Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Unless we are in love with a player in the lottery, I think we should stand pat. Historically that 19th pick is better than whats available in that 7-10 range.

Unless we are in love with a player in the lottery, I think we should stand pat. Historically that 19th pick is better than whats available in that 7-10 range.
this a crazy draft year though. You got them cats that skipped college to go straight to the G league that were 5 star recruits, then you got the college kids that balled out.

this a crazy draft year though. You got them cats that skipped college to go straight to the G league that were 5 star recruits, then you got the college kids that balled out.
How deep do we think this draft is and are we more likely to find a star by trading up or because of this crazy year can we get a star caliber player with our current position, due to injury concern, character concerns etc.? I haven't followed enough League to know how good some of those guys are.

Thibbs doesn't play rookies, from what I remember, to what I've seen this year. As much as he's changed into a "players coach", he's still very much entrenched in his antiquated ways.

IDK if placing most of our focus in the draft would be the most effective course of action which will yield high/immediate impact. We really should try to swing for the fences and go after Dame and/or Mitchell.

Give up some of the young guys, give up our picks. Do what you have to do. Look at BK. They overachieved 3-4 years ago, got a disgruntled superstar and ended up getting another impressionable superstar to follow him. Who says we cannot do that as well?

I’m not worried about Thibs. He won’t be here if we’re actually a contender 2-3 years down the line.

Screenshot_20210607-163924_Chrome.jpg

Miss McNutt just called it the THJ trade too. She might’ve quoted Sr.

-Suggests Noel look to Portland for the bag if Dame holds still. They need his presence more than anyone tbh. And a not so sawft coach. Attitude reflect leadership & them boys are rudderless.

-Obi needs more minutes. Maybe try him at 3. U gotta find the minutes. Could also be part of a trade package.

-Bring everyone back except Payton of course. Well, Elf is a true backup. Doubtful he stays if the Knicks sign a FA like Lowry to start. Nuff “point guards” with Derrick Quickley & whoever else. What’s Starbury up to these days? Still winning ‘chips in China?

-Frank will have to be s&t ultimately. Can’t let him walk for nothing but he’s being wasted on the bench. Portland could use him too, but they traded away the young asset I wanted from them in Gary Trent. Might check out their roster in a bit. Plenty teams could be interested. SA always has good player development. He might thrive in a smaller market.

The Portland situation is interesting though. Looks like they got something in Simons. They could go full rebuild if things shake the wrong way.

I don’t have faith in Thibbs being patient. They scheming right now. Just got embarrassed by Trae Young & Nate McMillan. He could get desperate.

Last edited:
Yeah temporarily upset with his playoff showing but he earned it, we weren't expecting to be no 4 seed at the start of this.

Congrats to Thibs. Came a long way with not much. Def. glad to hear he got recognized for it.

The Long Island Nets really bout to bring the first basketball chip to the city in 50 years

This is what hell is like

Back
Top Bottom