***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Gotta love Mathew Yglesias' know-it-all bad takes.

A black guy that lives in the deep south all his life, who was born during Jim Crow, and been involved in politics since the late 60s doesn't know about black politics because of his reading material.

Clayburn was not arguing that the new deal wasn't a net positive, he is saying it was not fair to black people. Which is a fact.

And to make this point Yglesias ignores what the author of the book he criticizes actually said, and Clayburn's actual comment.

Ahhhhh, to be white, rich, a struggle know it all, and be constantly up your own ***. Must be grand.

Last edited:
I agree with you. Unfortunately, a lot of people, even jurors in some case, don’t realize this is how trials are supposed to work. They thing that if they believe he did it, he’s guilty without looking at the case and defense presented to them and assessing if there’s reasonable doubt |l
I've been lucky enough to only have to serve on a jury once and saying "not guilty" because of reasonable doubt is what we had to do. Yeah the kid was guilty but the NYPD ****ed up the case. A few people didn't want to let him off but eventually they came around.

The prosecutor was thick as hell though, I damn near convicted that ***** off the strength of that alone. He lucky I got a strong sense of justice :emoji_triumph:

I watched Belly for the first time in ages, in honor of DMX.

I noticed the getup his character Tommy was wearing towards the end of the film.

vlcsnap-2021-04-14-02h48m54s020.png

Now who does he remind you of in that suit?

van-jones-01-lede.jpg

Last edited:
I mean problem to me is republicans are generally anti union. Police officers are generally republicans. I called out a few of my child hood acquaintances who fit both criteria above and told me so why don’t you fight to disband your union. You know you get hit with the “well that’s different.” Yea aight man, you go about it. Told him you can’t have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom