without feeling attacked or offended. Y'all got all the tools to get through it

NT dad here. My baby just turned one in February, she's been thru a lot. Most babies with her condition won't even survive at birth. Made a YouTube vid with my wife about her condition. CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia).

Whoa....got teary eyed at work. I wasn't ready for that. Baby girl shouldn't have to go through all that :frown: She is a fighter!

My 4 month old woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and I felt so helpless. I can't imagine what you went through.

wife is going back to work from maternity leave in end of august and im taking a couple of weeks off my paternity leave. Lol scared and excited at the same time having my son by myself. Thankfully i have immediate families that is willing to watch him daily if need be so we're saving some money on child care. Dude hates bottles and like plays with it, and ends up being soaked with milk. Tried different flows too and still not having it lol. Love the guy to death though.

Have fun famb. Talk to them, make sure they recognize your face, voice and laugh. They’ll follow suit and copy everything u do including sleep.
Used to sing and play tunes with mines when wifey was gone. My 16 yr old loves Nate dogg hook tunes til this day lol

Baby #2 due in January. My son turns 3 end of November so the age difference will be decent. Hopefully finding out the gender next week. My wife is completely convinced it's a girl :lol:. My grandma wants a girl in the family too...she had 3 sons, then 3 grandsons, and now has 3 great grandsons :lol:

This is the time where communication about how y'all feel, plans, and expectations becomes really important. Make sure y'all are ready to listen to each other's frustrations without feeling attacked or offended. Y'all got all the tools to get through it
100% agreed. Communicating and discussing your current budget, you may be able to find some things you'd be able to cut out to save some money without having your wife quit her job. Communicating and ensuring you guys both are on the same page with your financial plan is important.

You'll find a way!

Grinding teeth in her sleep be sounding like she eating rocks, ish turn my stomach
Remember when they used to sleep in our room and she'd be grinding her teeth and I'd want to sit her outside like Dino on Flinstones

Back
Top Bottom