Official Packers Off-Season Thread: Packers Fans Come In!!!!

With the recent signings of Burleson, Vanden Bosch, and Peppers all to teams in our division, I cant help but notice that year after year we continue to do nothing in terms of signing quality free agents, or making trades for quality players. Of course I can't complain too much, because we have obviously done well in the past decade, but we haven't really made a push for an impact player since getting Charles Woodson a few years back. It seems like we lose more key players than we gain, and then we go out an put a franchise tag on Ryan Pickett. What your opinions on how management handles the Packers organization?

Originally Posted by Ronaldo Nazario

no disrespect to Pele, but he's arguably the best Brazilian

I feel you on that...I never seen Pele play so i can't say hes the greatest ever.
Now Ronaldo dude had it all....I know there is no way in hell he will make the 2010 squad but man that be tight.
He scored 3 times int he last world cup and he was overweight!!!!!!!

Ronaldo and Zidane 2 of the best i ever seen

It sucks but I'm used to it now.  I trust TT and love his drafting(minus Harrell and Brohm) so we'll be fine.  However we need some serious help at some positions, mainly OL and CB.  Hope we can get a couple sleepers in the draft as well as some of the young OL players stepping it up.  I also am looking forward to how Pat Lee and Blackmon do in the the secondary this year.  I like the franchise tag on Pickett, he is good stuff when hes healthy.     

yeah Pickett isn't bad, but in our 3-4 scheme theres only room for one NT, so then what do we do with Raji. I agree, we do need some CB's and O-Lineman bad, and I just read on ESPN.com that Clifton is meeting with the ********, but he's always injured so that may end up being good for us.

Raji can play 3-4 DE if needed, but we have Picket and Raji because they're big dudes and rotation is HUGE come playoff time.

But if we don't SERIOUSLY address the T position im going to off myself.

IN TED I TRUST

im not to worried about it to be honest...he'll draft an OT this april...and what w4l said...pat lee and blackmon will be back and not that bum who let up that td to the steelers

i do hope we get one more solid d lineman tho cause injuries happen and outside of the 4 good ones we have...we r weak

Heard Kampmann was talking with Philly today and Clifton was talking with Carolina.  In any case, they need replacements for Clifton and Tauscher NOW.  You'd like to keep them as insurance, but you can't depend on them being healthy anymore.

Clifton signed a 3 year, $20M dollar deal with Green Bay today.

PS can OP edit this thread to be Packers offseason thread?

20 million for Clifton who had a pretty bad year last year injuries or not. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Clifton signed a 3 year, $20M dollar deal with Green Bay today.

PS can OP edit this thread to be Packers offseason thread?
where did you hear this? it isn't up on packers.com yet. But I would have to agree, definitely not worth it especially since he was injured half of last year. I honestly think we should let Kampman walk, as a linebacker he isn't that great, we looked fine without him after he went out for the year. I just hope me get a CB, Harris is getting old and slower by the minute.

Kampman was a class act on and off the field and a beast as an end in the 4-3.  I'm glad we didn't re-sign him because he simply just does not fit the 3-4 for us.  Good luck in Jacksonville Kampman.  Montgomery should be a good back up in a 4-3 as an end, again another player who does not fit the 3-4.  

Goodbye Kamp
frown.gif
you had some good years here

Hopefully we can fill gaps at CB, OL and S... I think Al Harris might get cut soon
alien.gif

word, sucks to lose kampman but he was getting up there in age. i trust we will have a good draft and like it has been stated cb and OL are positions definately needing work............................and i still hurt from that cardinals game
frown.gif

Packers are fine. Vikings will fall off this year, Bears still arent doing anything offensively with Taylor, and the Lions... its the Lions.

I see us being the team to beat in the North. Address the OL and the Secondary come draft and we should be good.
Our offense will be one of the best in the League under Rodgers.
Our defense was excellent at stopping the run, just improve on the secondary. Woodson and Collins are two good players to work with.

Not saying i wouldnt want us to get anyone though...Joey Porter could replace Kampan...Porters a beast in the 3-4
and there are cornerbacks out there, like Lito Sheppard that the Jets dropped.

Back
Top Bottom