Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

battleground those bubble blowing pics are amazing

some recent

3634127930_5ff191a74c.jpg

3634128470_20c45a4220.jpg

For those running firefox and have been troubled by the bland colors on certain photos, I found a way to enable the color settings. If someone posted thisalready, then my apologizes.

- Open a new window

- in the address bar type (w/o parenthesis) "about:config"

- Click the "Yes, I'll be careful" button

- In the filter bar type "gfx"

- Three items should pop up regarding color support.

- Click the "gfx.color.management" in the middle and double click it to make it "true"

- Restart firefox and there you have it. It's worked for me, hopefully it works for you all!

My apologizes if you already knew this.

good looks on letting us know that the nikkor 35mm came in stock again . . ordered mine the other day!

. . other than my 18 - 55 lens kit, this will be my first lens purchase.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

For those running firefox and have been troubled by the bland colors on certain photos, I found a way to enable the color settings. If someone posted this already, then my apologizes.

- Open a new window

- in the address bar type (w/o parenthesis) "about:config"

- Click the "Yes, I'll be careful" button

- In the filter bar type "gfx"

- Three items should pop up regarding color support.

- Click the "gfx.color.management" in the middle and double click it to make it "true"

- Restart firefox and there you have it. It's worked for me, hopefully it works for you all!

My apologizes if you already knew this.
anyone have a solution for firefox 2? hahha i hate 3. it lags when you scroll. 2 is
pimp.gif

Can135f2lens.jpg

I got my eyes on a Canon EF 135mm f/2 USM L as an all around lens.

What do you think? Will this suffice? Accessibility is my main importance. I'm looking for just 1, not 10.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Can135f2lens.jpg

What do you think? Will this suffice? Accessibility is my main importance. I'm looking for just 1, not 10.
Im sure its a great lens but I cant see whats all around with it.. It seems far too long, for me at least. Even on a FF body I would'only' be able to use it for portraits.

so if b&h says my order is processing . . does that mean i still have a chance to get pwned & get an e-mail saying they're sold out of thisproduct?

:/

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Can135f2lens.jpg

135 is way too long to be used as an all-around. Look for a shorter focal length since it's easier to move closer to your subject than back up. Primesaren't exactly "all-around" lenses but if I were to have a single primed mounted...I always reach for my 50L (with a FF body). If you'reusing an APS-C, I suggest something along 35.

Just got a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for FREE.

Amazon: $744 for Canon XSi Digital SLR, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS, Tiffen 58mm UV Filter Though they don't offer either ofthese promotions on the product pages, Amazon is honoring Canon's instant $200 discount with the purchase of the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS TelephotoZoom Lens and the Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera. In addition you can add the Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter for free. Discount will showup on the checkout page.

Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos...0012YA85A/

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos...0011NVMO8/

Tiffen 58mm UV Protection Filter
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos...00004ZCJI/

Items: $951.66
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$7.75
Promotion Applied: -$200.00

Total Before Tax: $743.91
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $743.91

Make sure you pick all the products from Amazon as the seller. Banging deal, camera itself is $738w/tax if I drove to B&H PhotoVideo store.

eek.gif
Good deal. The 55-250 IS is a decent lens also.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get the 55-250 IS now, or wait a while and get the 70-200L.

Back
Top Bottom