*** OFFICIAL ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 THREAD ***

whole damn album is raw....pleasant surprise because i actually wrote dude off...this might be better than Blueprint III

Just finished the album... Very happy with the way it came out. Was looking forward to this for awhile, not dissapointed at all.

I guess I don't understand the stance of "I've heard these songs before". THAT'S THE POINT!!!!! It sounds familiar because whatyou're hearing is as close to that classic Wu sound that we're going to get in 2009. Of course nothing will ever hold a candle to the original Wu-Tangreleases, especially OB4CL. They'll never be able to fully recapture that sound, aura and magic from the 90's--it will just never happen. But for me,this is the closest thing we've heard in awhile. Other members and even Rae have been able to shine on a few songs here and there on their albums, but ithas been forever since we had a front-to-back, solid ALBUM from anyone in the Wu. And to me, that's what they were known for when they first came on thescene. All of those first solo albums were straight up classics from beginning to end, in my book. I guess I can't call this album a classic yet, but itsure does %+@* on the recent Wu stuff we've heard.

And honestly, if you're longing for anything other than what you're accustomed to from the Wu, what exactly do you want? Do you want another "8Diagrams"? While I think Rae and every other member of the Wu is incredibly talented (except U-God
laugh.gif
), if ever there was a group of dudes that just need to stay in their lane, thisis them. When they stray from the norm, we get coasters for the coffee table and something to crumble herb on.

So yeah, this album does sound familiar. But it should because dude brought it back to the essence. And quite frankly, that's what I've been waitingon for far too long. I understand the need to experiment and do different %+@*, but throw the fans a bone (pause) every now and then, and give us an albumwhere you stay in your lane. That's what Rae did with this, and I wish more artists would do the same.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I guess I don't understand the stance of "I've heard these songs before". THAT'S THE POINT!!!!! It sounds familiar because what you're hearing is as close to that classic Wu sound that we're going to get in 2009. Of course nothing will ever hold a candle to the original Wu-Tang releases, especially OB4CL. They'll never be able to fully recapture that sound, aura and magic from the 90's--it will just never happen. But for me, this is the closest thing we've heard in awhile. Other members and even Rae have been able to shine on a few songs here and there on their albums, but it has been forever since we had a front-to-back, solid ALBUM from anyone in the Wu. And to me, that's what they were known for when they first came on the scene. All of those first solo albums were straight up classics from beginning to end, in my book. I guess I can't call this album a classic yet, but it sure does %+@* on the recent Wu stuff we've heard.

And honestly, if you're longing for anything other than what you're accustomed to from the Wu, what exactly do you want? Do you want another "8 Diagrams"? While I think Rae and every other member of the Wu is incredibly talented (except U-God
laugh.gif
), if ever there was a group of dudes that just need to stay in their lane, this is them. When they stray from the norm, we get coasters for the coffee table and something to crumble herb on.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So yeah, this album does sound familiar. But it should because dude brought it back to the essence. And quite frankly, that's what I've been waiting on for far too long. I understand the need to experiment and do different %+@*, but throw the fans a bone (pause) every now and then, and give us an album where you stay in your lane. That's what Rae did with this, and I wish more artists would do the same.[/color]
clapping.gif
orson-clapping.gif
joker-clap-darknight.gif

So yeah, this album does sound familiar. But it should because dude brought it back to the essence. And quite frankly, that's what I've been waiting on for far too long. I understand the need to experiment and do different %+@*, but throw the fans a bone (pause) every now and then, and give us an album where you stay in your lane. That's what Rae did with this, and I wish more artists would do the same.

Exactly why I'll be getting this next Tuesday

I'm done listening to this album...

Well, until next tuesday. When I get an official copy
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by zube42

How good of a job did Dilla do crafting that Wu sound? SMH!
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm lost did Rae work on this album with Dilla before he died?
I think Dilla gave him the beats before he died for the album but I'm not sure if Rae recorded the songs before or after his death.

*!#* is flames im a be bumpin this *!#* heavy all the way till spring...str8 raw winter wu music like i wanted/needed in my life

good lookin out q

pimp.gif

aha yeah alc been hoggin that stutter style a lot recnetly
surgical gloves imo the best baet outta those and teh best flip of the original sample out of each
and its a styx song lmao

check around 2:08, its there
and if u listen to black markiet militia, keep listening for a lil treat
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom