Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My firstborn daughter was born this morning after 41 weeks! Easy pregnancy from start to finish, baby came out easily in about 5 minutes. I left the room earlier this morning for breakfast and when I returned it was time. I had no trouble helping with the delivery or cutting the cord.
you got lucky w/ the short, easy birth

your wife active?

Is it rude/weird to give someone money as a gift for a newborn? Compared to like baby clothes, toys, etc. my friend just had his 4th so they have all that already (gave him clothes as a gift for the last one)

feels weird to me for some reason

Is it rude/weird to give someone money as a gift for a newborn? Compared to like baby clothes, toys, etc. my friend just had his 4th so they have all that already (gave him clothes as a gift for the last one)

feels weird to me for some reason
You give money for a present your a friend for life

So i have been going back and forth with my health insurance on some BS.

Long story: Got married in June...never put my wife on my health insurance. She works full time and has health insurance so we weren't pressed about it. Now she is pregnant and her insurance is not that great. Charging $80 a visit and extra for any more sonograms.

I call my insurance to put her on...i missed the 60 day window to put her on as my wife (marriage counts as a life changing event and would allow me to make changes to my insurance) but pregnancy isn't a qualifying life event...giving birth is....so the baby needs to be born then i can make changes to my health insurance.

So if this was the case...and my wife got pregnant in January and had to go full term on her terrible insurance we would be out of pocket a ton of money. Thankfully open season is Nov-Dec and i can add her for 2021. But what kind of BS is it that you can't add her for being pregnant. Like what if she was uninsured...who pays for the birth? I can cover everything after the baby is born...but my job and insurance won't let me make sure the baby is healthy leading into being born.

This also sounds like a strange religious issue...so the baby can't be covered until it is born...so when its born...it is alive? So anything prior to that doesn't count? It really makes no sense to me.

So i have been going back and forth with my health insurance on some BS.

Long story: Got married in June...never put my wife on my health insurance. She works full time and has health insurance so we weren't pressed about it. Now she is pregnant and her insurance is not that great. Charging $80 a visit and extra for any more sonograms.

I call my insurance to put her on...i missed the 60 day window to put her on as my wife (marriage counts as a life changing event and would allow me to make changes to my insurance) but pregnancy isn't a qualifying life event...giving birth is....so the baby needs to be born then i can make changes to my health insurance.

So if this was the case...and my wife got pregnant in January and had to go full term on her terrible insurance we would be out of pocket a ton of money. Thankfully open season is Nov-Dec and i can add her for 2021. But what kind of BS is it that you can't add her for being pregnant. Like what if she was uninsured...who pays for the birth? I can cover everything after the baby is born...but my job and insurance won't let me make sure the baby is healthy leading into being born.

This also sounds like a strange religious issue...so the baby can't be covered until it is born...so when its born...it is alive? So anything prior to that doesn't count? It really makes no sense to me.
Ya it's weird with something like that. Once our daughter was born she was on my insurance because it was a lot better. Pregnancy should be a QE for sure but they make these dumb rules.

1102exeb7ft51.jpg

if yall got girls, Mattell released hella diverse barbiers; black girl w vitiligo, dreadlocks ken, prosthetic leg black girl baby, wheelchair barbies, 6'6 basketball Rebecca Lobo barbie, pretty sure all these new Kens are gay. My oldest has a birthday coming up, got her a 12v ride on with 2 seats, baby baby got the bumper car from Amazon with the lights.

Love the diverse barbies. Picked up a unicorn rc bike for our daughter for chirstmas, this thing comes with a stable. The toys these kids have no just blows me away with how awesome they are.

Love the diverse barbies. Picked up a unicorn rc bike for our daughter for chirstmas, this thing comes with a stable. The toys these kids have no just blows me away with how awesome they are.

I know right, it's a legit damn bumper car. Those dudes who sell them in the mall were eating too, just there 5 minutes I probably saw 10 sells of the ride ons and his initial price offer was O.D. Of course, they just purchase a load of Alibaba for wholesale which is probably under 100 then hit for like $400

Back
Top Bottom