Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Wife told me this morning that she's been dealing with depression again. This is tough.

7a4f0db0-6780-4d66-a3d7-f1456472cf62.jpg
Summa time tings

Took my daughter to her first real concert. Drove to Alabama to see Twenty-One PIlots.

I quote “this is the best night of my life, daddy!”

She came out of her shell last night.

I never seen a production like that ever! One of the best concerts I’ve been to.

58ECF7C6-1120-442B-968A-054EC0A01813.jpeg

F0EED312-FD61-4C30-9E88-339FDEE5A836.jpeg

FD50A04A-5BF3-413B-9912-347DFF8369E8.jpeg

7A8363D0-0977-4B78-BC7F-AB08C88E710D.jpeg

2B4A8326-514C-4CA2-A105-2070D2418CAB.jpeg
That’s so dope bro. She gonna remember that for the rest of her life.

NT dad here. My baby just turned one in February, she's been thru a lot. Most babies with her condition won't even survive at birth. Made a YouTube vid with my wife about her condition. CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia).

Love bro. Amazing stuff.

NT dad here. My baby just turned one in February, she's been thru a lot. Most babies with her condition won't even survive at birth. Made a YouTube vid with my wife about her condition. CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia).

Bruh
I got tears
I had to stop watching
Congrats man keep on keeping on
Raise those queens man
I know ur Proud as hell
I’m glad and happy for u

Bruh
I got tears
I had to stop watching
Congrats man keep on keeping on
Raise those queens man
I know ur Proud as hell
I’m glad and happy for u
Thanks fam. It was hard for me to watch the playback as well.
The beginning was hella rough, Im so happy she pulled through.
We still go through therapy, as far as eating and walking, but other than that, she's destroying the house lmaoooo.

My oldest goes to a day camp at our local YMCA Monday thru Thursdays

They do a field trip every week

Prior to it starting we had the choice of providing our own sunscreen for her to take a n or paying $3 for sunscreen for the whole summer...we went with the latter option

Today they went to a water sprinkler park

So, what would your reaction be if your kid came home like this?

C58839F8-6FE7-4A78-B1EC-89F4D2B4598C.jpeg
2FC4321A-6BB8-4F70-A03F-0DC169AF9A79.jpeg

And this is a red haired, fair skinned child

Asked her who put sunscreen on her and how many times they applied it...they were probably out about three hours

It was two teachers according to her and they only put it on her arms and face

My oldest goes to a day camp at our local YMCA Monday thru Thursdays

They do a field trip every week

Prior to it starting we had the choice of providing our own sunscreen for her to take a n or paying $3 for sunscreen for the whole summer...we went with the latter option

Today they went to a water sprinkler park

So, what would your reaction be if your kid came home like this?

C58839F8-6FE7-4A78-B1EC-89F4D2B4598C.jpeg
2FC4321A-6BB8-4F70-A03F-0DC169AF9A79.jpeg

And this is a red haired, fair skinned child

Asked her who put sunscreen on her and how many times they applied it...they were probably out about three hours

It was two teachers according to her and they only put it on her arms and face
I always get confused when asked former or latter.......

But on the other note I’d be heated
But being on the outside looking in
Use it as a learning experience
To teach ur daughter about making sure
She knows when and how to properly apply sun screen
Cause u can’t depend on nobody else to look out for ur lil ones but urself
Let the camp know hey they messed up
But just show ur daughter how to properly do it.
I’m happy she ok
Again I’d be heated
But I’m tryna give u a rational opinion

^dog, she just turned 6 years old eight days ago

The day camp is nothing new...they’ve been doing it for years and there’s a lot of kids in it

I can’t expect my daughter to get an area like her upper back covered well with sunscreen

Not to mention, her feet got burnt last Thursday on a field trip

BFCA8BDD-073D-49AE-9EA2-9FC824D47005.jpeg

^dog, she just turned 6 years old eight days ago

The day camp is nothing new...they’ve been doing it for years and there’s a lot of kids in it

I can’t expect my daughter to get an area like her upper back covered well with sunscreen

Not to mention, her feet got burnt last Thursday on a field trip

BFCA8BDD-073D-49AE-9EA2-9FC824D47005.jpeg
Bruh I’m on ur side
I agree
With everything ur saying
I was just tryna give an opinion that walks the line
And isn’t the cuss out the counselors type of thing
Cause I’m all for THAT
But was tryna give a different opinion

that’s a pretty nasty burn on the back. my wife would probably flip out and pull our kid from the camp and demand a refund. my wife a crazy mama bear like that.

my son is 6 and he goes to swimming in the afternoon. he puts his own sunscreen on but lil’ man has raccoon eyes and is getting super dark. he has lots of asian/pac island blood though so he hasn’t gotten burned.

^my wife talked about looking at taking her where she went to daycare since are two younger ones are there still...she just ordered a rash guard

Though, I’d still rather her be at the YMCA because it’s her school district

I’m not going to flip on anyone when I confront someone about it

When I drop off tomorrow I’m going to ask someone to tell me when, how often, and how thorough they apply sunscreen on the children and then show them the pictures and explain how they allowed that to happen

And possibly email the pictures to the director of the program and tell her I need to be assured it doesn’t happen again

I think that the rash guard is a great idea. Especially if you have a fair skin child that will easily burn. My kids school does water play Tues -Thurs and they ask us to bring them to school with sunscreen applied and didnt give us an option to purchase an "all summer sunscreen package" but allowed you to leave sunscreen for your child that is applied after lunch when they go out again. Might also want to get her a hat to wear if the kids are in the sun for that extended period of time. Hope your daughter is doing better and the camp realizes sunscreen only last about 45 mins to an hour when you are getting wet.

Talked to someone Friday and it wasn’t someone who had my daughter in her group

She started throwing the book at me...showed me the spf 50 they use, said they apply every half hour, said the dog 50 may not be strong enough

Even though my daughter has fair skin spf 50 is enough...we’ve even used spf 30 with no problems

I told her that clearly they didn’t apply it everywhere which is evident since her back is bright red and she was not burnt at all on her face

They asked if I had time, if I wanted to speak to the director but I had to get home and get ready for work...I told them I planned on emailing her anyways

The director called me just a few minutes after I left and said she was going to speak to the ppl in charge of my daughters age group and I told her she need to ensure it doesn’t happen again

Back
Top Bottom