Official Philadelphia 76ers (Sixers) 2022 offseason thread

i could spam the NBA thread like i noramlly do but i wont

can we take a second and APPRECIATE THE ROAD RECORD!!!!!!

last few years they have struggled on the road big time

didn't even realize how good they've been on the road. Grind game on this squad is waaaay better than years past

what the **** happened to this team from game 6 of the 4thq qrt to the whole game 7

the team LITERALLY QUIT

once the drive and kicks wasnt working to where we can hit 3s the team completely crumbled

Embiid was in his lil whinny state, had no desire from the ****ing tip off !!!!

Harden disappeared on the biggest stage once again

i have so much to say but i really dont even think its worth it if the team/players dont care why should i as a fan

Torn between two philosophies. Either we play slow with the Embiid and Harden game. Or we decide to play with pace and keep the ball moving. All of our success is when we keep the ball moving

offense became so predictable in the last 2halfs of the final 2 games.. i get its a make or miss league but they really didnt help themselves with easy buckets

i never seen this sixers team struggle that bad to score - dont get me wrong we deff had our games where we go on scoring droughts but those recent quarters were some of the worst i ever seen when it mattered most

55-55 around the what 11min mark in the 3rd ? and boom its 79-58 with 4mins left in the 3rd

just how completely left dumbfounded

Game 6 83-81 5mins with the ball and dont score besides a late trash bucket from Jaden Springer

Torn between two philosophies. Either we play slow with the Embiid and Harden game. Or we decide to play with pace and keep the ball moving. All of our success is when we keep the ball moving
IMO best version of this team is when they play with pace, and Embiid isn't the focal point of every play. You saw it in certain games against Toronto in the playoffs last year. I don't know if it's the most optimal way, because you are asking Maxey and Harden to elevate their play and need consistent shooting from the perimeter. The **** embiid was doing on his iso's this year was crazy, especially when he was at the elbow and high post. At the end of the day they ran into the worse possible matchup for Embiid with Horford and that's what people are going to remember

IMO best version of this team is when they play with pace, and Embiid isn't the focal point of every play. You saw it in certain games against Toronto in the playoffs last year. I don't know if it's the most optimal way, because you are asking Maxey and Harden to elevate their play and need consistent shooting from the perimeter. The **** embiid was doing on his iso's this year was crazy, especially when he was at the elbow and high post. At the end of the day they ran into the worse possible matchup for Embiid with Horford and that's what people are going to remember
Could’ve been a Doc thing tho

I’m a proponent to having 12 “start” the offense and move the ball. 12 gives you the same 3 point creation that you got from Simmons when he’s going downhill. Maxey is one of the best shooters off the catch. Harden can still get to the rim but I’d rather him not try to be best point ever

Knicks defense aint nowhere close to what we seen the heat throw at us that 1H

Even with a hobbled embiid they dont scare me. Dead serious

Knicks play slow and i dont see them upping the pace

They have 1 legit play maker

They deff do play aggressive and hustle bit i think sixers will be ready this series

Main thing knicks do is crash offensive boards - if sixers can limit 2nd chance shots/points i think sixers will be good

Embiid obv still cant jump high for boards so its going to have to be a team effort after every shot

Ya look at my comment lol they did the complete opposite - got completely cooked in both phases

It was so obvious going into the game what they do

How were the sixers not prepared to get physical i will never understand

It’s weird. Tobi was the only one actively trying to box out and hit the glass (9 boards). Everyone else was stuck between leaking out and thinking the board is going to fall to them

I also think we will adjust accordingly in game 2.

This series will be won or lost by Embiids knees.

Is it too much to ask Tobias to box out the man he’s guarding? I guess it is.
The thing is in the 2nd half, Joel didn’t want to box out. So Tobi had to guard his guy and then find the big to box out. Sounds like that’s an Embiid issue

The thing is in the 2nd half, Joel didn’t want to box out. So Tobi had to guard his guy and then find the big to box out. Sounds like that’s an Embiid issue

That’s fair. I don’t think we adjusted well after the Embiid injury, even though he was back in the floor, we should have went with the same strategy as we did in Miami by having Embiid make plays rather than score on an iso.

He was airballing shots he’d typically make with his eyes closed. He clearly was not well yet we kept force feeding him the ball.

Felt like Doc was coordinating the offense.

The one time Tobi turns into Ron Artest :smh:

Joel needed to take one step to the right and we get the board. Just one ****ing step

ya embiid could have but i think he was more focused on hart

Batum should have crashed harder IMO. He was ball watching instead

Tobias soft attempt he tried knocking it out of hartenstein hands mid air

Just a complete meltdown

Deflating

I still believe because honestly we been dominating its just the small things that hurting them when they need it most

Dumb mistakes

ya embiid could have but i think he was more focused on hart

Batum should have crashed harder IMO. He was ball watching instead

Tobias soft attempt he tried knocking it out of hartenstein hands mid air
He was the only one doing something by boxing out his guy. No one else was connected to a man.

Back
Top Bottom