Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

My middle child is having surgery on Tuesday to remove his tonsils and his adenoids. Apparently it’s the first or second most common surgery amongst kids. We did a sleep study and it showed that he woke up 6-12 an hour. Doctor told us a lot of kids with sleep apnea get misdiagnosed with ADHD.

My oldest is costing me $$$. He needs a hearing aid for his left ear. Luckily his right ear is fine. Hearing aid is $1600. I already know he is going to lose it at least once. He also has an extra tooth. Something that only 3% of the population get. That’s going to cost me $2k because insurance doesn’t cover anesthesia

0A443E8B-6E7E-4AE5-A097-A48BC47DD540.jpeg
My guy loves books. Especially anything about cars or planes. Had to buy 4 books yesterday for a total of 60 bucks Barnes and noble on one with these prices. But I can’t knock his love for “reading”. Could barely get him out the store without him having to read one. He rode around the rest of the mall like this lol

Lil Cornel West :pimp:

I appreciate all the love from the NT fambs. My babygirl is still holding up pretty well. Feeding is still a task though. She still has to use her feeding tube at night to get all the recommended calories she needs.

Here's the 2-4 parts of her journey from the hospital to home. Thanks for your support. Much love to all the fathers in here. :pimp:

my son is about 6.5 now and he's experiencing all kinds of anxiety and depressive symptoms. within the past 4 months, my cousin's husband suddenly passed, my dad passed, and my wife's grandfather passed. my son didn't have much contact with my cousin's husband but he loved talking to him about snakes and playing around when we had family parties. my son was very close with my dad though. definitely buddies. this past week he went to my dad's funeral and burial and his great granddad's funeral.

now he complains about all kinds of small discomforts like "sore stomach". we went to the park and he wouldn't leave my side and go on the playground. he facetimes me from his ipad throughout the day and tells me he misses me and wants to leave the video stream on while he plays at home so i can be "close" to him. my wife and i are sleeping in separate rooms while she takes care of the baby and he goes back and forth a bunch of times during the night to make sure we're ok. he talks about my dad's favorite things all the time like when we go to a restaurant he'll say something like i wish grandpa were still here and i'd order the mapo tofu for him. out of the blue he'll say "i miss grandpa" and cry for like a minute or two.

i'm wondering if just talking to us will help enough. i'm sure it'll subside in time and this is part of his grieving process but i'm wondering if i should even consider a therapist? tough to see my little man trying to take it all in.

my son is about 6.5 now and he's experiencing all kinds of anxiety and depressive symptoms. within the past 4 months, my cousin's husband suddenly passed, my dad passed, and my wife's grandfather passed. my son didn't have much contact with my cousin's husband but he loved talking to him about snakes and playing around when we had family parties. my son was very close with my dad though. definitely buddies. this past week he went to my dad's funeral and burial and his great granddad's funeral.

now he complains about all kinds of small discomforts like "sore stomach". we went to the park and he wouldn't leave my side and go on the playground. he facetimes me from his ipad throughout the day and tells me he misses me and wants to leave the video stream on while he plays at home so i can be "close" to him. my wife and i are sleeping in separate rooms while she takes care of the baby and he goes back and forth a bunch of times during the night to make sure we're ok. he talks about my dad's favorite things all the time like when we go to a restaurant he'll say something like i wish grandpa were still here and i'd order the mapo tofu for him. out of the blue he'll say "i miss grandpa" and cry for like a minute or two.

i'm wondering if just talking to us will help enough. i'm sure it'll subside in time and this is part of his grieving process but i'm wondering if i should even consider a therapist? tough to see my little man trying to take it all in.

Damn first time hearing of your losses, really sorry to hear. Must of been a hell of a ride these past few months, wishing you and your fam (esp your boy) nothing but the best. Stay strong braddah

Sorry for your losses fam
You should def take him to a therapist just to be safe, can't take any chances

Fatherhood....trials and tribulations, dope most appreciated thread on here rn. 11 months in with my daughter as an older 1st timer (initially by choice then issues came). Couldn't ask for a better child no probs all around. We good.

Those dealing with issues on here showing resiliency and doing what we are SUPPOSED to do I salute u dudes.

Attachments

• 20190617_092104.jpg
    20190617_092104.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your loved ones.
My mom's wife passed away about 8yrs ago and I think it still effects my daughter.
She loved going to her house and spending the weekend with her.
I'm going to speak with her about it and see if I can get her to open up.
Hopefully if she is still bothered by it she'll talk about it and get rid of any frustrations she may have.

I thought about you as soon as I saw it. That sucks they're changing the prices though...

yeah the shoe selection vs price isnt worth it. and They cater more to girls with all the bright colors. We are on the lowest plan at this point.

School JUST started last Thursday
My 13 year old already got math I don’t know how to do
Had to download the photo math app
And pay 9.99/month for the sub
Just to be able to check his work when he asks
I cheated my way through algebra in high school
Like literally
If someone said do a algebra question
Or ur dead
I’d tell my fam to just make sure they don’t blow all the insurance money
This gonna be a long school year for me :smh:

My middle child is having surgery on Tuesday to remove his tonsils and his adenoids. Apparently it’s the first or second most common surgery amongst kids. We did a sleep study and it showed that he woke up 6-12 an hour. Doctor told us a lot of kids with sleep apnea get misdiagnosed with ADHD.

My oldest is costing me $$$. He needs a hearing aid for his left ear. Luckily his right ear is fine. Hearing aid is $1600. I already know he is going to lose it at least once. He also has an extra tooth. Something that only 3% of the population get. That’s going to cost me $2k because insurance doesn’t cover anesthesia

I had that same surgery on my teeth when I was younger. Front two wouldn’t fall out, turns out I had 2 extra ones. They had to pull out my baby teeth, remove the extra 2, then pull down the regular ones. This was all so I could finally get braces :lol: .. between me and my bro my dad must have spent a lot on our teeth.. only for us to both lose our retainers and have the same tiny amount of crooked-ness in our front 2 teeth :smh:

I had that same surgery on my teeth when I was younger. Front two wouldn’t fall out, turns out I had 2 extra ones. They had to pull out my baby teeth, remove the extra 2, then pull down the regular ones. This was all so I could finally get braces :lol: .. between me and my bro my dad must have spent a lot on our teeth.. only for us to both lose our retainers and have the same tiny amount of crooked-ness in our front 2 teeth :smh:
I got a extra wisdom teeth
Still only got 2 removed
Have 3 left

^^ you can't order a sausage pizza and just pick it out?

that's what i do with my kids and they just suck it up and go with it...LOL

Back
Top Bottom