OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Do you think Mitchell has reached his ceiling?
no but he doesn’t really strike me as someone with the drive to get to the next level either

insider rumblings kinda make him out to be a diva and i see it too

he’s mostly been the same exact player since his rookie year (which is very good to be fair)

i still think he can be a number one option on a team but is a player that would need significantly more talent around them than other stars to be title contenders

Last edited:

Not my words nor have I done more to fact check but I got a bad feeling about Mitch

Brother Raw talked about Mo months ago. Idek but I know son is from here & has his own song.

i don’t blame him. He’s been clamoring for a bigger role for a while, and Thibs won’t loosen the reins. Knicks might have also made it clear that they’re not going to give him the money he wants.

I like Mitch and I wish he would of have stayed. He improved from defensively and was able to cut down pn fouls and stay on the court. With that said, his offensive game has not improved much and he seems to just get injure all the time.

If dude a jump shot or something outside the paint a team would be willing to give him a contract.

Anyway, I hope he finds success elsewhere and wish him nothing but success.

the writing was on the wall with mitch all season

as soon as it was reported he turned down the 4yr/48m deal i knew it was a wrap

a solid player that’ll most definitely look better should he land on a team with a premier pg but no sense in overpaying for him given the makeup of this team currently

the money he’s looking for doesn’t equate to what he’s given us in the slightest

I like Mitch and I wish he would of have stayed. He improved from defensively and was able to cut down pn fouls and stay on the court. With that said, his offensive game has not improved much and he seems to just get injure all the time.

If dude a jump shot or something outside the paint a team would be willing to give him a contract.

Anyway, I hope he finds success elsewhere and wish him nothing but success.

That’s the thing when I watch the Celtics and look at say Robert Williams, he’s just a more complete player than Mitch. You can’t tell me that it’s a total product of the system. At the end of the day you need to prove that you can make a jumper consistently or a post move. You are a professional, you have to take the responsibility on your own shoulders. Robert has shown that while Mitch still limits himself and even when he gets the ball in those situations he would pass it off or take some shots weird post shot.

Mitch is still a work in progress, but you’re still losing an absolute steal of a draft pick if he walks for nothing. Can’t have that. Cuz this ain’t Frank.

Speaking of unlike Frank, Deuce gonna snatch that starting spot by szn’s end, if not sooner. He’s durable, unlike Frank. At least as shown in the short sample size.

And he will get his fair chance. QB. Only knows how to play ☝️ way. Game needs to slow down. Kid needs the big club minutes. GLeague MVP if he stayed enough to qualify.

The only thing he’s waiting on is the big club minutes so the game can slow down. Same like Obi.

All works in progress. This would actually save Thibb’s job embracing the yout movement with Deuce starting.

If I was Thibs, with how hot his seat got by szn end, I’m starting that neophyte from opening day. RJ 21. Cam 22/23 I believe.

You will get away with losses in the name of experience. I wouldn’t be surprised at the amount of success neither with the right cast of vets giving them the keys to the game.

All jokes aside no idea why we aren’t pulling the trigger. The Lakers will take Julius man. They’ll get him off our hands. Plus the 1st rounder.

just throwing ideas out there but what do you think of this... S&T brunson for randle and S&T Mitch for ayton... we could throw some players in there to make the contracts work

Don’t mind Brunson if they snag a real #1 option hitting his prime now to come along with him.

Ayton ain’t him.

And gimme Sochan at 11 all day after reviewing the late lotto some more. This kid has it all physically. The only question is whether or not he a dawg like Deuce, Grimes & co.

The defense they could run with him is exciting. If Scottie B is the prototype then he’s next in the same mold. Rebounding prowess to be determined but looks to play with passion. Energy guy.

I saw the measurements on Mark Williams from Duke. Honestly if we are going to lose Mitch he would be a long term upgrade more than likely. He has a 9’9 standing reach and is super fluid. He will be limited offensively but not as much as Mitch I feel. But that is if there are no guards available when we are at 11.

Exactly. And he’s just only 21.

Brunson is good but imo not necessary. Adding him to this roster as is doesn’t make them contenders so I don’t see the point in giving him the bag.

Talked about Williams few months ago. Yea, there’s hella possible replacements out there, but these Knicks will have wasted 4 yrs developing their guy if they go with another rookie big.

Watch Mitch go to another team & expand his game. Its impossible to really calculate that loss right now.

Exactly. And he’s just only 21.

Brunson is good but imo not necessary. Adding him to this roster as is doesn’t make them contenders so I don’t see the point in giving him the bag.

Talked about Williams few months ago. Yea, there’s hella possible replacements out there, but these Knicks will have wasted 4 yrs developing their guy if they go with another rookie big.

Watch Mitch go to another team & expand his game. Its impossible to really calculate that loss right now.

I don’t see Mitch expanding his game. It’s too hard when you can’t stay on the floor plus when you aren’t fluid. And he has those 2 issues.

Back
Top Bottom