***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Now all the agencies have just went rogue, surely nothing can be done to deter the behavior other than "hey guys cut that out!, that's not nice" :rofl:

Yet somehow I am supposed to buy that all this ****ery, and pushing the country closer to economic ruin, is about having some secret knowledge about winning WV...

my Joe Manchin take is predicated on the idea that in the end he'll do the right (ish) thing and give you the votes.

if he doesn't do that and actually torpedo's Joe Bidens legislative agenda then yah youll be 100% correct, it's not worth it.

let's hoipe im right about this and after all this goofiness he'll be there at the end.

I think Manchin, Sinema, and these centrists in the House are ******* bought so they won't completely back off their *******

Because if you are gonna attack a handful of leftist in the house for supporting stuff like Defund the Police because they argue it hurts the Party with the median swing voter, then I need to know they rationalize killing the most popular policy on the Democratic platform. The prescription drug pricing stuff.

Hell there are a bunch of other centrists in swing districts saying the same thing. Basically, their own party members are ******* them politically with their nonsense.

Last edited:
The Joe rogans of the world live off of non researched based “fact-pinion”. I just made that word up so trademark in the works :lol:

I was gonna say "damb thats a good buzzword how come I've never heard it" lol you need to get on that copywrite

the thing with youtube is that you dont need a friend request and there isnt fact checking like FBs half-assed algorithm, and the stupidity has been around for longer (flat earthers, sov cits etc)

I was gonna say "damb thats a good buzzword how come I've never heard it" lol you need to get on that copywrite

the thing with youtube is that you dont need a friend request and there isnt fact checking like FBs half-assed algorithm, and the stupidity has been around for longer (flat earthers, sov cits etc)
Don't let search engines off the hook.

Back then, the crazies had to put some effort into finding like-minded "thinkers" outside of the accepted consensus: had to join civil war reenactment clubs, white cloth sewing clubs, pyromaniac clubs, etc...

Now, entire communities of stupidity are just a few Google searches away.

I think Manchin, Sinema, and these centrists in the House are ****ing bought so they won't completely back off their ****ery

Because if you are gonna attack a handful of leftist in the house for supporting stuff like Defund the Police because they argue it hurts the Party with the median swing voter, then I need to know they rationalize killing the most popular policy on the Democratic platform. The prescription drug pricing stuff.

Hell there are a bunch of other centrists in swing districts saying the same thing. Basically, their own party members are ****ing them politically with their nonsense.

It's a nightmare,

democrats are locked in this vicious cycle of

Progressives supporting unpopular social/cultural policy
and the moderates killing popular fiscal policy.

It's a nightmare,

democrats are locked in this vicious cycle of

Progressives supporting unpopular social/cultural policy
and the moderates killing popular fiscal policy.
The only thing I will say in response to this is that both side's analyses only working if we restrict it to merely the electoral prospects of the party come election time.

If we look at how these decisions effective regular people's lives, especially the majority of Dem voters, it is a near-complete indictment of the moderates

A few leftists support Defund the Police publicly, few of them go on TV and signal to boost progressive slogans. Legislatively the vast majority of progressives don't do that. They help pass a fairly reasonable police accountability bill and gave Biden the money and power to give cities MORE money for the police if they wanted it. Legislatively, progressive helps fund the police, but they want basic accountability too.

They compromised and were pragmatic and came down off their price for their demands to support a plan to pass the infrastructure bill, social spending bill, and to hand Biden a major win. They were pragmatic and compromised.

The moderates on the other hand through keeping the filibuster and their clear corruption sabotage bill after bill with either inaction or plain ridiculous behavior. On civil rights, voting rights, and now popular fiscal policy. Even on the basic ****, they are bucking.

If the Democratic Party should be about providing material benefits for people. The progressive clearly takes that seriously, and the moderates do not.

Whether some agrees or disagree with the merits of something like Defund the Police. At least progressives that supported them and a noble goal, which is to lower the number of violent and sometimes deadly interactions between police and minorities

What the hell are the moderates doing this nonsense for? I can't even tell. I see these ************ come out of TV and just talk jibberish. They use bad faith economic critiques, and right-wing talking points, and straight-up lies to sabotage policy that will make a real difference in people's lives. Hell, the bill will save lives. All in the name of keeping the donor money coming in one way or the other.

One group might be misguided, the other is vile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom