***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

splash.jpg

2h5txeb.jpg

It should go like this:

1. Sign DJax
2. Sign Watkins
3. Get a linebacker

Deal Asante somewhere inbetween if needed.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

splash.jpg

It should go like this:

1. Sign DJax
2. Sign Watkins
3. Get a linebacker

Deal Asante somewhere inbetween if needed.
i wish i could go to this...im in chicago

I don't see why people are so intrigued with signing Plax. I think signing DJax to a long term contract is far more important than signing Plax, but that's just my opinion. 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Cullen
30t6p3b.gif
Andy Reid is finally tired of living in Mike Holmgren shadow
pimp.gif

more like andy and co. is tired of watching synder spend all that money incorrectly (either that or hoarding all that cap space all those years under donny
frown.gif
.. i know he gotta be real salty right now)

Current Projected Cap Room

$8,744,934

***Please understand that the cap numbers for Nnamdi Asamugah and Jason Babin are estimates until indicated otherwise.***

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I don't see why people are so intrigued with signing Plax. I think signing DJax to a long term contract is far more important than signing Plax, but that's just my opinion. 
People are intrigued (including me) by Plaxico because he's a big body who we can throw the fade to in the end zone. After the struggles we had in the red zone last year I think he could help.
But I agree that re-signing Desean is more important than getting Plaxico

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Cullen
30t6p3b.gif
Andy Reid is finally tired of living in Mike Holmgren shadow
pimp.gif

more like andy and co. is tired of watching synder spend all that money incorrectly (either that or hoarding all that cap space all those years under donny
frown.gif
.. i know he gotta be real salty right now)
word, i got to admit its kinda grimy getting all this talent now but giving McNabb dirt for all those years
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

I don't think we NEED Plax, but just imagine!
pimp.gif
Nice to see Akeem Jordan signed...maybe we sign back Stew?

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

this.

We need Djax to sign a new contract, that should be first on our list. Plax would be a nice addition but I do not think he is needed. An offense of Vick, Jackson, Maclin and Mccoy is already good enough. Plus we added so much talent on the defensive end. Andy Reid is going big or going home this season

I think this DJax situation will be more drama than people think. DJax doesn't want just a pay raise, he wants to be paid like a top receiver in the league. We already know how the Eagles have been in the past in handling holdouts. This will be interesting.

It's funny because when my Jets' fan friends found out they missed out on Nnamdi they were all on facebook talkin' bout "We don't need Nnamdi anyways.." but when they found out they got Plax, they were celebrating like they just picked up Jerry Rice in his prime. It's all good though. I'm happy with the team we have now (assuming DJax re-signs) and I have a feeling the team is gonna sign 1-2 more good pieces or trade Asante for somebody great.

plax was unrealistic.. just didn't have a spot on the team..

he would have had to play special teams and we all know that wasn't happening.. i assume lee higgins will already move chad hall off the rostor (that and the addition of dion lewis.. hell even having noel for those couple days)

but the most important thing, avant and cooper already play special teams.. lee higgins, desean and even maclin from time to time are all returners.. i just didn't get how we would have fit plax in, considering he wouldn't start over desean-maclin-avant AND wouldn't play special teams

Plax was a luxury, and I only would have wanted him if Jackson and/or Maclin had trouble getting on the field. Not sure what's up with Maclin. He reportedly had mono a couple months ago, and it possibly hasn't worked itself out yet.

Jackson's *@! will be in camp within a week because he has to be. Unless he doesn't want to accrue a year toward free agency. It's not like in the past where guys like Vincent Jackson could sit out 10 weeks and still get that year. The players have no leverage anymore. There's no point in holding out anymore because you're not threatening your team with missing anything that matters. His contract will get worked out once the team is done making moves and can assess the cap situation.

DJax has always been an arrogant dude..It was something we loved as fans bc he was always using his ego to embarrass the other team...But now that arrogance is hurting the Eagles. Let's hope they work something out because he's one of my favorite players

listening to nnambi's press conference, i am very impressed..

smart smart dude.. and when he spoke about what jersey number he would wear and speaking with hansen (even though we all know he's prob gone) WHOA

i'm very glad this dude is on our team

Back
Top Bottom