Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Yal…..

Idk where to begin. A shorty hit me some time talking about she preg and keeping it. I’m scared. I’m angry. Im not prepared.

Extremely life altering. Idk what to do

Yal…..

Idk where to begin. A shorty hit me some time talking about she preg and keeping it. I’m scared. I’m angry. Im not prepared.

Was it someone you had a relationship with or just hook up with? How old are you? Does she want to co parent with you?

Was it someone you had a relationship with or just hook up with? How old are you? Does she want to co parent with you?
We been cool friends. Hooked up and boom. I’m 34
If I were 24 it would be a lot worse.
She says it’s up to me how much I want to be involved. I’m in the angry stage still so I’m not going to respond until I am confident in what I’m going to say.

She says it’s up to me how much I want to be involved. I’m in the angry stage still so I’m not going to respond until I am confident in what I’m going to say.

As someone who never planned for a child and said I didn’t want any, and had a “uh oh” at roughly the same age (35 now, was 34 when my daughter was born) I’d highly recommend being as involved as you can. My situation was slightly different that it was someone I’d been in a relationship with for several years (we aren’t together anymore and have 50/50 custody) but being a parent/dad is by far the best thing that ever happened to me. I wish you the best with your decision and if you ever want to talk or vent or anything, feel free to DM me. Hope it works out for the best for you man.

Last edited:
^^^ I appreciate that.
I guess I’m afraid of how life will be different. It’s not all about me now. I don’t want friendships / relationships to be ruined. And lol chicks ain’t checking for a dude with a baby on the way… (joking cause that’s the last thing I should be worried about)

^^^ I appreciate that.
I guess I’m afraid of how life will be different. It’s not all about me now. I don’t want friendships / relationships to be ruined. And lol chicks ain’t checking for a dude with a baby on the way… (joking cause that’s the last thing I should be worried about)

If you’re able to be an amazing, caring, and present father, many quality women will find that to be a good trait and may not be as turned off from it as you think.

^^^ I appreciate that.
Chicks also not checking for a deadbeat.

angry at what? the fact that shes preggo in general or that she kept it from you?

Those edited dad videos are the worst :lol: I’m up at 5:30 but getting myself ready and then I wake up my daughter as I’m leaving for work to give my wife a little more sleep. I’m just trying to be quiet enough to not wake our 1 year old. My wife comes home from work around 3 am so any little extra sleep helps but I’m not doing all that in the video. Our house is organized chaos in the morning.

Yal…..

all the answers aint gonna come to you in 1 day homie. take your time to think things through, plan things out as best you can, and always try to come with the best intentions and everything will find a way to work its way out.

when i had my first one on the way, the anxiety was a lot as a first time father…but my advice to you is you won’t have all the answers right away. sometimes the answers to your questions come as you’re figuring things out…and thats okay.

for everything else, we here to help out as much as we can fam :pimp:

You have to try really hard to compartmentalize different emotions.

What you feel for shorty should not be what you feel for your seed.

How you feel about loosing your style should also not impact how you feel about your kid.

This is what most parents mean when they say It’s not all about me anymore. It’s not just o I have to save money this month so I can get baby gear.

It’s more like god dam this world dark as f with a bunch of problems from humans and government, but o look my baby is looking me in my eye let me go chill with him.

Compartmentalize all of life’s bs in different places, and save a space to be present for your seed.

the teachers at my daughter’s school have to upload pics to an app for the parents. they pretty much don’t make much of an effort to filter out the bad pics. i see kids crying, digging their nose, asleep at their desk etc. these two were from this past week. punchy kid posing like he wants to scrap and little girl chewing on her own feet 😂

IMG_0222.jpeg

!!!!

Forgot about this thread but my lil mans was born earlier this year! First baby and ive been over the moon. He HEAVY though i wasnt prepared for how much it would kill my back lmao. Been on pat leave since mid December and ima hate going back to work at the end of this month.

Being a dad is amazing so happy to be a part of #NTDads

Im a proud daddy of four. Typical household where i married my college sweetheart. As mentioned here, being a good dad is the best feeling. Yes, its not just you anymore but your life becomes more wholesome and meaningful. Embrace it and dont feel afraid or angry. Easier said than done but years from now, you will smile and look back. You shouldnt be angry. Youre 34 and made that decision to hook up and guessing not protected. Im not blaming, just stating.

!!!!

Forgot about this thread but my lil mans was born earlier this year! First baby and ive been over the moon. He HEAVY though i wasnt prepared for how much it would kill my back lmao. Been on pat leave since mid December and ima hate going back to work at the end of this month.

Being a dad is amazing so happy to be a part of #NTDads

I had HORRIBLE posture feeding my daughter the first week she was born. We bottle fed from
the get go. I remember that first week or two my back completely locking up while driving, never had that happen before and hasn’t happened since 😭

I remember thinking “how the heck am I gonna carry this child a year from now” when she felt like she was getting heavy last year, but I think I now understand where “dad strength” comes from. Carrying and picking up this kid repeatedly has definitely made up a bit for the time I’ve lost at the gym lol.

Homie chicks aint trippin on a dude with a kid

Now if you had 4 kids by 3 different women that may get you a few side eyes

But all in all 34-35 is a good age for your first child

I had HORRIBLE posture feeding my daughter the first week she was born. We bottle fed from
the get go. I remember that first week or two my back completely locking up while driving, never had that happen before and hasn’t happened since 😭

I remember thinking “how the heck am I gonna carry this child a year from now” when she felt like she was getting heavy last year, but I think I now understand where “dad strength” comes from. Carrying and picking up this kid repeatedly has definitely made up a bit for the time I’ve lost at the gym lol.
Same happened to me. As soon as my son was born, the nurses gave him to me to carry. Within 1 minute I was in complete pain. I had never felt that type of discomfort from my back before. However I started to improve my posture, and haven’t had that level of discomfort in a while.

Back
Top Bottom