***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Either we defeat them or they defeat us.
I hope you are wrong. I hope there are a fair amount of people who vote for Republicans out of misinformation that is either taught through family and community or consumed via media. Because if you arent wrong, this sentence in which I quoted has but only 1 outcome that I can foresee.

15z1hen19y371.jpg

They aren’t tricked by misinformation
The base does believe the BS because they are being tricked by misinformation, and that started way before the Obama years.

In another thread, someone posted that 75% of white folks in the US have an entirely white social network. Conservative propagandists have been able to establish assumptions about non-whites (assumptions those white people are likely to accept as true because have very little incentive to deny or challenge due to the homogeneity of their network and the lack of evidence it's likely to provide), and they used those assumptions to attack the Democrats those non-whites vote for.

I hope you are wrong. I hope there are a fair amount of people who vote for Republicans out of misinformation that is either taught through family and community or consumed via media. Because if you arent wrong, this sentence in which I quoted has but only 1 outcome that I can foresee.
Even if Fox News, NewsMax, and all those propaganda outlets were to be blacklisted, what do you think would be the most likely outcome: Republicans realizing they were fooled, or Republicans crying about state censure? It would take a very skillful statesperson and a lot of luck to get Republicans to accept that they have to rethink their general perception of what America should be without having to go through what you're thinking about. I don't know if that person exists in DC.

"Patriotic education" is something the US has criticized in other countries like North Korea and Cuba

It has become tradition around anniversaries of the 1989 Beijing massacre to contrast youth of that era with young Chinese of today. The former, these comparisons suggest, clamored for political change, while the latter show little hint of that revolutionary zeal — in fact they suffer from “amnesia” and “apathy” toward the events.

In June of 1989, the blood on Beijing’s streets had barely dried before the state-enforced forgetting began. Thirty years later, authorities continue to aggressively suppress the full story. Some textbooks whitewash the Tiananmen protests as a “riot” instigated by black elements who were justifiably suppressed with violence, along with a small number of bystanders; most don’t mention it at all. China’s sophisticated “Great Firewall” internet censorship apparatus likewise snuffs out any mention of the events, and those who try to publicly acknowledge them are often harassed, intimidated or detained.

this country has a whole lot in common with those it fears...how many #RealAmericans know about Tulsa?

hell, you might remember that time the cops bombed Philly in the late 80s.

This!

The sad thing is, it’s not just Republicans that fall into this scope. I hung out with a friend last night who opened up the conspiracy rabbit hole last summer. And was trying to tell me that Fauci purposely tried to get people sick and that the woman who made the “plandemic” video was right. He isn’t a Republican or Trump supporter at all… but is completely anti Fauci/anti vax, and still believes the vaccine is a form of population control.

When I asked him to show me where in the Fauci e-mails he found these things that “confirmed” these beliefs, he hit me with the, “find it yourself.”

I had to change the topic quick, this dude is one of my best friends for years, but the conspiracy way of thinking is so out of control at times.

"Patriotic education" is something the US has criticized in other countries like North Korea and Cuba
All it took was a Black guy walking through the front doors of the White House for Conservatives to pull all the stops.

As far back as early 2007, "a black president" was the punchline of many political jokes. The ultimate glass ceiling was broken, and the Right has been going crazy ever since.

Call it what it really is: The Let's Make White People Comfortable Project.

So glad we live in a time when access to information is so readily available. Whatever trash Wheels is trying to push will have little impact outside the people who already want to believe in it.

Sounds like history class might be a good time for the kids to take a nap.

Call it what it really is: The Let's Make White People Comfortable Project.

So glad we live in a time when access to information is so readily available. Whatever trash Wheels is trying to push will have little impact outside the people who already want to believe in it.

Sounds like history class might be a good time for the kids to take a nap.
This is history repeating itself for the millionth time. Many “projects” like this are to aid white flight to head their direction.

All it took was a Black guy walking through the front doors of the White House for Conservatives to pull all the stops.

As far back as early 2007, "a black president" was the punchline of many political jokes. The ultimate glass ceiling was broken, and the Right has been going crazy ever since.
They were going nuts before that but yeah, this was what really pushed them over the edge. The GOP ending up in this place is not surprising, but at the rate they were going pre-2008 I thought they would have reached the point they are now in the 2040 or 50s. Obama's presidency accelerated the embrace of fascism.

Last edited:
This!

The sad thing is, it’s not just Republicans that fall into this scope. I hung out with a friend last night who opened up the conspiracy rabbit hole last summer. And was trying to tell me that Fauci purposely tried to get people sick and that the woman who made the “plandemic” video was right. He isn’t a Republican or Trump supporter at all… but is completely anti Fauci/anti vax, and still believes the vaccine is a form of population control.

When I asked him to show me where in the Fauci e-mails he found these things that “confirmed” these beliefs, he hit me with the, “find it yourself.”

I had to change the topic quick, this dude is one of my best friends for years, but the conspiracy way of thinking is so out of control at times.

Jameson called me last night and he disagrees with this assessment. He says your friend and HIS FRIEND was speak facts. He sent me a Gif of himself when your friend was exposing Dr. FRAUDCI

giphy (7).gif

Back
Top Bottom