Official Oklahoma City Thunder Offseason Thread

Don't know how active this thread will be nor how active this off season will be but I'll try to keep this post updated

b6aa6b76608b0e1dc87b7509641ee372-getty-98242271dv019_losangeles.jpg

eaf0b7cba6965928bfbc1087eb24283d-getty-98242271ng281_lakers_thunder.jpg

Kristic has a player option which he'll most likely exercise so the Thunder have approximately $10-13million cap space if the salary cap is around $55mil [educated guess]

Great season by OKC.. discuss anything offseason related here
pimp.gif

I don't think they'll land a big time free agent... they like their core.

They definitely need an inside presence offensively and defensively. . . Ibaka will get better but needs some time. We'll see if they can obtain one and how.

I'm interested to see how OKC will look in the 2010-2011 season. There has been many a young and upcoming team who had a great season when there were no expectations on them...only to fail the following season because of new found expectations.

Nothing to hang your head about, young blood.. I can't lie, I doubted Durant out of college. I thought he was too skinny, and that he wouldnt transition to being an all around star in the NBA, but boy howdy I can now eat my words. Great series with the Fakeshow, .5 seconds away from taking defending champs to game 7, and a good amount of cap space... look out West next year.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

They gon sign Chris Bosh
sick.gif
If he goes there or HOU

Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green-Bosh

Can Green Play SG? hes big, athletic enough to guard a 2
Westbrook-Green-Durant-Ibaka-Bosh

Sefalosha, Collison, Kristic Harden off the bench

who are you? this thread should of been started by me or Nasty. other than me hes the only other OKC fan on the board.

get ur bigs to learn fundamentals of boxing out
laugh.gif

it won't happen, but i'd love to see david lee signed by the thunder

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

who are you? this thread should of been started by me or Nasty. other than me hes the only other OKC fan on the board.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
not that serious man...

laugh.gif

And you are?

There will be more interest next season for the Thunder. Get ready for the new Thunder fans and bandwagoners of course.

roll.gif
this is a BIG damn deal

Yea, it's not that serious.

I do have a question. How do you have almost 3,000 post in only 3 months? That's whoa

On topic......It's safe to assume that OKC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Yea, it's not that serious.

I do have a question. How do you have almost 3,000 post in only 3 months? That's whoa

On topic......It's safe to assume that OKC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis
nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
black-rob-news.jpg

but back on topic.....

as a Wizards fan, I envy EVERYTHING about your team.  You have a young nucleus that (if all goes well), should be together for the next 8-10 years or so.  Your future is so bright it isn't even funny. 

Quick question(s)....

Bosh is going to want the max deal...

Durant is going to want the max as well when his time comes for a new deal...

you also have Westbrook/Green in the fold...

and for arguments sake, lets say Harden and Ibaka make MAJOR steps in their development....

how do you make all of this happen? 

Bosh would be a nice addition, but how much would signing him have an affect on the other guys on the roster? 

Serge is under contract for 4 more yrs, CHEAP too. He'll be 24 after that season though and barring injury, definitely will be ready to cash in on 1 of those Dalembert-Chandler type deals.

I hope we don't but I feel like we are going to trade Jeff Green. He is obviously undersized given he and KD are the same position and we force him to play the 4. We "get away" with it on most teams because the team D is so good, plus it's not like every guy in the league is a 20/10 threat and Jeff plays great D, but obviously a team like the Lakers will expose the $$%* out of that. I feel like he is mis and underused here anyways.

In terms of free agents, I'm not excited about Bosh, Lee, Boozer, or any of these names I keep hearing. Call Memphis about Thabeet since they want to give up on him, offer Haywood decent money.

We have 3 first round picks we can use to do something with. Team is already youngest in the L, don't need more rookies.

Get some "glue" vets who can do a lot of things like Rasual Butler, Travis Outlaw, Josh Howard, Mike Miller, Drew Gooden, etc. Not all those guys, but just some more live bodies.

Make Kevin Ollie a coach. It's great hearing about how much of a locker room guy he is and how much everybody likes him, but he is wasting a roster spot.

Can Philly trade the Sixers franchise and a case of Cheesesteaks for the Thunder.

underused here anyways.

The Thunder have evolved to a KD and Russ team, specifically in the half court. If you're just gona put Jeff in the corner as a 3rd option/spot up shoooter, go get someone else. It's not the role for him. I thought all series long when he was struggling, why not move him to the high post and back cut the hell out of Fisher/Artest/Kobe/Whoever.

That's why I also find the James Harden 'could' be an All Star talk to be false, even though I love his game. He'll never have a large enough role to become one. I'm not saying that will be a bad thing, though.

And I'm not completely sure the Thunder need or would excel with a low post scorer with the way KD and Russ attack. Similar to how LeBron and the Cavs are not desperate for one.

but I'd say if you could somehow get bosh, you try to, no questions asked. Lee and Boozer? Eh, nah.

Might just wait a year for Chandler/Perkins or see if you can get a hold of Alrdrich/Udoh in the draft.

If this team signs Bosh they will be a problem... that Lakers-Thunder series would become the conference finals

Man, if the Thunder grab Udoh in the draft, it's a wrap. Durant championship within 3 years. I'm obviously very high on Udoh's game.

It should be interesting especially if they go after Bosh.

Quick question regarding that though, Obviously Bosh would want close to a max. contract. Wouldn't that hurt OKC's cap space and hurt them over

the course of the next few years when the nucleus is off of their rookie contract? Im sure they'll be calling for more money as well.

Back
Top Bottom