Official Nuggets Season Thread 07/08

Digging this up from the grave...

AI finally had his breakout game. He had one of those "Throwing rocks in the ocean" type of games, as he likes to call it. 14-20 from the fieldain't too shabby. I'll take those 8 assist, 3 rebound and 2 steals he threw into the package as well. I hope he goes on a scoring tear. He has theback-up he needs now.

Same for JR Smith. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the game (Re-Up?), but from what I heard his shot selection was great. 10-13 from the field, 4 Ast, 4 Reb.His one steal led to yet another beautiful reverse jam off an oop from AI.

This isn't the one from last night, but from the game in Washington:

laugh.gif
@ Melo lookin like an old lady tryin to read fine printwhen he saw that

And here's another AI-JR hookup from last year to show how JR can excite the crowd:

Now we'll see if JR can keep his head on straight. He is the X-Factor for this team. He can take us from being good to being elite is he just plays smartsolid basketball.

I think it's vital for AI,, JR, and Melo to gel this season. We can't trust the health of our front court. We'll just take 2 of our bigs being ableto suit up as an added blessing. I'm glad to see (OG) K-Mart is contributing, because frankly, even when he was healthy, he never quite fit the team. Henever really found that rhythm with Andre Miller that the rest of the team seemed to have. Hopefully things will be different this time around.

And what the hell kinda move did AI pull to get 3 defenders bunched up like this?
laugh.gif

fullj.getty-76075930by001_cleveland_cav.jpg

PS, I see the team is playing better, but there's still something I don't like about George Karl.
grin.gif

Karl, Nuggets seeing faith in J.R. becoming justified

By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 11/14/2007 12:58:34 AM MST

At its best, the relationship between Nuggets coach George Karl and guard J.R. Smith has been amicable, never great, and lately contentious. Smith's on- and off-court transgressions have left Karl seething more often than not.

But on the court, that is changing. Smith steadily is working his way back into Karl's good graces.

And the Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson are two of the myriad reasons. The all-stars have taken on Smith as an ongoing project, making sure he stays on an upwardly mobile path as the NBA season wears on.

"He's coming along," Anthony said. "Me and A.I. talked to him a little bit. It was nothing major. It seemed like he picked it up quick, took heed of what we had to say...

Good to hear. Full Article

Wherer are all my Nuggets fans at!!!

It seemed like there were a lot more of you last year... In case none of you have noticed we are playing some great ball right now..They've won 5str8.....What's more impressive is, since halftime of the Pacers game, the Nuggets have won every *quarter*. 14 straight...

I'm always here. Nuggs playing real solid as of late. I think that Boston beat down was a miracle in disguise for this team

I don't even know what to think...We're either blowing out teams, or getting blown out. Wtf?
sick.gif

Btw, does anyone besides me not like Bobby Jones and Anthony Carter?

Maybe my memory is off...but I could've sworn these clowns said they were going to win 60 GAMES???

They're going to get bounced out of the 1st round again...

at least until Melo and AI play some defense...especially Iverson....he gets steals but besides that his D is HORRIBLE....

Lets go Nuggets tonight against the Clippers. We've sucked lately. I'm going to this game and it's my birthday...and it's guys night out at thePepsi Center. All reasons for the W tonight.

When is Nene coming back? Because it looks as though the thumb surgery has given Nene a chance to get down to even slimmer than he was last year when he playedlike an allstar. Nuggets really have got a good strength coach though....He got Nene to drop 40 lbs last year (and keep it off all season) and now he has himback in shape again. Also Chucky Atkins is expected back in a week or two....

b474021109dee17bc0a09e1wh6.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Big game tomorrow against the Spurs..they'll be coming off their game tonight against the lakers....hopefully the lakers will take them into triple ot lol

Back
Top Bottom