Official Nuggets Season Thread 07/08

So as Ska said we talk about news related things in the season thread, and individual games in the game threadsss

lets get it crackkkkin lets go NUGS

Basically it all comes down to : Can this team coexist...we had only 1 loss in april and training camp and preseason definetely helped mesh this team.

Some notes:

What we gonna do about J.R Smith.. sure hes a great talent but we have lots of that already and he spells off court trouble on a team thats most likely gonna want none of it (A.I MELO will handle that)

Can iverson be a distributor..
whose gonna take the last shot
George Karl isnt exactly the greatest coach in player relationships so id like to see how that turns out .

and most of all KMARTTTTT IS BACKKKK

NUGS 08 BABY we gonna do that stephen smith projection melo projection status 60 wins :pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

I know it doesn't apply for this thread (yet), but... in an attempt to discourage people from mistaking these season/news threads from game threads, I'll be editing out game info from titles of season/news threads for a little while, until everyone is clear on the difference between season threads and game threads. Stuff like, "12/6 vs. LAL" (for example) only makes people wonder if this is the season-long thread or the game thread.

Additionally, we would PREFER people indicate something like "'07-'08 Season Thread" or "Nuggets News" in the titles, but that's not a demand or rule or anything.

The point is to just make it clear where the game discussion is and where the season-long discussion is, and not blur the line between the two in the process.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I'm excited to see our team play this well without either (true) point guard available. Wilks seems to be battling for a spot though.

A.I. after the dagger 3:
capt.60a468b9558a4ab6a65419a8da90e818.nuggets_timberwolves_basketball_mnak105.jpg
:pimp:
pimp.gif
for
THE ONLY ANSWER FOR MELO IS THE ONE PLAYING RIGHT BY HIS SIDE....
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Camby, Iverson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Smith​

My dude Tra still getting at AI.. :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

But for real, I agree with you. My man is the gift and the curse. (is that shocking coming from me?)....Anyway, this team would be so scary if they played some sound defense. They really need to put the effort it.

They're weaknesses are their half court offense. They are kind of sloppy when it comes to executing great passing and set plays. They're perimeter defense is still atrocious.

If they can offset the weak perimeter defense and execute better in the half court offense, then a ring won't be hard to get. They don't even have to be exceptional, they just need to put the effort in.

I love this team.
pimp.gif
"Right-Click my Avy and see why I go by Money Baggz-lol...its just a coincidence"

Quote:
My dude Tra still getting at AI..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

I dont want AI moved back to the two. If he stays at the 1 and JR can know his role at the 2 than they'll be so unstoppable on the offensive end. MELO FOR MVP!
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

pimp.gif
Team Pacific Northwest
TEAM WASHINGTON WIZARDS
ARENAS-STEVENSON-BUTLER-JAMISON-HAYWOOD
"MY SWAGGER WAS PHENOMENAL" -GILBERT ARENAS​

Well I might be a newbie to most people here regardless of 900 odd posts.

My dude A.I., what can i say? I've followed him since inception into the NBA. My favorite player all-time. I'll admit, its tough to see his scoring depreciate, or rather the fact that he isn't THE only man of the team. I know this might sound like a giant reach, but if A.I. can find his shot, he could be in for a career year, MVP. Yea yea Melo will score, but since A.I. is running the ball up, the assists will be there. He's guaranteed 4-5 assists to Melo. I hope he'll average 28 and 11, and lets not forget the steals too.

I'm selfish, but I want A.I. to win, so I want the rest of the team to win as a result.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real

Where's the rest of Team Denver Nuggets? We need to get this thread going :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith
Denver Nuggets​

Should be a Win today against the Hornets.

It sucks that I live in NJ though.

Can't see the games.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

What the hell is going on? I'm in Iraq, so seeing the games is pretty difficult. What seems to be the problem? We had collapse vs NY, now we're down by 39 AT THE HALF to Boston. Are we just not trying?
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

1. Little to No Effort when they get behind

2. Nene's bonehead plays

3. AI and Melo can't buy buckets

4. Klieza is a not hitting anything

5. No Defense
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Camby, Diawara, Iverson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Smith​

I think we need to inherit a coach who actually cares. Adrian Dantley has the respect of the players. Larry Brown knows how to use Iverson.
Jeff Bzdelic got the Nuggets to the playoffs, and lost 4-1 two years straight. He got axed. Why does Karl get an exception? I know I'm ranting due to our poor start, but damn... I don't know which is more ridiculous, the team saying they can win 60 or Karl saying they can win 55.
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Seriously, in terms of the Nuggets, what has George Karl accomplished that Jeff Bzdelic hasn't?​

Season after season we have the same problems. I don't know what the front office is doing. We still don't have any shooters. We still have injuries and the players with the injuries are overpaid.

Damn. When I think of some of the cheap role players (or big names) we could have purchased with nenes 65M or Martins 80M it pisses me off and as time goes on nobody is going to want either of these players at these prices.

Every time I see nene its like watching a baby take its first steps in hard bottom shoes. I just think he going to get injured every time he moves. I was so upset when he played in the brazil games, then damn near got injured while doing it.

Many of the players on this team don't play well in a half court setup. When we can't run we lose 20-30 points per game. That's just not going to work.
Denver Nuggets 2008 NBA Champions​
Carmelo Anthony* Allen Iverson* JR Smith* Marcus Camby* Linas Kleiza* Nene* Steve Blake*
MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
BALTIMORE​

gregbutler20:
Every time I see nene its like watching a baby take its first steps in hard bottom shoes. I just think he going to get injured every time he moves. I was so upset when he played in the brazil games, then damn near got injured while doing it.

man remember in 05-06 he was paid for the first 3 minutes of the season
smh.gif

Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

I'll be at the game tomorrow night against the Wizards. Hopefully we can turn it around.
TEAM EAGLES
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
Jeff Bzdelic got the Nuggets to the playoffs, and lost 4-1 two years straight. He got axed. Why does Karl get an exception? I know I'm ranting due to our poor start, but damn
TEAM FREE KINGCRUX
East Bay Bay​

If Kenyon can get back to the days when it didn't matter who was under the basket he was gonna dunk on you and have that same intensity and stop worrying about his knee i think they got a good chance at winning a ring

Quote:
man remember in 05-06 he was paid for the first 3 minutes of the season
Denver Nuggets 2008 NBA Champions
Carmelo Anthony* Allen Iverson* JR Smith* Marcus Camby* Linas Kleiza* Nene* Steve Blake*
MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
BALTIMORE​

What happened to the other season thread?

Anyway, Nuggets vs. Wizards tomorrow. The Wiz are struggling, we need to capitalize and keep them winless.
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
Facebook
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
PROUDLY LOGGING ON TO NT SINCE 2001​

Back
Top Bottom