***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Guarantee he runs for congress when he gets out.
Excellent defense.
efe8691b9c7493d7e14d8d93277164f3.png

I do remember when Rabin was assassinated. I was old enough to watch the news, but at the time, I didn't know the history of the internal conflicts in Israel on the issue of the 2-state solution.

Makes sense now.

Yeah our cost of living is high in the twin cities but we make good money here.

I don’t think the lib takeover has anything to do with taxes. People just want to get out of the city and moving to a red state kind of comes with that territory.

The thing is, a lot of people have been moving to Colorado, Washington, Virginia, and Nevada; and they were blue to purplish-blue already. People are not moving to a lot of low amenity red states too. Or low amenity areas in red states.

Housing cost is driving a lot of migration. After decades of poor housing policy, the inflation in the cost of housing is pinching a lot of residents of high amenity blue states.

Red states for the most part have ****ty housing policies as well, but they are not close to the wall where things become problematic really.

The funny part of liberals are living blue state to go to a red state is that the comparison has to be made on the state level. Because Liberals leaving blue cities in blue states to move to blue cities in red states doesn't have the same punch.

Where my spot is in sd turning wild lib. :lol:

you want a gong bath ? Local source bison? Sauna in a tent? How about a hand made full brim Indiana Jones hipster hat?

The thing is, a lot of people have been moving to Colorado, Washington, Virginia, and Nevada; and they were blue to purplish-blue already. People are not moving to a lot of low amenity red states too. Or low amenity areas in red states.

Housing cost is driving a lot of migration. After decades of poor housing policy, the inflation in the cost of housing is pinching a lot of residents of high amenity blue states.

Red states for the most part have ****ty housing policies as well, but they are not close to the wall where things become problematic really.

The funny part of liberals are living blue state to go to a red state is that the comparison has to be made on the state level. Because Liberals leaving blue cities in blue states to move to blue cities in red states doesn't have the same punch.

deregulate land use policies to own the libs.

from what I can tell a lot of old school lefties have weird malthusian pastoral instincts.

and conservatives have no principles beyond low taxes and cultural grievance.

if you had a healthy and principled conservative party in america, they'd would push to deregulate zoning.
but they'd rather prosecute the culture war and keep suburban home prices high.

In toronto you got people building mini homeless shelters in public parks,

and lefties get mad when the police tear them down,
but they also get mad if you try and turn their parking lot aka "the hearbeat of the community" into affordable housing

it's nasty.

So you’re telling me that if I move to Florida I should move to the panhandle? Yea…. I don’t think so :lol:

it’s Orlando area or bust for me.

same with Georgia, I ain’t moving to the middle of nowhere. Has to be Atlanta or savannah the least. Same with North Carolina, Charlotte or bust.

Back
Top Bottom