Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Played football in the snow with my sons today and we had a blast. Then forgot the worst part of having your kids in the snow...the soaked laundry room floor with wet clothes, jackets, and snow suits everywhere. The worst. But better then then days of dressing them in all that for them to be like “it’s to cold” and come back in within 5 minutes

If you can't tell I am not in the pull out business.

4 girls?? Man I had to laugh at myself... A healthy baby is all I can ask for. I look at it as an investment, at least one of these girls should look out for me down the line haha
Sometimes it’s fun to pull out for target practice
yup !! That is def what I typed out.
They look only a couple of years apart in that pic

anyone have any tips for treating bad eczema on my baby girl? we use cetaphil and some kinda special vaseline but it doesn’t work that well (i’m not sure if they would apply it at daycare). the only thing that works really well is soaking at the beach for two days in a row (the weekend) but we can’t always do that.

i think nawghtyhare nawghtyhare had his own special way of treating it but he’s banned now so i can’t ask him.

thanks man! i just asked my wife to order both of those from target. the closest one in stock is about 15 miles away but it’ll be worth the drive if it helps.

My lady is 10 weeks and we had the first ultrasound this past Tuesday, found out we’re having fraternal twins! I didn’t believe it at first until the technician showed us. Still shocked by everything, but super pumped!

thanks man! i just asked my wife to order both of those from target. the closest one in stock is about 15 miles away but it’ll be worth the drive if it helps.

Happy to help! I know how difficult it is to see your child suffering and not being able to do much about it, especially when they aren't vocal yet.

On a sidenote: I just found this thread yesterday but I plan to be very active in here. I have a 6 year old daughter. We've had our struggles with having a 2nd one unfortunately. About 2.5 years worth of heartbreak on that front so far.

Daughter had a bout of it (and/or baby acne) for about a month or so around the 3 months stage I think - Vanicream and Mustela helped.

Shoutout to the fathers out there. Wish i had the courage to share my daughters pics on here like ya.

trying to get the hair thing going for my daughter. She turning 4 and she has this wavy and very fine hair that i cant for the life of me style. Compounded with the fact she says it hurts every time we do her hair ( which is bs we are very gentle.).

Man, dont think that hurt stuff is ever going to change. My daughter is 6 and it's like the *** whooping of the century every time she needs to get her hair combed. She says it hurts so much, and while I try to be understanding of her feelings, she be faking the funk for the most part. Crying when nothing is even in her head or when her mom is just applying water/oil.

ended up spending over $70. i figured i’d buy two of each and threw in some dreft for good measure. not sure if that’s the same aveeno bath thingy but i’ll try it out 🤷🏻‍♂️
3D03C27F-C9EA-427D-8922-CCAB5FD0630F.jpeg

Attachments

• C83E4986-2224-49B3-AE05-B2AF01E2A1F0.jpeg
    C83E4986-2224-49B3-AE05-B2AF01E2A1F0.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 144
^ that is the correct Aveeno eczema stuff. We use the vanicream with the blue cap; not sure what's the difference between the two though. Hopefully it helps!

Glad I'm not here posting about my own yet, but what would be a good gift for a new dad? It doesn't have to directly be related to being a dad either. Looking to spend up to $100. Could also be multiple items for under that.

Glad I'm not here posting about my own yet, but what would be a good gift for a new dad? It doesn't have to directly be related to being a dad either. Looking to spend up to $100. Could also be multiple items for under that.
Bluetooth headphones, they come in clutch in a lot of different situations especially for a new dad.

If we were in non-covid circumstances, I would have recommended taking the new dad out for lunch or dinner/drinks. But I would also recommend simply asking him what he and the family needs. Diapers, wipes, or anything that will help his new family.

ended up spending over $70. i figured i’d buy two of each and threw in some dreft for good measure. not sure if that’s the same aveeno bath thingy but i’ll try it out 🤷🏻‍♂️
3D03C27F-C9EA-427D-8922-CCAB5FD0630F.jpeg

is dreft fragrance free? And have you gotten an allergy test for her? When I was stationed in Hawaii I broke out real bad (former eczema survivor also lol) and had to get an allergy test. In short I was just allergic to damn Hawaii lol but the list was too long. What did help was my laundry detergent (I used persill sensitive skin) kept my skin moisturized with cetaklenz and the soap equivalent. I use the same stuff on my son now and when he was a baby used mainly organic fabrics that didn’t have heavy dyes. Will probably do the same for the new kid since we have a history of eczema in our family.

yeah I’d ask straight up. He may just want to get out or need a break.

yeah I’d ask straight up. He may just want to get out or need a break.

Yeah tbh thats what I needed desperately lol

Even to this day, I don't have any siblings/pops so my mom is our only sitter, and even then, her watching em is few and far between. My girls family is in another state so we rarely get a night to ourselves lol

is dreft fragrance free? And have you gotten an allergy test for her? When I was stationed in Hawaii I broke out real bad (former eczema survivor also lol) and had to get an allergy test. In short I was just allergic to damn Hawaii lol
i think that one is fragrance-free. my wife was telling me that dreft is bunk lol. i'll look into the persil.

my daughter is allergic to dog fur/dander, dust mites, peanut, sesame seeds, egg whites, and dust mites. that's off the top of my head. we keep an epipen at home and at her school. crazy because my son was allergic to nothing and had zero eczema problems. the thing that seems to work best is long soaks in the sun and ocean. i give her that oatmeal bath and i had to ditch the vanicream because i think i got the wrong one and it seemed to make it worse. so we go to the beach when we can and i use cetaphil cream and put a sock on her foot because her ankle is the worst spot and she scratches that badly.

Monarchs. With 100$ you could get him two pair (all black and all white). Maybe even three pairs of you catch em on sale.

i think that one is fragrance-free. my wife was telling me that dreft is bunk lol. i'll look into the persil.

my daughter is allergic to dog fur/dander, dust mites, peanut, sesame seeds, egg whites, and dust mites. that's off the top of my head. we keep an epipen at home and at her school. crazy because my son was allergic to nothing and had zero eczema problems. the thing that seems to work best is long soaks in the sun and ocean. i give her that oatmeal bath and i had to ditch the vanicream because i think i got the wrong one and it seemed to make it worse. so we go to the beach when we can and i use cetaphil cream and put a sock on her foot because her ankle is the worst spot and she scratches that badly.

Urgh poor baby. I hate when they’re miserable. I hope a good regimen comes up.

how do y'all deal w/ academic problems?

my daughter is in 2nd grade and has had straight A's up until her last report card but her math grade which was the only non A was an 88

still good

but her reading tests as of late have not been good and she actually had a failing grade at 67

the tests have a small reading segment, multiple choice questions, and a 4 point writing section

I don't recall her ever getting a multiple choice question wrong but she is awful at the reading portion

she has lost iPod and TV privilege's

I've sat with her and went over each bad test and it just seems like it goes in one ear and out the other cause I have not seen any improvement...this week her teacher is going to ask the the questions for the writing portion and have her say the answer to see how that goes

Back
Top Bottom