***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
Joined Dec 8, 1999
I guess I’m missing all of these attempted good-faith discussions with me.

Since you made your original post, I was asked about my pedo support—I didn’t comment (you didn’t either). I was also asked why I wanted to control womens’ privates—I didn’t comment, but I’ve spoken in depth about abortion policy in the past (you didn’t comment either). I was called Delk and a comment was made about me using lotion for my legs—I didn’t comment (you didn’t either, but you liked the message).

Recently, I mentioned RustyShackleford RustyShackleford in a post asking about watered-down legislation—he responded that he wouldn’t engage.

Where exactly is all of the good-faith discussion that people are having (or attempting to have) with me in this thread? It is mostly posters mentioning me to mock me, not to have any real meaningful discussion (even when I’m not posting). There are certainly trolls in this thread, that are seemingly ignored by you. And have been for years.

I post the links without comment because when I do comment, the response isn’t meaningful. It’s the same regurgitated questions regarding pedo support, womens’ privates, name-calling me Delk, asking me if “as a southern black man” I can call Trump a racist, etc. With no comment from you.

If this isn’t a political antagonism thread then it is certainly an antogonize dwalk31 dwalk31 thread. Any honest poster can see that.

I still post in here because I’m not letting posters bully me out of a thread with constant grade-school insults.

How about this: what political topic would you like my opinion on and/or to discuss? What question have I not directly addressed? We can discuss it whenever you like.

Same for anyone else in here.
You came into this thread concern trolling and sea lioning. You made it your business to play devil’s advocate for a rogues’ gallery of racists (denying their racism to this very day.) You taunted people who objected to an overtly bigoted administration and gleefully pointed at the scoreboard when things didn’t go their way.

You’re now angry that people possess working memories.

References to your tactics and positions both past and current are not out of bounds. Sorry.

What “good faith” discussions are you having? Have you talked about what you feel it would take to get those “good policies” implemented, which you only seem to reference when crowing about their legislative defeats?

Why is your “support” for Joe Biden so hard to spot compared to that for Donald Trump and his enablers? Do you not now have common cause with other posters here?

Good faith discussion occurs in this thread regularly. That it so seldom involves you is less evidence of a “double standard” than a reflection of your behavior.

You spent five years slinging feces and now you want people to shake your hand after 5 seconds of hand washing.

Joined Jul 1, 2016
meanwhile, we got real problems over here....NT Secret Santa might be in jeopardy.

"It's important to remember that the goods movement system is a private sector-driven system," [White House "Bottleneck Czar" John Porcari] said. "There's problems in every single part of that system. And, they tend to compound each other.

"While the pandemic was an enormously disruptive force, I think it also laid bare what was an underlying reality, which was the system was strained before the pandemic."

TooOlfForThisIsh

Supporter
Joined Sep 28, 2020
meanwhile, we got real problems over here....NT Secret Santa might be in jeopardy.

There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks. The regulatory system that’s evolved has further concentrated risk by centralizing and standardizing oversight. It’s the same kind of thinking that‘s plagued the financial system and the digital world.

America ignored investment in the supply chain for decades

Let companies export vast amounts of it overseas, deindustrializing community after community, all in the name of cheaper prices and higher profits

Now it is coming to bite us in the ***, people gonna cry and complain
You can mind the supply chain and still take advantage of global trade and relative advantage. I don’t think the failure has been in deindustrialization so much as it’s been in the abandonment of governance: the offshoring of oversight. Although I think we do agree that unchecked greed is ultimately responsible, whatever the mechanism.

Joined Jul 15, 2018
There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks. The regulatory system that’s evolved has further concentrated risk by centralizing and standardizing oversight. It’s the same kind of thinking that‘s plagued the financial system and the digital world.

You can mind the supply chain and still take advantage of global trade and relative advantage. I don’t think the failure has been in deindustrialization so much as it’s been in the abandonment of governance: the offshoring of oversight. Although I think we do agree that unchecked greed is ultimately responsible, whatever the mechanism.
You are absolutely correct. Especially on a country to country level this has always been a known risk of relying on just in time inventory.

However, COVID being a black swan level event is what makes this whole thing so much more serious on a global economy level. Normally, somebody, somewhere would pick up the slack and while the country usually recovering from a natural disaster or war and their clients would be screwed the “markets” would keep on ticking. This stressor on top of the other signs of stagnation (or even worse stagflation) should have everyone worried… I think our current global trade system is on thinner ice than most people realize, and while it’s definitely greed and stupidity that got us here. We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.

whywesteppin

Supporter
Joined Mar 27, 2004
everybody wants to squeeze out marginal gains but don't think to protect against catastrophic losses.

Have a awesome week fellas. Be nice to each other and take life one day at a time
you can laugh, you can cry, you can express yourselves. but please, don't hurt each other, ok?

Joined Jan 16, 2011
There’s a fundamental tension between efficiency and resiliency. Just in time inventory and horizontal integration have reduced excess and redundancy, but have also made the entire system more susceptible to shocks.
Can't we just replace the entirety of Congress with systems engineers?
However, COVID being a black swan level event is what makes this whole thing so much more serious on a global economy level.
The thing about COVID is that it was a preventable event. Public health officials have been predicting exactly what we're going through, but they have been ignored by most of the people in charge because they have a such a hard-on for cost cutting and efficiency that they disregard the safety that comes with redundancy.

The same goes for climate change: climate experts have been warning about everything from the emergence of new diseases to the destruction of crops and resources necessary to modern life (like lumber), and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.

TooOlfForThisIsh

Supporter
Joined Sep 28, 2020
We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.
If the misery comes in the form of reduced consumption to. non-durable goods, then maybe it’s for the best. But I fear for us all when containers of sneakers takes precedence over medicines because that’s what the market demands.

, and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

- H. L. Mencken

TooOlfForThisIsh

Supporter
Joined Sep 28, 2020
We’re all complicit in this system and shocks like this is going to make us all miserable.
If the misery comes in the form of reduced consumption to. non-durable goods, then maybe it’s for the best. But I fear for us all when containers of sneakers takes precedence over medicines because that’s what the market demands.

, and we elected people who chose to subsidize oil and gas companies. Then, we act shocked when the experts are proven right.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H. L. Mencken

Joined Dec 30, 2006
Can we make a big drive to get Obama to the Supreme Court for Breyer?
I don’t think Former-President Obama is interested in that position.

Merrick Garland is the most obvious choice, but I doubt Breyer steps down. It’d Look too much like the politicization of the Court by its officers.

Joined Dec 30, 2006
Good faith discussion occurs in this thread regularly. That it so seldom involves you is less evidence of a “double standard” than a reflection of your behavior.

You spent five years slinging feces and now you want people to shake your hand after 5 seconds of hand washing.
This isn’t what’s happening; I’m not asking anyone to shake hands. I posted links without comment. Another poster mentioned me asking me a question multiple times, then I responded.

Then you remarked on how my posting the link without comment and my remark didn’t rise to the level of good-faith discussion.

You are saying I should be involved in good faith discussion and you are also explaining to me why posters don’t want to engage in good faith discussion with me. I can’t control who chooses to engage in good faith discussion with me. It doesn’t seem that you can either.

That’s why I offer the links without comment.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now