Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

It feels weird seeing the franchise having some sort of direction.
We didn’t overpay anybody so far IMO. Randles contract he earned, Fournier will bounce back, all solid pick ups.

Add Kemba and we are stacked.

Even if last year was Randle's ceiling, he put up 24/10/6 which for a PF is top tier. Obviously the playoffs were a major letdown but I'm excited to see his development with Fournier and Kemba who are very good offensive players as opposed to Reggie and Elfrid who were VERY limited with the exception of the occasional Reggie hot 3 point shooting game

E8AEWu9XEAE3bCG

What are you saying bro? Dame is showtime and where he at??? Beal, big time ... where he at??

You need a solid team from startera to bench ...

I agree with you, 100%

We have a nice solid roster for sure, but I don't think you get over the hump without a box office star. Randle aint it.

We've have great looking rosters on paper many times before.

NYK already won the KP trade. It allowed them to get Randle who now costs cheaper than KP, won MIP, more consistent, less injury prone, and not a drama queen. It also gave them Grimes and another 1st rd pick in the future.
Nah I am going to wait to see if Grimes is good because if he is I am going to talk too much trash to Mav fans. I don’t want to get ahead of myself when I am about to start ****. I need to be as accurate as possible when I am rubbing salt in their wounds.

That’s the point, them getting that work.

At this point, Randle just needs to work on fine tuning his game. I'm not expecting him to shoot over 40% from 3 again or put up the same averages, just play smarter and work on the body language. They didn't have to break the bank for him so everything is running smoothly.

I agree with you, 100%

We have a nice solid roster for sure, but I don't think you get over the hump without a box office star. Randle aint it.

We've have great looking rosters on paper many times before.
What hump is that? I mean there are no stars out there for the taking bigger than ...

Freak
KD
Kyrie
Harden
Embid
Dame
Etc
Etc

Obviously 1 superstar will cost a lot of money and we would be unable to sign solid role players like we did.

So either we get a star and gut the team and just do the dame **** we are doing now or have a solid team .. build our rookies and hopefully they become our core future allstars that will be able to compete.

I meam Warriors formula ....

We still won't win ****. But if y'all happy with 40-50 wins--cool.

Like I said, on paper--we have a solid team. Let's see if Fournier plays well. Lets see if Kemba plays well. Let's see if our young guys improve. Let's see if Randle takes the next step.

Until that stuff actually manifests on the court, I'm apprehensive.

What are the alternatives?

There are literally about 4 or 5 legit superstars in the league and only 3 of them have won championships in the last 10 years

*****ing and moaning about us not having a superstar is not an indictment to the organization

97% of the league doesn't have 1 superstar on the team

Only thing you can do is have a strong front office with complimentary pieces to entice a superstar to come here in free agency or be able to trade for one

The belly aching is tired

We’ll be fun to watch and that’s all I’m asking for. Seeing how much better the you bucks get with legit PGs running both units.

Are we supposed to sit on cap space & win 19 games until a star says they want to play here? No one's coming here in that scenario.

We're taking steps. It's a big deal that Randle turned down the opportunity for more money next summer to commit his prime years to this organization. It's a big deal that Kemba Walker is taking $8M/year to come here. It's a big deal that we're finally becoming a normal team making normal, calculated moves.

Are we supposed to sit on cap space & win 19 games until a star says they want to play here? No one's coming here in that scenario.

We're taking steps. It's a big deal that Randle turned down the opportunity for more money next summer to commit his prime years to this organization. It's a big deal that Kemba Walker is taking $8M/year to come here. It's a big deal that we're finally becoming a normal team making normal, calculated moves.
I mean come on look where we we're as an organization a couple years ago

Do folks really not see the massive improvement in such a short time period?

People think this Kemba thing happened in one day?

It's rumored he gave up 16 million to come HERE

You think he does that two years ago?

One thing not to take for granted with the Randle signing is how it looks to free agents. A guy signs as a free agent, has his best career season in year 2, is young, takes you to your first playoffs in forever, and publicly states many times that he loves NYC and playing for the Knicks. You let him walk bc you expect him to take less than other guys make and nobody even thinks twice about playing for the Knicks. We already have a hard enough time doing that. At least this shows guys in the league that we reward loyalty and dedication to the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom