***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No, you just don't like my stance so it's "dumb" and "whining"

Why are progressives who never voted for Joe Manchin upset that he doesn't go along?

Do the beliefs of people in West Virginia not matter? Or just when you agree with them?

I don't care for Lauren boebert but I'm not going to tell the people of Colorado that they're only allowed to elect people I approve of or else face being kicked out
Your moral code doesn't absolve you and others around you from the outcome of actions taken as a result of following your principles.

If your principles lead you to drive a car off a cliff, you die. If other people are in that car with you, and they don't want to die, they shouldn't simply let you do it because it's part of your moral code.

I don't know what's hard to understand about this.

No, you just don't like my stance so it's "dumb" and "whining"

Why are progressives who never voted for Joe Manchin upset that he doesn't go along?

Do the beliefs of people in West Virginia not matter? Or just when you agree with them?
Dude, you are too high on your own supply.

You are just rambling about imaginary **** and not making any solid points, that is why I said you are whining and your argument is dumb

First, there are progressive in West Virginia that voted for Manchin. Progressives always run and support candidates in primaries but their numbers are small in the state so they can't win but they exist in the state. Why you are even so preoccupied with progressives is beyond me. Liberals are mad at Manchin and Sinema, Centrist are mad at them. This is not just a progressive thing. Every other Senator voted for the bill besides those two. Not just the progressives.

I am upset at Joe Manchin because protecting voting rights, especially in the face of black Americans being targeted, and attacks on democracy is the morally right thing to do. And a strong liberal democracy is essential to the socioeconomic health of a country.

There were other Democrats from red states that voted for the measure. Joe Manchin's argument defending his actions don't make any sense. He is plainly wrong about the history of the filibuster. He is plainly wrong about the courts protecting voting rights

Of course, if people are gonna be upset at someone protecting the power of people hurting our democratic system and peddling lies as a defense

You just seem so in your feelings about being upset at progressives you can't think straight

Last edited:
thehealthinspector thehealthinspector probably cried when he learned about the Civil War and how those disingenuous northeners enforced their disingenuous morality on the poor southern slaveowners

Did the beliefs of slaveowners not matter? :smh:
He is gonna take this joke extra literal and start complaining you are accusing him of something he did not say

Mans pearl-clutching game is next level right now

No one:
Some people in this thread:
3yjodc.png

The rest of us:
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.03.40 AM.png

Someone in r/daddit made a great point a few weeks ago. Toddlers are worth their weight in gold in the mines, his reasoning was that the little hands can get into the little nooks and crannies to make sure no coal is left behind.

When my wife’s great-grandfather died, his wife and two small sons ended up being taken in by a coal mining operation in central PA. In exchange for lodging and food, the oldest child, around 8, worked over 80 hours per week as a breaker boy, His mother was told if the boy died, she would have to send the 6 year old, my wife’s grandfather, to replace him or face eviction.

Critical race theory isn’t taught in high school or lower levels

Meanwhile

After clicking the article, it does not appear that the bill is limited to white students.

Are you saying that you are in support of school lessons that make students feel discomfort on the basis of their race and/or sex?

This is particularly insidious because, I am sure that he is deliberately abusing the ambiguity between the logical and English concepts of “or”.

Mathematically, the claim that the AA voting rate is the same as the non-AA voting rate is identical to the claim that the AA voting rate is the same as the entire population (including AAs) voting rate. So Mitch can always claim that he was comparing sample mean to population mean (including the sample) as evidence a lack of bias.

But he knows exactly how English speakers will generally interpret that. And it’s a straight up dog whistle on the legitimacy of black citizenship.

Cowardly rhetorical bs with a “well actually“ defense. That man is evidence for the existence of evil.

"why are you afraid of teaching kids about Racism?"

I'm not, why are you afraid of parents that disagree? Because they're a threat to your moral righteousness?
This whole “moral righteousness” nonsense makes absolutely no sense. At this point, it’s just a shibboleth you thoughtlessly repeat.

Again, do you think it’s okay to teach students about the Holocaust, but imparting an ethical position on it, like, say, that it was a bad thing that shouldn’t happen again, amounts to “moral righteousness” and it’s impermissible for societies to share baseline ethical values, such as equality under the law?

We all know Republicans only support tax breaks and giving their communities money, but here you are using some bill that does neither as some gotcha "see see, I told you theyre Racist"
I think passing laws around the country to ban or weaken the teaching of America’s institutional racism and restrict ballot access to voters of color, especially in predominantly Black and indigenous communities, outs the contemporary Republican agenda as racist more obviously than tax breaks.

Because I disagree with the disingenuous of the tweet, I'm wasting everyone's time
You’re wasting everyone’s time because what few stated principles you’ve expressed separate from your sputtering of OAN catchphrases are in direct conflict with the substance of the proposed bill.

You just had a knee jerk reaction to a tweet and you’ve been spinning around in circles struggling to rationalize it ever since. You’re mad because you’re mad, but the instant we try to make any logical sense of it your arguments all collapse under the slightest scrutiny.

Republicans supporting vouchers as imposing morality? It probably would be if you saw them forcing kids to go to these schools, is that the case?
But it’s fine to force kids to go to schools where racism can’t be honestly or accurately taught, right?

This whole “moral righteousness” nonsense makes absolutely no sense. At this point, it’s just a shibboleth you thoughtlessly repeat.

Again, do you think it’s okay to teach students about the Holocaust, but imparting an ethical position on it, like, say, that it was a bad thing that shouldn’t happen again, amounts to “moral righteousness” and it’s impermissible for societies to share baseline ethical values, such as equality under the law?

I think passing laws around the country to ban or weaken the teaching of America’s institutional racism and restrict ballot access to voters of color, especially in predominantly Black and indigenous communities, outs the contemporary Republican agenda as racist more obviously than tax breaks.

You’re wasting everyone’s time because what few stated principles you’ve expressed separate from your sputtering of OAN catchphrases are in direct conflict with the substance of the proposed bill.

You just had a knee jerk reaction to a tweet and you’ve been spinning around in circles struggling to rationalize it ever since. You’re mad because you’re mad, but the instant we try to make any logical sense of it your arguments all collapse under the slightest scrutiny.

But it’s fine to force kids to go to schools where racism can’t be honestly or accurately taught, right?

If you noticed, my posts have gone from parents having a say in their kids learning to progressive entitlement

I said I'm fine with conservative parents having an opinion on what's best for their kids and progressive doing the same

But when it comes to what is probably a district or districts of conservatives, progressives get to come in and go "no no no, you need to teach this, and not doing so is wrong"

That's not entitlement? That's not moral righteousness?

But when it comes to what is probably a district or districts of conservatives, progressives get to come in and go "no no no, you need to teach this, and not doing so is wrong"

It's literally the other way around. The teaching curriculum hasnt been changed to *start* talking about slavery, but now the conservative (more like QOP) parents are outraged about slavery being taught and saying "no no no, you CANT teach this and doing so is wrong."

That's not peak entitlement?

It's literally the other way around. The teaching curriculum hasnt been changed to *start* talking about slavery, but now the conservative (more like QOP) parents are outraged about slavery being taught and saying "no no no, you CANT teach this and doing so is wrong."

That's not peak entitlement?

Is it literally about slavery and even mentioning the word?

Or is it a disagreement in how it's taught like the book mentioned in the tweet?

If you noticed, my posts have gone from parents having a say in their kids learning to progressive entitlement

I said I'm fine with conservative parents having an opinion on what's best for their kids and progressive doing the same

Yes, I think we’ve all noticed that your argument keeps shifting.

You realize this is a proposed state law and would thus supersede the wishes of individual districts, schools, and private businesses, correct?

Yes, I think we’ve all noticed that your argument keeps shifting.

You realize this is a proposed state law and would thus supersede the wishes of individual districts, schools, and private businesses, correct?

I assumed it was a state law and I've never supported it, I've continued my support for parents

Let's say this law failed completely

Do you think the original tweeters opinion somehow changes on covid and books on slavery in regards to conservatives... Just because a state law fails?

I highly doubt his opinion would change on both matters

"this law I disagree with failed... Now I'm fine with conservative parents giving their kids covid and refusing certain books"

Last edited:
I disingenuously enjoy being a disingenuous disengeuouser
I find your entitled progressive disingenuousness morally outrageous, Jussie Smollett crime bill.

I assumed it was a state law and I've never supported it, I've continued my support for parents

Let's say this law failed completely

Do you think the original tweeters opinion somehow changes on covid and books on slavery in regards to conservatives... Just because a state law fails?

I highly doubt his opinion would change on both matters
His tweet was about this proposed law - which apparently now neither of you support.

Keep going. You’re doing great.

Back
Top Bottom