Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I feel you bruh…it’s definitely annoying and my wife is only 18 weeks. I’m so tired of hearing oh y’all shouldn’t buy xyz until the baby shower because people are going to get it for you. That may or may not be true…if it is true it’s not going to have the same safety features we would like it to have. We asked that people didn’t buy the big stuff(carseat,crib etc) as we wanted to get that ourselves. I’m tired of hearing the grandparents say oh we’re always going to have your child no you won’t he will be with his parents where he belongs. Of course we will need a break but this whole overnight visits that they are pushing for will not happen. I informed my mom that if it wasn’t for the grandparents we wouldn’t be having a baby shower as my wife and I are super low key. She had the audacity to say well I would’ve thrown y’all one regardless with or without y’all and just brought the gifts the nerve of these people:smh::smh::smh:. I’m glad we’re about 45 minutes away because they are already driving us crazy. I am really trying to understand their point of view as I know they are excited but the unsolicited advice isn’t welcomed at all
They’re probably just excited?
First grandkid?

Kids are annoying as hell. But you’re probably like me. I can’t stand to be away from my kids. My mother in law bought herself a car seat when I was pregnant. It came off rude but I told her she wouldn’t be needing that.

I’m with you though. Kids should be with their parents not grandparents all the time.

They’re probably just excited?
First grandkid?

Kids are annoying as hell. But you’re probably like me. I can’t stand to be away from my kids. My mother in law bought herself a car seat when I was pregnant. It came off rude but I told her she wouldn’t be needing that.

I’m with you though. Kids should be with their parents not grandparents all the time.

That’s what I chucked it up as general excitement and it’s there only one from us…not sure if our siblings will give them more…but that’s it from us…I definitely agree with the car seat thing

That’s what I chucked it up as general excitement and it’s there only one from us…not sure if our siblings will give them more…but that’s it from us…I definitely agree with the car seat thing
For me, the most annoying thing is trying to manage expectations for visitations for both our families. We try to go visit both our families atleast one day of the weekend with time split between both families. However the time is rarely evenly split. Sometimes we spend an hour or 2 longer with one family over the other and that will warrant complaints from the family getting the short end of the stick.

Than they insist on visiting us during the week, which I don’t mind, but it’s when the clock starts hitting 10pm and they’re still at my crib is when I start to get aggitated. Like fam, I love ya and all, but I gots work tomorrow and ya’ll disrupting my baby’s sleep schedule.

Wife is 20ish weeks pregnant. We are about 90 mins from her family and 12 hrs from mine. Did our first childcare visit and it was really nice. We’re like 11th on the waiting list so hoping we get accepted. Looking forward to securing childcare but not forking over a grand a month :sick:

And another one...

Snapchat-332823131.jpg

Also Levi will be 2 in 2 weeks.

Snapchat-1983719932.jpg

first time dad here how old was your kid when they began to walk on their own. my boy is 13 months and is able to pull himself up and take steps by holding on to things. But when I try to assist him to walk he just takes like 3 steps and sits down lol.

first time dad here how old was your kid when they began to walk on their own. my boy is 13 months and is able to pull himself up and take steps by holding on to things. But when I try to assist him to walk he just takes like 3 steps and sits down lol.
Perfectly fine, big dog. 🤙🔥 That's exactly where my son was at that age.

-foe

^took my kids to see Sonic 2 at the drive in last weekend

we just grabbed some peanut m&m's and puff'n corn

plus I took a beer 🤷‍♂️

we do movie night at home on friday or saturday. gonna be a tough choice this week because we have the bad guys or sonic 2. personally i’d rather watch none of them but my job is usually the curator of snacks and the bearer of pillows and blankets.

anyway, my baby girl just turned 3 today. she’s everything we didn’t know we needed. she really appreciates little things if she knows they’re done just for her. loves to snack. loves ghost spider. has big emotions and is usually daddy’s girl unless it’s the rare occasion that i tell her no.

BCBF46FA-CA46-44E4-900A-D6C21AF3CC5C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom