Official NT Suggestion Box! Meth Do Us A Solid

As a community I think we should have some type of voice.

I know it's not really ran off a democratic like system but I just want you to really hear us out.

I think age should be posted under your avatar and location.

I would say race but I know how that would turn out.

I wish it was more transparency on who's saying what on here.

It's a lot of foolishness posted that would be better explained if age was up front.

Also think we should be able to view who reps certain post.

Add your 2 cents NT.

Niketalk retro is a cluttered piece of garbage....

someone needs to move all those "official____threads" to sneaker showcase and only allow NEW Threads Per Shoe Per release... they're act like "TAN air max 95, TAN air force one, TAN sb"

its infuriating, you can't find ANY new info...

da ****ing Rocafella air force I's thread dropped...but no one would know because no one makes a thread, and it gets swallowed up in those gigantic eyesores...

JB thread is da only place on NT i could find new releases in a organized manner, because people will make a new thread for each release.

i would personally volunteer to clean that place up for free.

*sigh*

Also think we should be able to view who reps certain post.

u got ur wish, nothing changed..cuz if someone liking someone offends them, now its in ur face :lol:

The official threads are my major gripe. Can't keep up or have enough time to shift through countless pages.

In the S&T forum it's tolerable but there's a thread that's 18k pages long. 18k pages. Where would one begin?

Niketalk retro is a cluttered piece of garbage....

someone needs to move all those "official____threads" to sneaker showcase and only allow NEW Threads Per Shoe Per release... they're act like "TAN air max 95, TAN air force one, TAN sb"

its infuriating, you can't find ANY new info...

da ****ing Rocafella air force I's thread dropped...but no one would know because no one makes a thread, and it gets swallowed up in those gigantic eyesores...

JB thread is da only place on NT i could find new releases in a organized manner, because people will make a new thread for each release.

i would personally volunteer to clean that place up for free.

*sigh*
If your concern is that nobody is making a separate thread for certain new releases, and you're volunteering to help... why not make the separate threads?

If people see value in an all encompassing "Air Max 95" thread they can bookmark and subscribe to for all releases in that model line, I don't see why we should have to shut that down simply because you would prefer to have separate threads. Create a separate thread then.

Nothing prevents it and many users, including staff members, take the initiative to do so. @babyjs23 comes to mind. If a new shoe has just been announced and there's no thread for it, make one.

Just make profanity allowed on this site. Young kids don’t even go on here anymore.
The profanity filter serves less to protect children than to protect us from childish behavior.

If your concern is that nobody is making a separate thread for certain new releases, and you're volunteering to help... why not make the separate threads?

because mods would lock em insisting "post in da official_____" thread

people only make new thread for new releases in da JB section...

those "official_________thread" obscures any sort of new info on da retro section, those official Threads would be better served in da showcase thread... whenever you read those thread, its people randomly posting pick ups, and inquiring about older releases...

da retro thread should put priority on new releases.

Jordan Brand thread, as bad as da current crop of kicks are, still make new Threads for new releases.

Last edited:
If people see value in an all encompassing "Air Max 95" thread they can bookmark and subscribe to for all releases in that model line, I don't see why we should have to shut that down simply because you would prefer to have separate threads. Create a separate thread then

im not suggesting you shut down da threads, what i am suggesting is you put em in da sneaker showcase section , so A. people can subscribe to em there without B. harming da new product threads from being made in da retro section...

there should be a Priority, on new releases in retro.

i shouldn't have to subscribe to a entire air force I thread with a zillion colors i dont care about just to know about 1 particular new pair i am looking for.

imagine having to sit thru every crappy Jumpman consolidated in one thread Just to be informed about 1 color, of one model...its brutal. :sick:

its gotten so bad there, when i go to stores to shop, im genuinely lost about most new releases that aren't Jordans or high profile collabs (that always get a thread)

The official threads are too deep.

Like if you made a rocafella af1 thread....you can.....but everyone would link you to the af1 thread.

The only way to do that is to lock the official af1 thread and start from scratch which I don't see happening.
Same thing with the dunk sb thread.....of course anyone coulda made a new thread for that pigeon dunk...but it would have been ignored and pushed back to oblivion.

But like the air force max....i can see that getting a separate thread for the upcoming cobalt cw...but again its not gonna happen. Because people are too deep into the threads

The newest and most popular releases are usually on the newest pages....thats the best you're gonna get for that from what I can tell.

The official threads are too deep.

Like if you made a rocafella af1 thread....you can.....but everyone would link you to the af1 thread.

bingo, mods lock new thread releases there and direct you to abyss of those official threads...ya want those threads? fine but put em in sneaker showcase...keep retro for just threads for new releases, da way JB is...(da entire NT used to operate better like this)

The newest and most popular releases are usually on the newest pages....thats the best you're gonna get for that.

that's a horrible way to look for news.

I never use our search function.
If I want to make a thread or search for something old I just Google "niketalk ______"

That works fine

that's a horrible way to look for news.

That's the way it is on every single website on line.
The newest news is on the latest pages.

How can it NOT be that way

no its not just you, its garbage...i usually use google to search NT threads unless i narrow my search to "thread title only"
Lol. Ok cool. Cause I recently got done watching Game of Thrones and decided to search for the thread and all it showed me were two random threads and a bunch of pictures :lol:

Eventually found it some other way, but it was hella annoying. I even put "Official Game of Thrones"

So the 2 main issues:

- Search function is nearly unusable now
- Are we saying goodbye forever to media gallery embedded in each thread?

That's the way it is on every single website on line

we're on a message board, you can't just splash new info at da very end of a long *** OLD thread and expect people to look for it... Horrible UI.

notice how JB has a new thread for every new Jordan and its all organized? that's da standard all other sections should strive for.

Back
Top Bottom